MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For the 11th consecutive season (and an MLS record 21st time in club history) Metro qualifies for the playoffs after a 1-0 win on an 89' Arron Long goal vs NE coupled with an Inter Miami defeat in Dallas #ForzaMetro

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
GBS will get the axe eventually, but its only masking the true incompetence of the front office and all the decisions makers got a front row seat to see how shit the team they built is.

I'm just going to keep quoting myself from now on because there's nothing left to say about the Galaxy. Its the same thing after every game

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Huge win for RBNY last night considering they close out the season with NYCFC and Toronto. I don't know if they can hop over Nashville for the 6 spot, but at this point I want to make sure they're home for the play-in at least.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Supporter shield would have been nice for TFC and I guess it is still in the realm of possibilities. That being said the loss last night was a major set back and the roster is too thin at the moment. I just hope we have most of the key players back for the start of the playoffs...

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Well after Gonzalez got sent off I knew they weren't going to get a result. GBS will get the axe eventually, but its only masking the true incompetence of the front office and all the decisions makers got a front row seat to see how shit the team they built is.
GBS got the axe.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Galaxy are a poorly run club. They got lucky that the best player in MLS History wanted to spend his best years in LA. Now that he’s retired, they have no plan.

They have plenty of money and a great academy, but they don’t have a clue what to do with their team. They sign players like Ibrahimovic and Hernandez to put fans in the seats, and all the wise academy players leave the club before signing a pro deal.

Reactions: Gecklund

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Galaxy are a poorly run club. They got lucky that the best player in MLS History wanted to spend his best years in LA. Now that he’s retired, they have no plan.

They have plenty of money and a great academy, but they don’t have a clue what to do with their team. They sign players like Ibrahimovic and Hernandez to put fans in the seats, and all the wise academy players leave the club before signing a pro deal.
Ibra was great for them, to be fair.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Ibra isn’t really the best example. I’d say Gerrard, Chicharito, Cole, dos Santos (Gio major, to a lesser extent Jonathan), de Jong, Jones, Van Damme, etc. are great examples of players that were just bought to put fans in the seats and didn’t do much else. It’s insane how many big money players they’ve spent on that haven’t panned out. Ibra is not one of those.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ibra isn’t really the best example. I’d say Gerrard, Chicharito, Cole, dos Santos (Gio major, to a lesser extent Jonathan), de Jong, Jones, Van Damme, etc. are great examples of players that were just bought to put fans in the seats and didn’t do much else. It’s insane how many big money players they’ve spent on that haven’t panned out. Ibra is not one of those.

He was a good player in MLS. Doesn’t mean they couldn’t have made a wiser signing. As I already said, he was bad in the locker room and forced the team to be built specifically around him. They had no team success with him.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He was a good player in MLS. Doesn’t mean they couldn’t have made a wiser signing. As I already said, he was bad in the locker room and forced the team to be built specifically around him. They had no team success with him.
There’s no one they could have bought (he was free by the way but wages) that they would have had success with. The problem is they have to compensate for their backline so much that it prevents them from going forward. On paper their front 3 and midfield should be fantastic.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
without zlatan, the galaxy likely win 3 straight wooden spoons. he carried the team on his back and every galaxy fan should be grateful for that

gerrard and GDS were brought in against arena's wishes. but at least they performed to an extent and those teams played well. chicharito is easily the worst signing in club history. just your typical "lets sell some tickets" move without any other consideration whatsoever. also, van damme was f*cking awesome, really miss that guy and how much he loved playing for the galaxy

wake me up when chris klein gets the axe. because nothing will improve until he's gone

Reactions: kingsboy11

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
who gives a shit? those guys should be grateful zlatan even came over in the first place, or else they'd be looking at a potential 4th straight wooden spoon

Great attitude. All lowly Galaxy players are lucky to be blessed by this arrogant POS that helped the Galaxy accomplish nothing. Because he was individually a good player it means that the team would’ve been significantly worse without him.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Great attitude. All lowly Galaxy players are lucky to be blessed by this arrogant POS that helped the Galaxy accomplish nothing. Because he was individually a good player it means that the team would’ve been significantly worse without him.
uhhhhh yes......they would've been in the cellar without him. there's no question about that

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
*looks at everything Zlatan won*

*Looks at how Galaxy fared after he left*

Yea I don't think the problem was Zlatan.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ibra was never the problem. It’s those lowly players around him. They aren’t good.

Reactions: Terry Yake

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I mean the charts speak for themselves about our issues.
ElnEK3eU4AAz8YP

Elm1N6CU0AE8rB6

ElnD9pEUcAA9910

For as much crap as Arena got after the National team missing the World Cup, he's a hell of an MLS coach.

Also to help do some math, Zlatan scored 52 goals in 56 games for the Galaxy. In 2018 he scored 22 of our 66 goals which was 33% of our goals scored that season. In 2019 he scored 30 goals of our 58 which is about 52%. Just absolutely insane numbers that shows how great of a goal scorer he was, but just think of how good this team could've been if we had some resemblance of a defense. I would've loved to have kept him, but know him and his personality anything less than a championship is unacceptable and he knew we weren't winning anytime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad