MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Always seemed odd that they wouldn't award it. There will definitely be an asterisk on it for being a weird schedule, but the winner will still have earned the honors.
Do we know if they’re doing it based on PPG? Cause a team like Seattle isn’t going to play the same amount as all the other teams. That game against Colorado that got postponed almost definitely won’t be played.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Do we know if they’re doing it based on PPG? Cause a team like Seattle isn’t going to play the same amount as all the other teams. That game against Colorado that got postponed almost definitely won’t be played.
Haven't checked, but I doubt Seattle is able to make up the gap regardless.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Tough night for a huge game; Mavinga, Altidore, Piatti, Osorio, and Zavalata, and Akinola all out injured.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Every time the galaxy are about to play a game against LAFC I always think the worst and we'll get smoked and usually it never happens so I'm going into this with no expectations. Especially since Chicharito isn't even in the team today.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Every time the galaxy are about to play a game against LAFC I always think the worst and we'll get smoked and usually it never happens so I'm going into this with no expectations. Especially since Chicharito isn't even in the team today.
Sounds like a positive to me

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well after Gonzalez got sent off I knew they weren't going to get a result. GBS will get the axe eventually, but its only masking the true incompetence of the front office and all the decisions makers got a front row seat to see how shit the team they built is.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Love this. Seattle holds the second longest active playoff streak in the top 5 US leagues behind only Penguins.

(I know other teams did the same with the no x but didn’t have the same sort of tweet)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't get it that tweet, especially when they had a somewhat celebratory tweet right before it. So, what are teams doing with the "x-"? Is it just Philly or has it always been a thing on twitter names?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't get it that tweet, especially when they had a somewhat celebratory tweet right before it. So, what are teams doing with the "x-"? Is it just Philly or has it always been a thing on twitter names?
I’ve seen lots of NHL teams do it. I’m not entirely sure about MLS because I haven’t really paid attention. It’s not necessarily the x- thing that I’m talking about. More of the desire, expectation and quality of winning. It’s a breath of fresh air being a Sharks/Clippers/United fan.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I’ve seen lots of NHL teams do it. I’m not entirely sure about MLS because I haven’t really paid attention. It’s not necessarily the x- thing that I’m talking about. More of the desire, expectation and quality of winning. It’s a breath of fresh air being a Sharks/Clippers/United fan.
Gotcha. I looked at Philadelphia Union's twitter after my post and yeah, that's incredibly tacky. Not as bad as Nashville's banners since it's just twitter, but still tacky.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Gotcha. I looked at Philadelphia Union's twitter after my post and yeah, that's incredibly tacky. Not as bad as Nashville's banners since it's just twitter, but still tacky.
You know I’m okay with whatever Nashville does. It’s a huge thing to celebrate. What they’re doing is insane. So many people had them as bottom of the league and as a new expansion team, you never know how it will all work. They built the team and the team has bought in fully and now are about to make the playoffs.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You know I’m okay with whatever Nashville does. It’s a huge thing to celebrate. What they’re doing is insane. So many people had them as bottom of the league and as a new expansion team, you never know how it will all work. They built the team and the team has bought in fully and now are about to make the playoffs.
Sorry, meant the Predators NHL banners, the regular season West Champs one.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad