MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Further to that...they seem to be denying the extra time substitution so Rowe can't come off the bench ....but then he can.....and then he can't.......he's been guided onto the field and then guided off the field. Schlegal has put the keepers gear on....

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Only MLS can do something that I've never seen before. 2nd yellow to the keeper, try to sub on backup and then can't, field player makes save and then go on to win. You cannot script it any better

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The NYRB - Columbus match is historic because it's the first time in MLS history where it's obvious that the coach of one of the teams clearly does not care about winning the game and sees it as little more than a training exercise to plan for next season. If our coach and organization aren't mad about losing this game why should I be?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Wow I had the Union going to the finals and they just went out on a whimper. But I will say this I would never count out a Bruce Arena side in the playoffs.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm not surprised its going this way. LAFC just didn't have it this year. They can blame it on Covid and injuries, but they were just off all season. Defense is in shambles and they've never had an above average striker and their depth is very poor.

Reactions: Gecklund

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
TFC did not deserve to win last night. This season will unfortunately be remembered as a letdown, the squad just could not get a healthy run of games together and moving homes didn't help either. Ultimately I was not surprised to bow out last night.

One regret is Deleon missing that first half chance. If he takes that the game would have been much different... On to the next one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->