MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, it's been decisively settled on the field. The all-yellow kit in MLS is clearly the exclusive property of the Crew, as we all knew it has always been, and Nashville now must cease use of same forever. :nod: :thumbu:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Every time I watched Nashville this year I thought they were the Crew. So annoying that they couldn't find a different shade of yellow and different colored shorts

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Vanney is tempting for the Galaxy after the turnaround that he did in Toronto, but I'd wait and see how Schmetzer in Seattle goes. I think also Jim Curtin's contract is up in Philly

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Vanney is tempting for the Galaxy after the turnaround that he did in Toronto, but I'd wait and see how Schmetzer in Seattle goes. I think also Jim Curtin's contract is up in Philly
Rumours in the Toronto area are that he is eying the Vanney is eyeing the Galaxy job!

Reactions: Basement Cat

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don’t think Schmetzer goes anywhere. Guy has been with the club since like the 80s.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I don’t think Schmetzer goes anywhere. Guy has been with the club since like the 80s.

A man can dream...plus he'd want to go to a better team anyways

To be fair though Vanney makes a lot of sense for the Galaxy. Knows the league, knows how to turn a team around, knows how to work with big name players, played for the Galaxy years ago and with Chris Klein as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Like I get IMPACT was not the greatest name in the world but don't we have enough "City" FC in this god forsaken league?
I think they want to claim FC before a CPL club comes in and takes it. Impact is dated and the perception of the team/name is not the best in Montreal. I guess they see where the MLS is going and want to modernize themselves and fit in with the LAFC's and Inter Miami's of the world.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I think they want to claim FC before a CPL club comes in and takes it. Impact is dated and the perception of the team/name is not the best in Montreal. I guess they see where the MLS is going and want to modernize themselves and fit in with the LAFC's and Inter Miami's of the world.
Team being run badly isn’t going to change because they decided to adopt ridiculously generic name.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Team being run badly isn’t going to change because they decided to adopt ridiculously generic name.
Oh for sure! But to them it's all about the optics and how the club will be perceived. The Impact name just does not do it for a lot of people.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't begrudge them for being good.

I just hate repeats unless its my team.
That’s kind of dumb. Why would you hate repeats? Don’t you want to see the best teams in final? You can say without any argument that Seattle has been the best team for the last 5ish years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad