MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
St. Louis City (or just City as they apparently want to be called) announced that they signed Lutz Pfannenstiel as sporting director. He served in the same role for Fortuna Düsseldorf this past year, and I believe is the first sporting director in the MLS hired directly from a big 5 league.

Others may know Pfannenstiel as the only player to have played as a pro in all 6 FIFA continental federations

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
St. Louis City (or just City as they apparently want to be called) announced that they signed Lutz Pfannenstiel as sporting director. He served in the same role for Fortuna Düsseldorf this past year, and I believe is the first sporting director in the MLS hired directly from a big 5 league.

Others may know Pfannenstiel as the only player to have played as a pro in all 6 FIFA continental federations
Fantastic move. Doesn’t even matter who they hired but getting a director in this early is brilliant. It gives him time to build an identity for the team.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
NEW YORK IS RED!!!
FB_IMG_1563182998278.jpg

Reactions: Basement Cat

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Again, I ask what part of Harrison, NJ is New York?
What part of East Rutherford, NJ (Home of the NEW YORK Jets and NEW YORK Giants) is New York?

Even better: What part of Hartford, CT is New York?

Enjoy paying a million bucks in rent to play at that shitty baseball stadium until the Yankees finally kick you out.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
What part of East Rutherford, NJ (Home of the NEW YORK Jets and NEW YORK Giants) is New York?

Even better: What part of Hartford, CT is New York?

Enjoy paying a million bucks in rent to play at that shitty baseball stadium until the Yankees finally kick you out.
You are right. Jets and Giants should be called New Jersey. Good call.

It isn't. Good thing NYCFC isn't playing there.

Yankees own part of NYCFC but they are gonna kick them out huh? Wild logic.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You are right. Jets and Giants should be called New Jersey. Good call.

It isn't. Good thing NYCFC isn't playing there.

Yankees own part of NYCFC but they are gonna kick them out huh? Wild logic.
They will be divesting of that sooner than you think. They want them out of Six Flags Over The Bronx as soon as possible, good luck getting a stadium built right now with NYC going straight down the toilet.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
They will be divesting of that sooner than you think. They want them out of Six Flags Over The Bronx as soon as possible, good luck getting a stadium built right now with NYC going straight down the toilet.
They want another tenant that is bringing in income when Yankees are away out. Good call, Bill Gates.

And clearly NYC will never economically recover. heck, if real estate value follows the trend right now might be the best time to buy lands.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They want another tenant that is bringing in income when Yankees are away out. Good call, Bill Gates.
Do you really think they give a shit about the revenue when it tears up the field? Imagine Arron Judge doing his cruciate on a divot and ruining his career, even with the insane rental price it's not worth the risk from their POV.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Do you really think they give a shit about the revenue when it tears up the field? Imagine Arron Judge doing his cruciate on a divot and ruining his career, even with the insane rental price it's not worth the risk from their POV.
Yea, no thats not why Aaron Judge is getting hurt.

Yankees didn't have NYCFC in the Bronx this season so far and they are still getting hurt. You gotta chill out with the obvious pseudoscience.

NYCFC ain't getting kicked out.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yea, no thats not why Aaron Judge is getting hurt.

Yankees didn't have NYCFC in the Bronx this season so far and they are still getting hurt. You gotta chill out with the obvious pseudoscience.

NYCFC ain't getting kicked out.
I don't even know how to respond to such poor reading comprehension. When I mentioned Judge I mentioned a HYPOTHETICAL situation where he got injured by a messed up field. I did not say it happened, I said that it COULD POTENTIALLY HAPPEN and that the Yankees (And their players, who are decidedly not fans of the soccer team playing there) are very aware of this which is why they want them out (the nosedive in interest in the team is also a considerable factor).

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I don't even know how to respond to such poor reading comprehension. When I mentioned Judge I mentioned a HYPOTHETICAL situation where he got injured by a messed up field. I did not say it happened, I said that it COULD POTENTIALLY HAPPEN and that the Yankees (And their players, who are decidedly not fans of the soccer team playing there) are very aware of this which is why they want them out (the nosedive in interest in the team is also a considerable factor).
So you are saying Yankees are so stupid that when they first partnered up with CFG for a team, they never considered this?

You know whats the bottom line for Yankees? Money.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So you are saying Yankees are so stupid that when they first partnered up with CFG for a team, they never considered this?

You know whats the bottom line for Yankees? Money.
They expected it to be temporary with a new stadium being approved and built in a few years. That didn't happen and won't anytime soon (which they could've asked any of us about and we could've told them how difficult getting a soccer stadium built in NYC is). I've already explained why they see the soccer team as a liability at this point so I won't repeat myself.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
They expected it to be temporary with a new stadium being approved and built in a few years. That didn't happen and won't anytime soon (which they could've asked any of us about and we could've told them how difficult getting a soccer stadium built in NYC is). I've already explained why they see the soccer team as a liability at this point so I won't repeat myself.
I can't imagine Yankees and CFG went in to this process without thinking this was even a remote possibility.

Maybe for Yankees players they are a liability but not for the organization being able to make money off Yankees being away.

But do tell, Mike Bloomberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad