MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Nani is looking great - silky smooth touch. I am happy that they ended up moving on to the final. Orlando vs Portland is not the final that any of us expected, but it certainly has potential for some fireworks with both teams' attacking bite.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
NYCFC and Toronto will play their “home” games at Red Bull Arena when the season resumes in a few weeks at the actual venues. Some teams will even allow limited fans as of now (Dallas and Salt Lake)

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
NYCFC and Toronto will play their “home” games at Red Bull Arena when the season resumes in a few weeks at the actual venues. Some teams will even allow limited fans as of now (Dallas and Salt Lake)
Some USL teams been allowing fans in for couple weeks now. Socially distancing of course.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
There were plenty of hiccups along the way but overall I think the tournament was a success.

The players bought in as seen in the celebrations of Portland and the mourning of Orlando's players.

Reactions: Basement Cat

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
There were plenty of hiccups along the way but overall I think the tournament was a success.

The players bought in as seen in the celebrations of Portland and the mourning of Orlando's players.
agreed - it went better than anyone could have imagined.

Tough one for Orlando tonight but they had some good results.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Certainly had my doubts that the tournament would work, but overall I think it was a big success and showed that bubbles work. Portland deserved to win it and Orlando looks like a completely new team under Pareja. The 5OT game kind of killed my hype for this game, but it was still fun.

Still don't think its a good idea for Dallas to be having fans in the stands

Reactions: robertmac43

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Saw Zuparic scored the winner, obviously its easier to bring in the South American talents but MLS should probably scout the EE leagues more, guys like Zuparic with no national team hopes, no hopes of playing in a top league (he was already a bust in Serie A) and potential to earn mid-six figures, most would jump on that opportunity

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Certainly had my doubts that the tournament would work, but overall I think it was a big success and showed that bubbles work. Portland deserved to win it and Orlando looks like a completely new team under Pareja. The 5OT game kind of killed my hype for this game, but it was still fun.

Still don't think its a good idea for Dallas to be having fans in the stands
When has Dallas had fans in the stands at any point in their history?

Reactions: kingsboy11

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Basically the same as Orlando's name, but it's probably one of the better templates that fits over here. Crest is top notch though, with the Arch, Mississippi river, and Missouri river. Color scheme could be really sharp on a jersey, if done right.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Basically the same as Orlando's name, but it's probably one of the better templates that fits over here. Crest is top notch though, with the Arch, Mississippi river, and Missouri river. Color scheme could be really sharp on a jersey, if done right.
I mean its just absurd at this point. You can't help but laugh at just how plastic all of this is.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad