MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Arena would be an excellent hire. Reminds me of the Galaxy's situation when he came in and completely turned the team around. Now that wouldn't fix all of the Revs problems, but it would certainly help the on-field product.
Bit late, but with new practice facility and Arena hire, are the Krafts beginning to care just a bit about the Revs?

If they won't build a stadium for them, at least get MBTA to run trains to Revs games.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Crazy ending to a crazy game between TFC and Atlanta, 2-2 going into stoppage time, Toronto gets a penalty in the last minute, Pozuelo pockets it. TFC concedes a stupid foul right before the end of the game, then on the ensuing free kick there's a handball given by VAR, which Martinez skied badly.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yes it’s happened often this season. And seemingly always late in games and at a heavy cost in terms of pts lost.

That's either their 9th or 10th of the season (I remember Steve Caldwell saying they had conceded their 8th against Atlanta, but I can't remember if it was the first one or the second). Such a huge problem.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Metro end up getting their least deserved win since the 2008 Western Conference Final vs Real Salt Lake on Friday vs the Fire. Fire deserved to win at least 3-0 and somehow lost 3-1 (the Kaku goal was one for the all time blooper reel).

Reactions: Basement Cat

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This Galaxy team really infuriates me sometimes. 3-0 loss to the smurfs last night and just horribly inconsistent.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
this isnt just an mls problem, but fifa really needs to crack down on the unbelievable petulance of soccer players. the amount of times players throw tantrums, tell the ref to f*** off, and throw their arms around is just ridiculous. telling the ref to f*** off should get you sent off.

Reactions: kingsboy11

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Can't say I've ever seen a goal scored off a throw in where the AR thought it was a corner only to have the main ref over rule him.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1563182998278.jpg

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
MLS rivalries are pretty lame for the most part

timbers-sounders and galaxy-quakes are the only true rivalries to me because there's actually history between the teams

nyrb-nyfc for example is basically just the fanbases going at it over who "owns new york." which is basically where the lafc-galaxy rivalry is at currently (although it definitely has the potential to become a real rivalry.) its pretty much just lafc fans claiming they're the real LA team because the galaxy play in carson

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
MLS rivalries are pretty lame for the most part

timbers-sounders and galaxy-quakes are the only true rivalries to me because there's actually history between the teams

nyrb-nyfc for example is basically just the fanbases going at it over who "owns new york." which is basically where the lafc-galaxy rivalry is at currently (although it definitely has the potential to become a real rivalry.) its pretty much just lafc fans claiming they're the real LA team because the galaxy play in carson

There were some Galaxy fans after our loss again against the Quakes that our true rivalry is with them rather than LAFC, but they were making it seem like our rivalry with them is like Liverpool-Everton. Yes we have a history with them, but its been really tame the past couple of years since Beckham retired. But it does bother me when LAFC fans say they are more "Los Angeles" than us even though its a 20 minute drive down 1 freeway to get to the other stadium. The league and these teams are still young. Plenty of time before these rivalries reach the level of the ones in Europe. Like you said the Timbers/Sounders goes all the way back the old NASL days in the 70s do that goes back a couple of generations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad