MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Anthony Hudson (Colorado Rapids) is the first manager fired this season, no surprise based on results + he had some weird comments this weekend about his own squad which probably didn’t go down well with the players

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not yet official but it appears Koch will already be sacked at Cincinnati. Two coaches gone already which is a rarity for MLS, somehow Freidel will stick around for a while, probably Kraft doesn’t even know who he is :D

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not yet official but it appears Koch will already be sacked at Cincinnati. Two coaches gone already which is a rarity for MLS, somehow Freidel will stick around for a while, probably Kraft doesn’t even know who he is :D
It’s official now. Surprising to say the least, Cincy is a team that is built very poorly. Their back line and their DMs are MLS quality. Not much else is though.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Two coaches gone already which is a rarity for MLS, somehow Freidel will stick around for a while, probably Kraft doesn’t even know who he is :D

Well so much for that, Friedel now gets the axe, two consecutive 5 goal losses was too much to ignore I guess :D

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Seattle signs both Joevin Jones and Xavier Arregas. This team now has defensive depth coming out the wazoo but no back up 10 and no real right sided players other than Leerdam and Morris if he can keep developing there. Also no real striker backup unless we want to bring on Bruin who definitely has his moments.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Also no real striker backup unless we want to bring on Bruin who definitely has his moments.

They'd be better off using Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez, the 17 year old striker from their academy. They signed him last week after he destroyed the Generation Adidas Cup in leading Seattle to the title in the harder of the two divisions that included some of the best academies in Europe. Thy were the first MLS academy to win that division. He scored 6 of their 8 goals during the tournament winning the Golden Boot, and assisted on the tournament winner in extra time. He also has 4 goals through 4 games at the CONCACAF sub17 Championship. Very prolific striker. Reminds me of Chicharito Hernandez.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
They'd be better off using Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez, the 17 year old striker from their academy. They signed him last week after he destroyed the Generation Adidas Cup in leading Seattle to the title in the harder of the two divisions that included some of the best academies in Europe. Thy were the first MLS academy to win that division. He scored 6 of their 8 goals during the tournament winning the Golden Boot, and assisted on the tournament winner in extra time. He also has 4 goals through 4 games at the CONCACAF sub17 Championship. Very prolific striker. Reminds me of Chicharito Hernandez.
I agree he’s a very good young player. I don’t think he’s quite ready yet though. Bruin does give us something different and if we need more speed we do have Morris who is probably one of the faster players. I just worry if Lodeiro gets hurt. Our next best option is Victor Rodriguez who is hurt a lot and is our best option out wide. I guess have JJ helps a bit there. Roldan can also play as a 10 but is much better as an 8. I think the plan though is to use JJ as a left mid. Arregas on the other hand is quite obviously a Chad Marshall replacement. I think next signing will be an Alonso replacement (Lagerway hinted at that in his press conference).

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Friedel and GM Mike Burns out in New England. Is that...is that Bruce Arena's music?

Arena would be an excellent hire. Reminds me of the Galaxy's situation when he came in and completely turned the team around. Now that wouldn't fix all of the Revs problems, but it would certainly help the on-field product.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the guy who missed the GW goal against belgium in the 2014 WC is now the MLS all time leading goal scorer

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
TFC makes me sad these days. Another forgettable day on the pitch and Pozuelo gets the red....

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
4 losses in a row for the Galaxy and latest one against the Crapids. Starting to get pissed off here. This team can posses the ball against anyone, but there's no killer instinct in this team past Zlatan.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
4 losses in a row for the Galaxy and latest one against the Crapids. Starting to get pissed off here. This team can posses the ball against anyone, but there's no killer instinct in this team past Zlatan.

yeah that was absolutely brutal. and to a team that had just lost 7 in a row

its not just that they rely too much on zlatan. they have zero depth aside from him and no one who is willing to step it up. no sense of urgency with this team. and with the way their schedule shapes up the playoffs are not looking likely for this team

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1558353947457.jpg

Reactions: Duke749

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Two MLS legends retired this week. Demarcus Beasley announced that this will be his last season while Chad Marshall (the best CB in MLS history) announced he is retiring now. Makes sense why Seattle signed Arreaga now.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Two MLS legends retired this week. Demarcus Beasley announced that this will be his last season while Chad Marshall (the best CB in MLS history) announced he is retiring now. Makes sense why Seattle signed Arreaga now.

beasley is still playing? holy crap i thought he retired a while ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad