MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
There were some Galaxy fans after our loss again against the Quakes that our true rivalry is with them rather than LAFC, but they were making it seem like our rivalry with them is like Liverpool-Everton. Yes we have a history with them, but its been really tame the past couple of years since Beckham retired. But it does bother me when LAFC fans say they are more "Los Angeles" than us even though its a 20 minute drive down 1 freeway to get to the other stadium. The league and these teams are still young. Plenty of time before these rivalries reach the level of the ones in Europe. Like you said the Timbers/Sounders goes all the way back the old NASL days in the 70s do that goes back a couple of generations.

yeah LAFC fans are such lames

the whole "carson galaxy" thing is so cringey. by their logic the clippers were the only true LA bball team during the 80s and 90s because they played in LA and not the lakers because they played in inglewood

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
MLS rivalries are pretty lame for the most part

timbers-sounders and galaxy-quakes are the only true rivalries to me because there's actually history between the teams

nyrb-nyfc for example is basically just the fanbases going at it over who "owns new york." which is basically where the lafc-galaxy rivalry is at currently (although it definitely has the potential to become a real rivalry.) its pretty much just lafc fans claiming they're the real LA team because the galaxy play in carson
Um, us and the DC Scum were probably the first real rivalry in the history of MLS. They are our real rivals.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
LAFC-LAG tonight

unfortunately by the way chivas 2.0 has been playing compared to how the galaxy have been playing i expect a blowout

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
LAFC-LAG tonight

unfortunately by the way chivas 2.0 has been playing compared to how the galaxy have been playing i expect a blowout

They've yet to beat us so far. Not saying we'll win, but if there's anything I've learned from the 3 games last year is that it never goes the way you'd expect.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
****ing Alvarez was a disaster of signing. Hasn't done **** since he got there and clearly wasn't up for this game. ****ing bull****

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What is the point of VAR if you're not going to use it? Vela looked like he was clearly offside on that last goal, but whatever. Massive win for this team and you better believe this team is LAFC's head. They clearly don't have an answer for us.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
What is the point of VAR if you're not going to use it? Vela looked like he was clearly offside on that last goal, but whatever. Massive win for this team and you better believe this team is LAFC's head. They clearly don't have an answer for us.
The game was almost over, with Galaxy assured victory.

Waste of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->