MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Zlatan is such a great character for the league and it's because he has no respect for it haha.

Amazing how he's still able to dominate.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Zlatan is such a great character for the league and it's because he has no respect for it haha.

Amazing how he's still able to dominate.
having watched him play in person with LAG he really is on another level from everyone else

it really just depends on how much effort he's willing to put in

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
lmao why do you care?
Since you only started following MLS in 2015 here's a history lesson: in 2008 we made the MLS Cup final that was played in LA. A bunch of ESC members traveled out there and LARS basically hosted us, took care of us and showed up to the match to root us on. Them and NE are by far the supporters we get along best with.

Reactions: kingsboy11

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Since you only started following MLS in 2015 here's a history lesson: in 2008 we made the MLS Cup final that was played in LA. A bunch of ESC members traveled out there and LARS basically hosted us, took care of us and showed up to the match to root us on. Them and NE are by far the supporters we get along best with.
Still doesn’t explain your intense hatred for LAFC.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I don’t know if a Galaxy fan is the best judge of a fan base..... both LA teams have awful fanbases.

And I'm not sure a San Jose guy is the best judge of a fan base either :laugh:. I mean honestly you ask around any fans of the league they'll tell you their rivals have the worst fanbase and their fans are the best. Orlando fans and Atlanta fan hate each other, the Cascadia teams, The NY teams and DC etc.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
And I'm not sure a San Jose guy is the best judge of a fan base either :laugh:. I mean honestly you ask around any fans of the league they'll tell you their rivals have the worst fanbase and their fans are the best. Orlando fans and Atlanta fan hate each other, the Cascadia teams, The NY teams and DC etc.
I’m talking about Galaxy/LAFC not Kings but now that you mention it :sarcasm: but yes agreed.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I mentioned San Jose because I was assuming you were a Quakes fan, but I wasn't sure. I don't exactly think highly of the San Jose Ultras either :laugh:
I’m actually a Sounders fan. I was a huge Clint Dempsey fan and him coming to Seattle just sealed it. Now I’m a huge Roldan/Morris fan :laugh:

Speaking of Roldan/Morris, expect them to have a big game tonight against Portland.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bryan Fernandez is a thug and should have been sent off. Clark bitches about everything. Savarese is an absolute joke. Seattle has no offensive depth. Lodeiro is the best AM in the MLS. Arreaga should take Torres spot in 11 sooner rather than later and Jones should take Shipp’s.

Bullshit game. Timbers are a bunch of thugs.

Last edited:

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Bryan Fernandez is a thug and should have been sent off. Clark *****es about everything. Savarese is an absolute joke. Seattle has no offensive depth. Lodeiro is the best AM in the MLS. Arreaga should take Torres spot in 11 sooner rather than later and Jones should take Shipp’s.
Gio= METRO LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Him and Petkie are the only two people ever given lifetime ESC membership.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He is at best a sideshow act.
If you knew anything about the guy you'd know he's actually among the most successful coaches in American pro soccer. Think he won 4 NASL titles, went to a championship game in a season where the Cosmos were saved at the last second and he had 3 weeks to assemble a team,won 3 times in the USOC vs MLS teams and last season took the Timbers to the MLS Cup final.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If you knew anything about the guy you'd know he's actually among the most successful coaches in American pro soccer. Think he won 4 NASL titles, went to a championship game in a season where the Cosmos were saved at the last second and he had 3 weeks to assemble a team,won 3 times in the USOC vs MLS teams and last season took the Timbers to the MLS Cup final.
I don’t care about his NASL titles and Caleb Porter (who has 2 wins in the past 17) took the Timbers to a final (and won) and the Timbers made Adi look like a legitimate MLS striker (1 goal in 11 games). I wouldn’t put too much on him taking them to the finals. His jumping around yelling at the refs and bitching about everything that doesn’t go their way is an absolute joke. He is at best a sideshow act.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
All Gio has ever done as a coach is win. You can not care all you want, facts are facts. I'd swap that idiot Armas out for Gio 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
All Gio has ever done as a coach is win. You can not care all you want, facts are facts. I'd swap that idiot Armas out for Gio 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.
I’d love that cause then we wouldn’t be having to deal with his antics as often. You know who else won everywhere? Sigi Schmid. Bruce Arena too to a lesser extent but I don’t think either of them can be seen bitching about everything and looking like their about to pop a blood vessel any time the ref calls a foul. His teams are absolutely amazing at wasting time and shithousery football. I mean the two best examples were where he changing a sub 3 times when the board was up or when he was complaining that the ref gave Fernandez a yellow when he clearly deserved a red for his lunging scissor kick on Kim Kee-Hee.

And you can’t even say anything about the derby getting to him because you look at the other side and Brian Schmetzer was perfectly calm even though his team was getting f***ed over by the refs letting the Timbers pull that shit all game.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I’d love that cause then we wouldn’t be having to deal with his antics as often. You know who else won everywhere? Sigi Schmid. Bruce Arena too to a lesser extent but I don’t think either of them can be seen *****ing about everything and looking like their about to pop a blood vessel any time the ref calls a foul. His teams are absolutely amazing at wasting time and ****housery football. I mean the two best examples were where he changing a sub 3 times when the board was up or when he was complaining that the ref gave Fernandez a yellow when he clearly deserved a red for his lunging scissor kick on Kim Kee-Hee.

And you can’t even say anything about the derby getting to him because you look at the other side and Brian Schmetzer was perfectly calm even though his team was getting ****ed over by the refs letting the Timbers pull that **** all game.
Somebody needs a hug.

Reactions: Viqsi

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Someone needs to fix the reffing in this league.

For the Sounders though, they need to bring in some depth up front. They have no one to bring in late game with Bruin injured and VRod always injured.
What, you don't think Atlanta being awarded a penalty every single match is on the level??? My favorite MLS reffing story was in the 2015 East Final we played vs NE. In the first leg at RBA Jermaine Jones committed a foul that was a complete no doubt about it straight red. IIRC I don't even think he got a yellow. NE won that game (that they should've had to play most of it a man down) 2-1 and we drew the away leg 1-1 (Henry's last pro game) in a game Jones should've been suspended for and were knocked out. Afterwards in an interview the ref actually said the league instructed them not to send off any of the DP's. Obviously the league had to do damage control and the guy walked it back big time. The league pretty much lucked out that they were below the radar at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad