MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Haslam and co. reach deal with Precourt to buy (technically purchase right to operate) Columbus Crew, in principle.

Crew are pretty much safe I have to imagine. Good for them.

And who knows, this ordeal might have been a jolt they needed to rally supporters, kinda like Predators after the whole Balsillie debacle.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
frustrated Toronto got Ciman.... oh well. will be less frustrating to lose to them.
Ciman is a terrible player now. In less than a year the Impact let him go, Belgium didn't take him, LAFC let him go and finally Dijon let him go. He is an error machine now.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ciman is a terrible player now. In less than a year the Impact let him go, Belgium didn't take him, LAFC let him go and finally Dijon let him go. He is an error machine now.
Everything you say is negative so I’m going to say you’re wrong until we see otherwise.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
How about the 4 teams that dumped him in the last 12 months? As an Impact fan I have seen him make mistakes game after game for years.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
How about the 4 teams that dumped him in the last 12 months? As an Impact fan I have seen him make mistakes game after game for years.
Are you sure you’re a fan of any team in the MLS? Cause it really doesn’t seem like it. I’ve never seen you say anything positive about the anything.

Reactions: varsaku

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Meh, Pouch does troll a lot. But he is right on Ciman, at best he is an average MLS CB now. He likely is commanding a much higher paycheck. If anything Montreal fans should like this as it makes Toronto no stronger imo. And how much wear he may get this year, there is a chance he isn’t even starting by year end.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Are you sure you’re a fan of any team in the MLS? Cause it really doesn’t seem like it. I’ve never seen you say anything positive about the anything.
Just look at the end of the previous thread...

And yeah at this point Ciman makes the team weaker.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Is Ali Curtis a good GM? He's rumoured to replace Bezbatchenko as the new TFC GM.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

:highclap:We did something right! And apparently Klein was pushing for Porter and Te Kloese backed out and went for GBS. Thank ****ing god. And if he can find a way to get rid of Gio I'll be over the moon.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is Ali Curtis a good GM? He's rumoured to replace Bezbatchenko as the new TFC GM.
Yes. He might do a tear down that the fans will hate but he makes good moves. Might wear out his welcome quick though. Rubs people the wrong way.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Yes. He might do a tear down that the fans will hate but he makes good moves. Might wear out his welcome quick though. Rubs people the wrong way.

A Brian Burke type? Not sure if they're in tear down mode yet. I think they will try to be win now mode to make up for last year and since it might be Giovinco's last year. But if he makes good moves maybe he can build teams both ways.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
A Brian Burke type? Not sure if they're in tear down mode yet. I think they will try to be win now mode to make up for last year and since it might be Giovinco's last year. But if he makes good moves maybe he can build teams both ways.
He is the one who set up RBNY into annual Supporters Shield candidates. He did it by firing a beloved manager and jettisoning some players and the fans were kicking and screaming because of it. They were throwing figurative tomatoes at him when he addressed the fans in public. But he set that foundation up.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Dwa-Y02UcAE2x1t.jpg

Austin is official.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That's a clean looking logo, they did a great job on it
...despite, of course, the intense irony of doing a "we're putting down roots" theme when they were trying to steal another city's team, and that team's supporters had just done a "Respect Your Roots" tifo not too long ago.

Out of context, tho, it admittedly looks decent.

Reactions: sabremike

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Precourt had that team for 5 years and the new owners get a stadium deal within weeks.
Yeah, imagine that. It's almost as tho the new ownership has actual plans to put down roots rather than just going through the motions 'till they can relocate the team. Go figure. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad