MLS 2016 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Im rooting hard for a Seattle vs. Toronto final. I think that will be a great showcase for the league. BMO Field will be packed, it is a beautiful stadium, and most importantly a GRASS field. Lodeiro/Morris/Alonso vs Giovinco/Jozy/Bradley can make for an entertaining spectacle.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Im rooting hard for a Seattle vs. Toronto final. I think that will be a great showcase for the league. BMO Field will be packed, it is a beautiful stadium, and most importantly a GRASS field. Lodeiro/Morris/Alonso vs Giovinco/Jozy/Bradley can make for an entertaining spectacle.

I agree with all of this except I really think if Seattle played Montreal at home they could sell out the football field if they were hosting the title game. That would be pretty cool.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Not MLS related, but perhaps not noteworthy enough to most to warrant a new thread, but NY Cosmos have announced they'll be ceasing all operations. If it's legit, this doesn't bode well for NASL.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Well, whoever takes over the Galaxy won't have the same freedom as Bruce Arena enjoyed...Peter Vajenas named GM. This makes sense given that he's been getting groomed for the job the past few years.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i go back and forth on if I want it to be GB3...I like what he's done in Columbus, but at the same time there have been many times younger, better talent was held behind a player he prefers, along with bad formations. Will be an interesting offseason considering Columbus has brought back 20 players from this past season already.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
MLS dreams for days of having the atmosphere they've had in Toronto and Montreal in the States

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If there is a single Canadian or American who says soccer is boring then beat him, show him this game and then beat him again.

Sometimes the passion overcomes skill when it comes to entertainment. This is as good as the top matches in Europe when it comes to entertainment.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I love that the pouring rain has not petered out the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad