MLS 2016 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Congrats Seattle! Wel deserved as they were the best team in the second half of the year (along with my NYRB)

Lookin. Forward to an exciting offseason

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Was pulling for TFC but I hope they get slapped with a fine or stadium ban for a game or two after the fans threw streamers, cans, and other stuff at any Seattle player that tried to take a corner.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Damn sucks for Toronto and their fans. Sounders have been the model expansion franchise though and Frei was a deserving MVP.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Hard to say that the better team won when Seattle didn't register a single shot on net. They won fair and square, no doubt, but they didn't impress me much.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I ****ing love it. The fact that they spend so much money on their team, get so close and lose. Hahahaha.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Good. Lose/lose as a Whitecaps fan, but we won't have to hear about it non-stop on TSN and Sportsnet, so this is a bit better.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Could've heard a pin drop after that last goal.

I've never witnessed anything like that before.

Congrats to Seattle, coming into enemy territory and walking out as champs.

Toronto just couldn't finish their chances, and it cost them in the end. Big time.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
That's the city of Toronto in sports for you...On the other hand Seatlle played well in defence and Frei the big save but they had 0 shot in 120min. It was a very poor game overall and a bad referee again not giving cards made the match even worst. Too much time between games also. After the big Semis this was a major letdown.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Could've heard a pin drop after that last goal.

I've never witnessed anything like that before.

Congrats to Seattle, coming into enemy territory and walking out as champs.

Toronto just couldn't finish their chances, and it cost them in the end. Big time.

Giovinco should have been subbed out earlier. He was not much of a factor late into the game since he probably started having cramping issues since then. It would have given ricketts more time create opportunities. I wish they add more subs for OT because the lack of it made OT really boring. Unfortunately, we lose yet again. I have never been a fan of the shootout in hockey and soccer. It also doesn't help that it has hurt me twice as a dual fan of RSL and TFC. Once in 2013 when RSL lost to SKC and now TFC to the Sounders. :(

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I've always said I will try and follow the MLS but always found it harder. Worth just watching games and seeing who I like?

I follow the Pittsburgh Riverhounds but, they're not becoming big time and time soon. It'd have to be an Eastern Conference team for me too due to time zones most likely.

So that leaves; Atlanta, Columbus, Chicago, NYFC (No way), NYRB (No way), Philadelphia (No way), Montreal, Toronto, Orlando and New England. I think that is everyone?

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I've always said I will try and follow the MLS but always found it harder. Worth just watching games and seeing who I like?

I follow the Pittsburgh Riverhounds but, they're not becoming big time and time soon. It'd have to be an Eastern Conference team for me too due to time zones most likely.

So that leaves; Atlanta, Columbus, Chicago, NYFC (No way), NYRB (No way), Philadelphia (No way), Montreal, Toronto, Orlando and New England. I think that is everyone?

If I were you, I'd pick Atlanta. They have a blank slate and look like they will have ownership that is willing to splash the cash. Their team should be a playoff contender on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->