MLS 2016 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Man, that's too bad. I did not watch the games much on TSN, but I liked having the option. You would think that some other network will pick up the games. I mean, there are so many dedicated sports channels that are presumably looking for content, so theoretically, it just a matter of agreeing to an adjusted price tag.

CBC did trademark Soccer night in Canada a few months ago. I don't if that means they want the CPL or MLS TV deal.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Are you serious CBC showing the CPL? Who will watch that? It's 99% certain it's for mls canadian teams and damn time because tsn-rds are terrible with pathetic commentators and very poor broadcasting. If it means no more boring Luke Willeman and Claudine Douville then nice.

Just to say it's looking like 60 000+ in Montreal anf 30 000+ in Toronto for the big 1/2. Not Bad!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Galaxy are going to look a lot different next year. Need to replace 2 DP slots and no more Dave Sarachan with a possibility of no Arena. First time in a while I don't know what to expect going forward.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
They will get a team, no way MLS will miss out on a market that NFL has left behind.

If the bid is solid I absolutely agree. St. Louis has been high up the MLS's wish list for years, and with the NFL now out of the picture St. Louis should be atop the MLS's list.

But a bid isn't the same as an announcement...there's plenty that could fall apart. I hope it doesn't, but the inability to get anyone on the same page in St. Louis is why there isn't a team there already...so we'll see how unified everything is.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Yes.

Not the first time, when Beckham and the Galaxy came to town a few years ago there was 60 000 and the following year in the Concacaf Champions there was 61 000 against Club America of Mexico

I remember the Club America game. I hope they do fill it up. It's just awesome to see so much local enthusiasm for an MLS club.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
There was 58 912 for the first game in MLS in 2012 then 60 860 for the game against the Galaxy and then 61 004 for the CCL Final. Tomorrow should be 60 000+ again with probably 3000 TFC fans.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
That's the new thing around here not just for the Impact, it's the same for hockey football concerts etc...Total crap for sure.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Well, the LA job likely just opened up. Does Sarachan get it? Onalfo? Or do they go outside the organization?

Sarachan already left, so I doubt it's him.

Really odd timing on his departure last week, given that the Arena to USMNT rumors were already at full speed when it was announced.

With the coaching staff in flux and two DP spots opening up...this just became a very interesting off-season for the Galaxy...for better or worse.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
71 617 for the Olympic Gold Medal Game in 1976 as well in that stadium! A record for a game in Canada.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Sarachan already left, so I doubt it's him.

Really odd timing on his departure last week, given that the Arena to USMNT rumors were already at full speed when it was announced.

With the coaching staff in flux and two DP spots opening up...this just became a very interesting off-season for the Galaxy...for better or worse.

Need to find a manager who can find players who can play with Dos Santos. It's somewhat exciting and rather terrifying to see where the club goes from here after years of success under Arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad