MLS 2016 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I assume MLS has the basic rules of extra time, no golden goal?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I hope TFC kills Seattle. Thankfully its in Toronto. If it was in Seattle then I think the Sounders would take it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone who uses Depeche Mode as their celebration music is fine by me

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Was at the game, in 313 in the south end bleachers.

****ing INSANE atmosphere, every goal felt like the whole structure was going to collapse. :laugh:

What a game. There were pockets where all you heard was that small section of Impact fans, but we sure didn't hear a word from them after Cheyrou notched that clutch goal!

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
MLS, IMO is also ahead of Scandinavia at this point. Be

really? lots of players every year from the danish and swedish leaguge go to strong leagues and play good, cant say the same thing about mls.

there is some big names in mls, but this players are on the decline...

and i have watch alot of mls and scandinavia, the passing and skills is little better in scandinavia (sweden, denmark).

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
really? lots of players every year from the danish and swedish leaguge go to strong leagues and play good, cant say the same thing about mls.

and i have watch alot of mls and scandinavia, the passing and skills is little better in scandinavia (sweden, denmark).

MLS players go to better leagues as well. Its not like the Qatari or Chinese league.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011

This is like saying the Mexican league is weak because they don't send many players abroad. For the most part the best Americans stay in MLS (or move back to MLS) because they are very well paid there. No one playing in Scandinavia is going to make 6.5 million dollars (CAD) like Mike Bradley or 8 million bucks (U.S.) like Clint Dempsey.

Also, Scandinavians have far lesser work permit issues and are a lot easier to scout by big European clubs than U.S. players.

They may or may not be better than Americans, but the fact that most of them stay in MLS rather than going to Europe isn't a meaningful indicator either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->