MLS 2016 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Jurgen!!! He already lives in the area...then he can bring in Bastian and replace an old slow midfielder with another! With Klose to replace Keane!

:D

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Jurgen!!! He already lives in the area...then he can bring in Bastian and replace an old slow midfielder with another! With Klose to replace Keane!

:D

There are few things that would make me convert to LAFC. This is one of those things.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
How long have they had to mark this field, and they only discover just before the game that the field markings are incorrect

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Well this is embarrassing. On the other hand it's very rare even for MLS. And there was once an endless delay in I think Turin because the goal collapsed prior to the CL game versus Dortmund, so not entirely unprecedented.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Very different a goal colapsing to marking the pitch with the wrong measurements, and they only discover it just before the players come out for the game

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Very different a goal colapsing to marking the pitch with the wrong measurements, and they only discover it just before the players come out for the game

It's definitely embarrassing. :laugh:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Ref missed some calls in the TFC/MTL game.

I believe in you, MacMath.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I can't help but suspect that the "delay" was intentional and a (successful) attempt by Montreal to throw TFC off their gameplan.

I mean, they had ample time to prepare for this game, they've painted those lines countless times, and you're telling me tonight of all nights, first leg of a semifinal, is the night where it all goes to ****?

I call shenanigans.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Fat out of shape lazy stupid referee once again. Entertaining game but the quality of play was very low at times and Montreal stopped playing way too early, could cost us the tie. Embarassing for sure for the lines!

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh

So close

Edit: Welp, game over. Good season Rapids

Last edited:

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Is it wrong that I was rooting against the Rapid just so the final wouldn't be held in a tiny stadium?

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
I dont think so. In addition to having a much bigger stadium/more fans, Seattle is just a more entertaining team to watch too.

That too. The home final is one of the greatest ideas MLS ever had, but unfortunately every year it seems like a tiny-stadium team ends up hosting it. Not this year finally. Apparently BMO field will have extra seating due to a CFL game, so there would be around 35K if Toronto makes it through.

I wonder what the biggest attendance at an MLS Cup was. The year New England hosted and made the final against LAG in like 2002?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad