OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I would love to go to this game. Make it happen Moderna and Pfizer! MLB is concerned too many balls will get lost in the cornfield so it won’t be the same field from the movie.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Metsies keeping Rojas around for next season.

I'm good with that. I had no major issues with him. He seemed well-liked by the players and generally competent, which I think is honestly a decent benchmark for managers these days. Don't need anything revolutionary, just a decent guy who can manage a bullpen and keep the guys in line.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Seems like a big move a new owner would make to make a big splash.

I can't see him as a Yankee. Guy hates the Yankees.

I think he ends up someplace weird like the Padres, Indians, Brewers, Angels, Cubs, or Cardinals.

But hot damn is he exactly what the Yankees need. From a division rival the ask is going to be astronomical. Think Garcia, Dominguez, Florial as a starting point and go from there. It's overpayment (IMO) but I think that'd be their ask.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

I'm good with that. I had no major issues with him. He seemed well-liked by the players and generally competent, which I think is honestly a decent benchmark for managers these days. Don't need anything revolutionary, just a decent guy who can manage a bullpen and keep the guys in line.

to me its kind of a non-issue until the new front office in place. i'd rather wait for whoever that is to put their staff in place, then have sandy do it and then hire the front office guys. rojas might not be the answer but I don't think he's a problem either as you transition to the new era

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
It would be foolish for the Rays to entertain the Yankees. The Yankees would be fools to entertain the Rays. Snell would be a gross overpayment for the Yankees, and anything either team does will be judged for a long time. It's not worth it. Yankees badly need starting pitching, but they can't be foolish.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

That's really what they need in a manager now a days. Also, it's insane to judge someone off of 60 games, so I'm glad he is back in the fold for this season. His relationship with most of the roster is very helpful. He knows these guys. It's part of what helped Collins in his years too, even when he didn't have the greatest teams.

With the expansion of their analytic team, hopefully we could see an boost in managing as well. I know most complain about it, but it can only help for the manager to have more info to make decisions off of. I don't think Sandy will do what BVW was doing and sending lineups down for the manager to use. I'm sure they will make suggestions, but the GM shouldn't be making the lineups. It explains why Cano was always hitting 3rd or 4th in Callaway's last season.

Reactions: nyr2k2

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

There goes one option for the rotation, and he went to the Braves too, which stings.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

There goes one option for the rotation, and he went to the Braves too, which stings.

Yup that hurts. He was probably #2 or 3 on our wish list.

We were going to anyways but now it will be with a sense of urgency but we will be going hard for Bauer and I'm pretty dang confident we will get him.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

This would be a very good signing. Solid guy that can pitch in the 7th or 8th innings. He's been a back end reliever for the Twins the last 3 years and has had success in that role.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

This would be a very good signing. Solid guy that can pitch in the 7th or 8th innings. He's been a back end reliever for the Twins the last 3 years and has had success in that role.

That's good.

Hopefully they can use Cohen Cash to make trash like Betances go away and bring in some more decent arms like this.

Deleted member 23124

That's good.

Hopefully they can use Cohen Cash to make trash like Betances go away and bring in some more decent arms like this.
Let's hope Diaz and Familia are gone as well.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Let's hope Diaz and Familia are gone as well.
Diaz looked better last year when they took him out of the closer role. His pure stuff is still too damn good. I wouldn't give up on him yet. I would trade him, if someone really wanted him, though.

Fam, he is what he is. I could live with keeping him. His stuff is still pretty good. Relievers are so up-and-down, he could just as easily be great again as bad again.

Betances' stuff never came back. I think he's done.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Diaz looked better last year when they took him out of the closer role. His pure stuff is still too damn good. I wouldn't give up on him yet. I would trade him, if someone really wanted him, though.

Fam, he is what he is. I could live with keeping him. His stuff is still pretty good. Relievers are so up-and-down, he could just as easily be great again as bad again.

Betances' stuff never came back. I think he's done.

Agreed...definitely keep Diaz as he was actually pretty good last year. Sure he wasn't one of the greatest years a closer has ever had 2018 Diaz but he certainly wasn't 2019 abomination Diaz his first year with the Mets.

He was somewhere in between and I'd say he was closer to 2018 Diaz the final month of this past season than at anytime as a Met.

He's a keeper no two ways about it as his stuff is just about as good as any reliever in baseball and frankly I wouldn't trade him at all.

Familia I'd probably keep as well but I don't feel as strongly about him as I do Diaz.

Betances? Who is Betances? Never heard of him...lol

Deleted member 23124

Agreed...definitely keep Diaz as he was actually pretty good last year. Sure he wasn't one of the greatest years a closer has ever had 2018 Diaz but he certainly wasn't 2019 abomination Diaz his first year with the Mets.

He was somewhere in between and I'd say he was closer to 2018 Diaz the final month of the season than at anytime as a Met.

He's a keeper no two ways about it as his stuff is just about as good as any reliever in baseball. Familia I'd probably keep as well but I don't feel as strongly about him as I do Diaz.
While I can live with Diaz, Benitez Jr. has to go.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
While I can live with Diaz, Benitez Jr. has to go.

As I said...I'd keep Familia as a depth arm as he does have pretty decent stuff. Now if May actually does come here that could indirectly help Famila as he could be put in much less volatile and important situations as say as a 6th inning type guy.

That said, if he was dealt or something, I'd not be crying at all about it.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Deleted member 23124

As I said...I'd keep Familia as a depth arm as he does have pretty decent stuff. Now if May actually does come here that could indirectly help Famila as he could be put in much less volatile and important situations as say as a 6th inning type guy.

That said, if he was dealt or something, I'd not be crying at all about it.
This is not good, Max....we're disagreeing a lot more lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad