OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Another dominant game for Cole...

I really hope the Yankees trade for Scherzer. They would be World Series favorites with Cole and Scherzer at the top of the rotation.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
This might be the quietest mellowest ho hum 7 game winning streak I can ever recall a Met team having. Pretty low key...only dramatic moments are walk off grounders to the pitching mound.

I'm not complaining but just stating the obvious. Usually when the Mets have long winning streaks we Met fans get so excited and ahead of ourselves. This time pretty understated and I kind of like it.

Reactions: nyr2k2

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
We're surprised James McCann has been bad? This is what he's been his entire career outside of the stretch where he had a .360 BABIP. He's a poor contact hitter with a bad eye that strikes out a ton and has adequate power (which has not shown this year).

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Yankees dealing with COVID-19 issues as seven members of traveling party test positive

There's absolutely no way this happens if all seven completed their vaccination series. I don't care what spin the Yankees put on it.

All of the Yankees team and staff got Johnson and Johnson. The J&J shot is only about 70% effective at preventing asymptomatic infection, but is much better at preventing symptomatic infection.

Say ~20-25 Yankees players and staff were exposed to the virus (and it could have been more), then if 7 of them came down with the virus as reported that's basically right in line with the efficiacy of the J&J vaccine that they took. And if only 1 of them came down with symptomatic infection as reported, then the J&J vaccine prevented at least 95% of the exposed people from having symptomatic infection. Seems very reasonable given the statistics of how well that particular vaccine performs.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I have a question on Mets tickets. I want to go to one of the games after they come back from their road trip. As of right now, only a few hundred tickets are available on Stubhub and nothing is available from their site directly.

Now, I've heard that on May 19th the Mets and Yankees are both increasing capacity from 20% to 100%. Once that happens, I assume many, many more seats will be available and there will also be some great deals to be had on secondary markets.

It sounds like I should be waiting until those additional seats become available to buy tickets then? Does anyone know when those tickets will go online? Seems crazy to add 80% capacity to games that are only a couple weeks away and all of those additional tickets aren't even available yet..

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
All of the Yankees team and staff got Johnson and Johnson. The J&J shot is only about 70% effective at preventing asymptomatic infection, but is much better at preventing symptomatic infection.

Say ~20-25 Yankees players and staff were exposed to the virus (and it could have been more), then if 7 of them came down with the virus as reported that's basically right in line with the efficiacy of the J&J vaccine that they took. And if only 1 of them came down with symptomatic infection as reported, then the J&J vaccine prevented at least 95% of the exposed people from having symptomatic infection. Seems very reasonable given the statistics of how well that particular vaccine performs.
Yeah, I suppose that's true. Lots more breakthrough potential with the J&J.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I have a question on Mets tickets. I want to go to one of the games after they come back from their road trip. As of right now, only a few hundred tickets are available on Stubhub and nothing is available from their site directly.

Now, I've heard that on May 19th the Mets and Yankees are both increasing capacity from 20% to 100%. Once that happens, I assume many, many more seats will be available and there will also be some great deals to be had on secondary markets.

It sounds like I should be waiting until those additional seats become available to buy tickets then? Does anyone know when those tickets will go online? Seems crazy to add 80% capacity to games that are only a couple weeks away and all of those additional tickets aren't even available yet..
As I understand it, once they go to 100% in July all plan holders get their tickets and they can go or resell their seats.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Imagine taking sports this seriously.

From what I understand:

The Padres fan came with his dad. But, the father was throw out for vaping.

Son proceeds to throw a expletive fueled temper tantrum. Rockies fan tells him to be quiet.

Video ensues.

Padres fan is then detained by police. Rockie fan, for some reason, doesn't press charges.

Padre fan is A-1 douche who should be in jail. But, lucked out with the Rockie fan showing mercy.

Reactions: Backstreets Back

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Clint Frazier has the IQ of a rock.How the hell do you get forced out there?Get your head outta your ass kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad