OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
McCann is just god awful. Has he had even one clutch hit all year? I'm the first to admit that I liked the signing and not going for Realumuto was the right move. Well I was wrong...dead wrong. He has absolutely no clue at the plate...zero...none...ugghhh!!!

Reactions: nyr2k2

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
Rojas putting in Barnes instead of Familia is a bone head decision. Now he comes in, gives up 4 runs in 2 ABs after being so hot, which I'm sure will weigh on him in future save situations. Should have just put him in to start with.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
McCann is just god awful. Has he had even one clutch hit all year? I'm the first to admit that I liked the signing and not going for Realumuto was the right move. Well I was wrong...dead wrong. He has absolutely no clue at the plate...zero...none...ugghhh!!!
Yeah I recognized that there was a chance he could be bad, reverting to what he was, but he has been worth -.5 fWAR through 26 games. So if he plays 100 games at this rate he's worth -2 fWAR which basically makes him the worst player in the majors. This, so far, has been beyond worst-case.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Who was available at catcher other than McCann and Realmuto? I feel like the Mets were afraid if they didn't sign a catcher right away they'd be left empty handed so they signed McCann. Were many teams even in on Realmuto and did the Mets even make an offer?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Who was available at catcher other than McCann and Realmuto? I feel like the Mets were afraid if they didn't sign a catcher right away they'd be left empty handed so they signed McCann. Were many teams even in on Realmuto and did the Mets even make an offer?
The best options behind Realmuto and McCann were probably Yadier, Zunino, and Wilson Ramos. So the guy we had, a guy who wasn't going to leave STL, and Zunino.

I've heard several things about Realmuto was not enthusiastic about signing with the Mets, but I don't know how accurate they were. Either way, he was in no rush to sign and the Mets wanted to get moving, so I get it.

Reactions: NYR94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad