OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
deGrom with zero command tonight yet grinds out 1 ER, 3H, 1 BB, 9K.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I've seen some terrible runs by Mets offenses in my life but a lot of those teams were batting guys like Eric Campbell, John Mayberry and Aaron Altherr.

Special shoutout to Keon Broxton.

This lineup should not be performing this miserably lmfao.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Late April and we're already having the "is it fair to boo Lindor so soon?" debates.

Love my team.

the fans are nuts.

For me, it’s too early for me to take baseball seriously with the Rangers deep into their shortened season and the temp still dropping into the 30s at night.

I did notice from a distance however, Mr Lindor supporting this colorful hair. Was thinking the last player who did this was OBJ and if your appearance is going to be loud you’re going to draw attention. And if you’re being paid a lot and with a loud appearance you had better perform b/c the audience won’t remain quiet.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm of the belief that just as in fantasy baseball, the same goes for real baseball that you can't truly evaluate your baseball team and players till the calendar gets to Memorial Day. That's the demarcation date for me.

Now that said as @NYSPORTS astutely stated, Lindor has put a target on his back both from his exuberant personality, flashy hair and simply his demeanor. Him signing a contract for almost $40 mill per adds extra juice and kind of makes it an exception to this rule of mine to wait till Memorial Day for true evaluation.

I say if he doesn't start hitting by Mothers Day which is only a little over a week from now, it's going to get really really ugly around these parts. He needs to make some adjustments. Eddie Perez on ESPN the other night in the first game of the Red Sox series showed a comparison picture of when Lindor was hitting good, his hands were higher and his bat more horizontal. His hands now look clearly lower and his bat less horizontal.

If Eddie Perez can see this why can't Chillie friggen Davis? Cohen and Sandy should hire Perez now that I think about it...lol

Reactions: romba and NYSPORTS

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Can’t believe I’ve heard muttering about saving a few mil by not having PBP travel with teams in the future. f***in joke. At away games I see the pitch result already and Michael Kay is saying ‘here’s the pitch...’ the ball is at times out of the park and Kay is saying ‘let’s see if it has enough’. At least delay the video feed by a second, it ruins the experience and reminds you they’re just as far away from the action as I am

also the radar gun sometimes shows pitch speed as the pitcher is in his windup lol

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
IMG_2888.JPG

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Time to make a move on Boone.Whatever hes trying,just isnt working anymore.Might be time to trade Judge too.Shake things up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad