OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Trade Judge and Sanchez in seperate deals
I'm all for it. Judge will never stay healthy for any length of time. Signing him to any kind of lucrative long term deal would be Stanton 2.0. Sanchez probably has very little value at this point. He's been garbage for a long time now.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I'm all for it. Judge will never stay healthy for any length of time. Signing him to any kind of lucrative long term deal would be Stanton 2.0. Sanchez probably has very little value at this point. He's been garbage for a long time now.

Should 100% trade Judge this winter, Gary will probably just be non-tendered if I had to guess.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Wade bunting foul out with 2 strikes is this Yankees season.

Once Torres' shot bounced out of play in the 9th I had no faith we could pull off the W. Yankees in extra innings are like the Rangers in OT, just not built for it and lol worthy at times

LeetchisGod

May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Wade bunting foul out with 2 strikes is this Yankees season.

Once Torres' shot bounced out of play in the 9th I had no faith we could pull off the W. Yankees in extra innings are like the Rangers in OT, just not built for it and lol worthy at times
This extra innings format requires situational hitting. Something that the Yankees are atrocious at.

Reactions: romba

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
This extra innings format requires situational hitting. Something that the Yankees are atrocious at.
It's sad, Yanks would do better without the guy on 2nd. The guy on 2nd just messes with their 'must hit homeruns' mentality and they're caught in between. And bunting completely ruins their mojo

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
The pitching has been outstanding too and they simply cannot hit. It is f***ing MADDENING.

Mets Pitching Staff:

WAR - 1st
ERA - 3rd
FIP - 1st

The difference in FIP from the Mets to the 2nd place team is the same size as the 2nd place team and the 12th place team.

Phillies scored two runs on a strikeout pitch lmfao.

Reactions: nyr2k2

LeetchisGod

May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Why are there a ton of Yankees fans here when the Yankees lose but there's no one when they win?
A win against a garbage Tigers team with Cole on the mound should be automatic. Doesn't move the needle for me. Get back to me when they beat a decent team. They are still overly reliant on the home run. That isn't going to get it done against quality pitching.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Stanton has been great recently. 3-5 today with a double, since the series with Cleveland he's 13/31 with two doubles and three home runs.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
A win against a garbage Tigers team with Cole on the mound should be automatic. Doesn't move the needle for me. Get back to me when they beat a decent team. They are still overly reliant on the home run. That isn't going to get it done against quality pitching.

Agree, but still nice to see these bums showing some life. Doesn't change much though.

Meanwhile Boston looks pretty damn scary again.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
They say you take on the personality of your manager eventually. Rojas had no fire and the Mets are a pretty meek team. I’d like to see him go at it with an ump or jaw with another manger. The Mets need a fire lit under them right now.

I need some Bobby V energy. Some Aaron Boone Savages in the box swag.

Managing is more than about line up cards and juggling the bullpen. It’s also about tone and Rojas has no fire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad