OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
It's a start but the quality of competition has been poor.

But this goes against the idea of the team being garbage that you would get from reading this thread.

Basically this thread's opinion of the Yankees needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt, isn't correct just because it's negative/cynical.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
But this goes against the idea of the team being garbage that you would get from reading this thread.

Basically this thread's opinion of the Yankees needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt, isn't correct just because it's negative/cynical.
You're reading way too much into the silence here after some nice games against weaker competition...

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
You're reading way too much into the silence here after some nice games against weaker competition...

It's not just that, I've been reading this thread since last season. The narrative that Brian Cashman is one of the worst GMs in baseball and has a lifetime contract, etc. has been said several times in here. It just annoys me because it's a distortion of reality.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Filthy from Kluber, he’s looking much better last few starts. 9-4 if they close this out vs Braves, Indians, Orioles and Tigers, good job getting the job done.

Reactions: New York City

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
It's not just that, I've been reading this thread since last season. The narrative that Brian Cashman is one of the worst GMs in baseball and has a lifetime contract, etc. has been said several times in here. It just annoys me because it's a distortion of reality.
What exactly is so great about Cashman? The team hasn't made the World Series in over a decade despite having one of the highest payrolls in baseball. The drafting has been poor. His starting pitching acquisitions have been poor. The hitting philosophy of the organization has failed miserably in the postseason.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
What exactly is so great about Cashman? The team hasn't made the World Series in over a decade despite having one of the highest payrolls in baseball. The drafting has been poor. His starting pitching acquisitions have been poor. The hitting philosophy of the organization has failed miserably in the postseason.

This team's coaching could be better. The Yankees should think seriously about not bringing him back after 2022 if the team doesn't do anything before then. But the current roster and core that has been around since 2017 is not bad and could easily win a World Series. The hate people have for him is very exaggerated.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
This team's coaching could be better. The Yankees should think seriously about not bringing him back after 2022 if the team doesn't do anything before then. But the current roster and core that has been around since 2017 is not bad and could easily win a World Series. The hate people have for him is very exaggerated.
Cashman hired the coach, who had no coaching experience at any level. Stupid decision.

Last edited:

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Cashman hired the coach, who had no coaching experience at any level. Stupid decision.

We've seen the flaws of Boone, and the Yankees should probably let him go after this season if they don't at least make the ALCS, but he's had two 100 win seasons. Something doesn't add up here.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Man Lindor is just fighting it right now. He's getting himself into good counts and getting his pitch, but he just can't barrel up to save his life.

Reactions: Bob Richards

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The only way for this to end is for Harper to put one out. :laugh:

Also f*** Rhesus being all angry and shit in the dugout, the replay is what it is, the ball didn't go out. No reason to get his panties in a bunch.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
That Met Phillie game was one of the most bizarro world baseball games I think I've ever seen....just wacko!.

If I'm Rojas, I never would have brought in Diaz in a non save situation. He blows chunks in those types. He should have kept May in who was dealing.

Anyways, we won and so enough of the Phillies already. Seems like we've played them a zillion times already...lol

Reactions: Hawkman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad