OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I am relieved the Mets didn’t get Bauer. I don’t want another TDA fiasco for one of my teams. The Mets have had enough contriversies lately. Get us a CF to complete the defensive transformation up the middle and keep some powder dry for any other unexpected opportunities that pop up.
Absolutely. Dodged a huge bullet. I’d rather have ordorizzi. We will have extra money to maybe get a CF AND won’t lose draft picks

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
It’s pretty clear he was using the Mets to get a better offer. Been saying it for months. But I never wanted him either. Springer i would have been ok with But not Bauer

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan
5m
Trevor Bauer's three-year deal with the Dodgers is for $102 million guaranteed -- and for $40 million in 2021 and $45 million in 2022. He can opt out after each year, meaning he'll make $40M if he opts out this year, $85M if he does so after 2022 and $102M if he stays all three.

Yeah right. Thankfully the Mets weren’t the choice although i still think it’s comical Aldersson didn’t have the guts to pull out.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Honestly I’m not upset at losing Bauer or even Springer. Although if we did sign Springer I would have been more onboard with it than signing Bauer. My biggest heartbreak is the Kelenic deal which I’m still throwing up when I think about it. Not only having Kelenic but not having Cano’s huge contract

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Well, now that this saga is over, the Mets can focus on building out the rest of the team. The bench needs some more juice. They need another outfielder, even if ends up being more of a corner OF that can play some CF. Would also like to see if they can find a guy that can play 2nd/3rd since the only option at the moment that can backup those spots is Guillorme.

Reactions: Ghost of jas

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Honestly I’m not upset at losing Bauer or even Springer. Although if we did sign Springer I would have been more onboard with it than signing Bauer. My biggest heartbreak is the Kelenic deal which I’m still throwing up when I think about it. Not only having Kelenic but not having Cano’s huge contract

anybody with a slight acumen, which eliminates everybody within the Mets last regime, wouldn’t have made that Kelenic deal.

When will MLB get their heads out of their @SS regarding the DH? Alonzo could be the DH with maybe Smith at 1st or, maybe they add Ozuna for DH. Still not much at 3rd but another bat can only help.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Honestly I’m thrilled. Use that money to fill in other holes. People also forget Syndergaard is coming back. We also got Carrasco and Stroman didnt pitch last year. Don’t sleep on Peterson who was impressive. Adding Ordorizzi would make for a very good deep rotation. Plus can’t still get maybe Turner and another bp arm. Sometimes the moves you don’t make are blessings

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Honestly I’m thrilled. Use that money to fill in other holes. People also forget Syndergaard is coming back. We also got Carrasco and Stroman didnt pitch last year. Don’t sleep on Peterson who was impressive. Adding Ordorizzi would make for a very good deep rotation. Plus can’t still get maybe Turner and another bp arm. Sometimes the moves you don’t make are blessings

Padres just a shot to the ribs with this Dodgers signing.

Mets need a big bat imo. A soft hitting Bradley is too little offense despite the defense imo.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Adding Bauer would undeniably have made the Mets a better team. Even if he pitched to a 4.00 ERA or something, he'd still almost certainly be an improvement over the combined effort of Peterson/Lucchesi/Thor when he's back.

I still don't care. LOL. He's a douche and I'm glad he's not on the team. :laugh:

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019

Mets need a big bat imo. A soft hitting Bradley is too little offense despite the defense imo

. I know many fans want Bryant but im not comfortable dealing more top prospects. Another good thing about not signing Bauer is that we don’t lose picks which we need to infuse more talent into the system after trading so much away. But it’s why the Kelenic trade really hurts now

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Adding Bauer would undeniably have made the Mets a better team. Even if he pitched to a 4.00 ERA or something, he'd still almost certainly be an improvement over the combined effort of Peterson/Lucchesi/Thor when he's back.

I still don't care. LOL. He's a douche and I'm glad he's not on the team. :laugh:
Honestly I was happier getting ordorizzi. Same age and similar career numbers and much cheaper so we can fill in other holes

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
. I know many fans want Bryant but im not comfortable dealing more top prospects. Another good thing about not signing Bauer is that we don’t lose picks which we need to infuse more talent into the system after trading so much away. But it’s why the Kelenic trade really hurts now

Bryant is on the back burner for me but he could be the target. They need 3rd base. I don’t see anything great in the Mets system like Kelenic. They already gutted most of it already.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Bryant is on the back burner for me but he could be the target. They need 3rd base. I don’t see anything great in the Mets system like Kelenic. They already gutted most of it already.
M
Alvarez,Mauricio, Allan, and Ginn are off limits. I do like Baty and PCA but not as touted as the top 4. If you completely gut everything and you don’t win you’re screwed for years

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Mets need a big bat imo. A soft hitting Bradley is too little offense despite the defense imo.

Bring in Kevin Pillar. Decent bat much better than Bradley's and he's a good CF.

If they haven't announced a DH yet for the NL, figure on it not happening. Besides it would be way way too "un Met like" if the DH was added seeing obviously we would benefit just about as much as anyone with the Smith/Alonso situation which wouldn't be a situation at all if we had the DL.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Alvarez,Mauricio, Allan, and Ginn are off limits. I do like Baty and PCA but not as touted as the top 4. If you completely gut everything and you don’t win you’re screwed for years

thanks for sharing. Honestly, after the Kelenic fiasco i didn’t bother checking the prospects anymore. Even looking back to the Rosario hype, his arm, speed, bat, etc, yet he clearly wasn’t close to being Reyes in any of his attributes.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Well as I said earlier today, after being talked out of Bauer last month by some of y'all, I did start to waver a bit this morning when it looked like we would get him. With the opt out after year 1, I figured, why not give it a shot.

That said and now that it's a non issue and Bauer is a Dodger, I feel kind of relieved that we aren't going in that direction. I agree with Odorizzi suggestion as he'd be nice filler until Noah came back hopefully healthy middle of the summer. I'd go for Paxton as well if need be.

It sux that we lost out on Hand to the Nationals but I wouldn't mind adding a Trevor Rosenthall to add some depth to the pen.

I'd also go for a Kevin Pillar to add to the OF as I just mentioned and to be honest, I think we'll be just fine with JD at 3rd and McNeil filling in there at different intervals. Our lineup is so loaded and the staff very solid and the pen looking fine that I'm pretty much ready to go to war with what we have as I think we'll do just fine.

Get Odorizzi, Rosenthall and Pillar and let's call it a day and get ready for ST in two weeks...:nod:

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Well as I said earlier today, after being talked out of Bauer last month by some of y'all, I did start to waver a bit this morning when it looked like we would get him. With the opt out after year 1, I figured, why not give it a shot.

sure, it’s news. It’s fun. Makes you want the season to start. Then the season does start and from May on you keep hearing about him opting out. Meanwhile, a player we never knew would become available is out there but we’re tied up.

(edit . . watch the Indians start off slow and by May 1st they look to move Ramirez as a salary dump)

more players will be available.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
thanks for sharing. Honestly, after the Kelenic fiasco i didn’t bother checking the prospects anymore. Even looking back to the Rosario hype, his arm, speed, bat, etc, yet he clearly wasn’t close to being Reyes in any of his attributes.
No problem. As awful as Brodie was he had two strong drafts. In 2019 we drafted Baty,Wolf, and Allan. Allan was rated anywhere from 10-13 in the draft but he fell to the third round only because he was asking fir a big signing bonus but Brodie and his staff set up the draft in a way where we could afford Allan and it was a major steal. In 2020 he used a similar strategy to draft Pete crow Armstrong, Jet ginn, and using Greene. Now we traded wolf and Greene in the lindor trade but they weren’t as highly rated as the others but I still liked them. I guess my point is that Sandy and Steve don’t want to destroy the rest of the farm so I doubt we will be trading anymore big prospects anytime soon

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
sure, it’s news. It’s fun. Makes you want the season to start. Then the season does start and from May on you keep hearing about him opting out. Meanwhile, a player we never knew would become available is out there but we’re tied up.

(edit . . watch the Indians start off slow and by May 1st they look to move Ramirez as a salary dump)

more players will be available.

Dang if Ramirez was available and we somehow acquired him...hmmmm. I need to not fantasize about what I'm thinking about how far the Mets could go as this is the Mets afterall...lol

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Jose Ramirez isn't a cap dump. He's only making 9 mill this season. Lose change for the value he provides.

12 mill in 22
14 mill in 23

They may look to move him in 23 as a pending UFA.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino