OT: MLB Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
He's finally showing what he can be and what we thought he could become.

He's going to get legit MVP votes too, he's been that good.

Give me the DH permanently too because I'm here for Alonso and Smith being around for a while.

Objective #1 and 2 in the offseason, get some damn pitching, starters and relief.

so true about the DH...its crazy how good dom has been this year. now hitting .331 and has 36 rbi in 37 games.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
btw Cy deGoat now leads the NL in era and Ks...greg maddux and randy johnson both won 4 straight cy young awards, those are the only 2 that have won 3 straight

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
this chart basically shows why his average is nearly 100 points higher than last year

Has to be an active strategy at this point and the results are not a coincidence. In comparison to the pull happy style today it's almost a throwback. D Wright, Joe Mauer come to mind

Reactions: Leetch3

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Has to be an active strategy at this point and the results are not a coincidence. In comparison to the pull happy style today it's almost a throwback. D Wright, Joe Mauer come to mind

I know that today's game is all about launch angles and home runs, but it completely baffles me that more guys, especially ones that aren't pure hr hitters, don't take this approach to spray the field to either beat the shift or to make it so they can't shift against you...people might say 'well the other team would be happy to give up a single the other way instead of a homer' but 1) as a team a bunch of singles still leads to runs and 2) as the individual player you bump your average from .275 to .325 and you will get PAID for it.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I know that today's game is all about launch angles and home runs, but it completely baffles me that more guys, especially ones that aren't pure hr hitters, don't take this approach to spray the field to either beat the shift or to make it so they can't shift against you...people might say 'well the other team would be happy to give up a single the other way instead of a homer' but 1) as a team a bunch of singles still leads to runs and 2) as the individual player you bump your average from .275 to .325 and you will get PAID for it.

that and the fact it seems like so many teams put suboptimal defensive OFs out there nightly. Just put the ball in play.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
btw Cy deGoat now leads the NL in era and Ks...greg maddux and randy johnson both won 4 straight cy young awards, those are the only 2 that have won 3 straight

Kershaw won 3 in 4 years. The time he didn't he was robbed of it by RA Dickey.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Ramos is so bad. How do you swing 2-0 after the guy has thrown what seems like 5 balls out of the zone in a row.

This position needs to be resolved and resolved quickly on this team for next season. Ramos needs to go

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
the mets scoring 18 runs in buffalo tonight is definitely more points than the jets will score in buffalo on sunday...

32 runs in 2 starts for degrom...i'm not sure they scored 90 for him all last year lol

Well you were right....18-17...lol

So Mets do their typical shit and lose 2 straight games after they scored the 18 and yet despite being 21-26, they are only 2 games out of the 8th and final playoff spot....what a joke!!

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Well you were right....18-17...lol

So Mets do their typical shit and lose 2 straight games after they scored the 18 and yet despite being 21-26, they are only 2 games out of the 8th and final playoff spot....what a joke!!
Not only that, the Mets scored 18 in a DeGrom start, and the game was also in Buffalo. It's a sign of the apocalypse!

Reactions: Maximus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille