OT: MLB Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
We gave Frazier a ton of crap last year,especially about his defense,but he should be the every day left fielder from here on.Hes been great on both sides of the ball and deserves it
He shouldve been the every day LFer since day 1. Gardner should only be here for late inning defense, pinch running, and occasional situational ABs such as bunting a guy over. He is overpaid as is, and if they had reduced him to that role he would really overpaid. Didnt think he should have been brought back for last season and certainly thought they shouldve moved on from him for this year. That money couldve been better spent on Blake Treinen. But here we are. It took an embarrassing, fireable losing streak by this team to magnify just how bad he is at this point in his career for Boone to finally admit he cant be the every day OFer. But of course he will still get Gardner starts when he shouldnt.

Just extremely frustrating they had blocked Frazier from the ML’s for so long. Couldve lived with the defensive woes last year while he learned and continued his development because his bat was ready. Heck we were willing to put Andujar in the OF which is a complete circus.

LF belongs to Frazier now and it should stay that way for awhile.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
First time in franchise history the Yankees have hit 5 HR in an inning.

No simpler way to say it: Jay's are getting ass-blasted this series.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
As fun as this streak has been, the Yankees are doing what they have usually done. Beat up on crappy pitching. The playoffs will be the real test.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Mets quietly in the playoff picture. Pretty amazing, considering how awful their pitching has been.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Are we seriously looking for reasons to complain during an 8 game winning streak?
Playing well in the regular season against the Jays and Orioles doesn't move the needle for me. Been there, done that. It's time for this team to win a title. The offense needs to prove that it can perform against quality pitching in the playoffs. I also need to see Judge and Stanton make it through the rest of season healthy. It's ridiculous how unlikely that is.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Mets quietly in the playoff picture. Pretty amazing, considering how awful their pitching has been.

Yup just 1.5 games out of the final WC spot. Ironically the bullpen has been saving our ass lately and so if we chalk up the deGrom and Lugo starts as on the fluky side, we might be OK and hang in there till the final day or two of season.

So we sit 23-27 with 10 games left.

We got 3 with the Braves which won't be easy obviously. Have to figure out a way to take 2 of 3 somehow someway

We got 3 with the Rays which also won't be easy. Have to figure out a way to take 2 of 3 here as well.

Than we finish with 4 vs the Nationals which on paper should be advantage Mets. We should be able to take 3 of 4 but than again this is the Mets we are talking about.

So if my math skills are working correctly, in a best case scenario Mets win 7 of their final 10 games that puts us at .500....30-30 which should be good enough to get in. Knowing the Mets tho, they'll need to beat the Nats last day of season to get into the dance and we'll lose cause that's just the way we roll.

On a related note, it will be very interesting to see what they do with the Cards who are on pace to play just 58 games. That might or might not work in their advantage. I'd hope MLB would figure out a way for them to play all 60 maybe play some extra doubleheaders to make it up. I dunno...we'll see.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yup just 1.5 games out of the final WC spot. Ironically the bullpen has been saving our ass lately and so if we chalk up the deGrom and Lugo starts as on the fluky side, we might be OK and hang in there till the final day or two of season.

So we sit 23-27 with 10 games left.

We got 3 with the Braves which won't be easy obviously. Have to figure out a way to take 2 of 3 somehow someway

We got 3 with the Rays which also won't be easy. Have to figure out a way to take 2 of 3 here as well.

Than we finish with 4 vs the Nationals which on paper should be advantage Mets. We should be able to take 3 of 4 but than again this is the Mets we are talking about.

So if my math skills are working correctly, in a best case scenario Mets win 7 of their final 10 games that puts us at .500....30-30 which should be good enough to get in. Knowing the Mets tho, they'll need to beat the Nats last day of season to get into the dance and we'll lose cause that's just the way we roll.

On a related note, it will be very interesting to see what they do with the Cards who are on pace to play just 58 games. That might or might not work in their advantage. I'd hope MLB would figure out a way for them to play all 60 maybe play some extra doubleheaders to make it up. I dunno...we'll see.
I think theyll need 30 or 31 wins. So it’s a real hill climb. But at least they’re making it a little interesting

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I’ll believe it when I see it. I thought the Cohen sale happened last winter. The we got Wilp-owned again. I’m paranoid because of these people.
Nah, you know the bureaucratic process takes forever, even if it's a "sure thing" from the start.

But yes, it ain't official until the ink is on the paper and ratified by the league/team.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I’ll believe it when I see it. I thought the Cohen sale happened last winter. The we got Wilp-owned again. I’m paranoid because of these people.

well, that was a preliminary feeler with the delusional Wilpon fam wanting to collect billions while dip shiat Jeff maintained control.

The paperwork was actually authorized here. Then again, MLB owners need to approve so i’m with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->