OT: MLB Thread Part XXI: Title Still TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Boone isn't delusional and isn't prone to hyperbole. That's something you don't have in common.

But we have the same experience coaching baseball prior to this season. If that doesn't bother you, I don't know what to say.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
But we have the same experience coaching baseball prior to this season. If that doesn't bother you, I don't know what to say.
The guy grew up in baseball.Hes forgotten more about the game then any of us will probably ever know.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The guy grew up in baseball.Hes forgotten more about the game then any of us will probably ever know.

So did literally thousands of former MLB players. That's not a qualification for being a manager.

Again, it's very simple: I wanted this team to hire a manager to be their manager. Sorry if that's hyperbole or whatever.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
So did literally thousands of former MLB players. That's not a qualification for being a manager.

Again, it's very simple: I wanted this team to hire a manager to be their manager. Sorry if that's hyperbole or whatever.
You can have Mickey callaway.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013

Hes a rookie manager,hes going to make mistakes.I'm not sure what else to say.

Reactions: darko

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Tony La Russa had 3 months coaching experience before getting his 1st managerial gig. 3 months.

Sure it bothers me but I'm not going to continuously bash him like you do.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Tony La Russa had 3 months coaching experience before getting his 1st managerial gig. 3 months.

Sure it bothers me but I'm not going to continuously bash him like you do.

Yes, for a rebuilding team.

He was 12 years in the first time he managed a team as good as the 2017 Yankees.

I'm going to bash him every time he does something f***ing insane. Sorry that's almost every night, not my fault.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If I do that, you'll take issue with that too.

You take issue with any criticism of this team.

You do realize that we have the 2nd best record in all of baseball? You do realize very good teams still lose at least 62 times a year?

We have our fair share of weaknesses, no one can deny that but you are acting like a child.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You do realize that we have the 2nd best record in all of baseball? You do realize very good teams still lose at least 62 times a year?

We have our fair share of weaknesses, no one can deny that but you are acting like a child.

We have our fair share of weaknesses and the biggest one is the manager. You just don't wanna see that.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Torres has been brutally bad. Yes he is a rookie, but this team is in a playoff race. These physical and mental mistakes need to stop.

Bench him and play Torreyes. Torres is too comfortable. BENCH HIM.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The problem is like 95% of your posts ITT are complaining about something, it gets tiring to read TBH. Also, I'll hear out legitimate criticisms but a lot of the time you are just complaining to complain.

No one likes their manager. No one credits the manager when things go good, only bad. The teams with old managers like Dusty Baker the criticism was always 'old fart dusty is a troglodyte'. Teams with young managers now apparently need someone with more experience.

Don't you frequently cite 'appeal to authority' as a bad argument? That's essentially what you're doing here. Your argument often circles back to lack of credentials rather than making an argument as to why particular decisions were/are bad.

Reactions: darko

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Torres has been brutally bad. Yes he is a rookie, but this team is in a playoff race. These physical and mental mistakes need to stop.

Bench him and play Torreyes. Torres is too comfortable. BENCH HIM.

Ah yes the 'too comfortable' angle.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The problem is like 95% of your posts ITT are complaining about something, it gets tiring to read TBH. Also, I'll hear out legitimate criticisms but a lot of the time you are just complaining to complain.

No one likes their manager. No one credits the manager when things go good, only bad. The teams with old managers like Dusty Baker the criticism was always 'old fart dusty is a troglodyte'. Teams with young managers now apparently need someone with more experience.

Don't you frequently cite 'appeal to authority' as a bad argument? That's essentially what you're doing here. Your argument often circles back to lack of credentials rather than making an argument as to why particular decisions were/are bad.

I've explained enough to write a novel why particular decisions are bad.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Normally I would in this case but Cashman hss brilliantly rebuilt the team. He is infallible in my eyes, but the manager isnt.

Don't complain because we have the second best record, unless you're complaining about the front office that built the second best team.

Solid logic ITT.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I've explained enough to write a novel why particular decisions are bad.

Idk I'll try to follow your logic more closely going forward. You seem to think the world is a perfect place and he should just yank and burn some of his pitchers the instant they face an ounce of adversity...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Idk I'll try to follow your logic more closely going forward. You seem to think the world is a perfect place and he should just yank and burn some of his pitchers the instant they face an ounce of adversity...

I seem to think don't bring AJ Cole into close games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad