OT: MLB Thread Part XXI: Title Still TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And yes, the front office deserves some flak for AJ Cole being an option.

But they tried to rectify that with Britton and he's been a disaster.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
And yes, the front office deserves some flak for AJ Cole being an option.

But they tried to rectify that with Britton and he's been a disaster.

The Mets blow and they needed some length out of the pen, Cole is that guy. Blame the ace in only going 4 innings too.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Britton threw ground balls tonight, just went to the right spots to be tough plays. I think he will be fine.

I think they should bench Torres for a couple of games. Let Torreyes get in there. If they are ok with rolling out guys like AJ Cole and Shane Robinson then they can be ok with benching Torres.

I would also call up McBroom. Send down Robinson. Call up Kahnle, send down Cole.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Britton as a Yankee has had the exact same issues as Britton as an Oriole this year and last year which is that his control has went from a strength to a major weakness. He's walked 13% of batters faced since last year. In his good years (2014-2016) he walked only 7% of them. His K rate is also down from 27% from 2014-2016 to 19% the last two years. Now all he does is get ground balls, which is good, but he also puts a lot of guys on base due to walks and BABIP from having a real high GB%.

Reactions: All Might

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Boone should give Torres the day off tomorrow.Hes really struggling.A day off to clear his head couldnt hurt.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That Chris Archer trade looked bad but now it's downright horrible. Tampa also received Shane Baz, 12th overall pick last season. Small sample size and all but Glasnow has looked fantastic so far. 3/20 BB/K rate in 12 innings. Thanks a lot Pittsburgh.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Pittsburgh has a nice Outfield with nowhere for Austin Meadows to play, although Dickerson and Marte are sneaky "old" at 29. You'd think they were more 25-26 age range based on when they emerged. So I don't mind giving him up for a controllable starter.

Not sold on Glasnow being an impact starter, think he'll move to full time reliever longer term. But adding a prospect like that guy who ended up being PTNBL probably stings.

All in all, I think they overpaid but I think people are also overreacting a tad.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Corey Oswalt is interesting. Average fastball, average slider, average change. He also posted decent numbers coming up and then was great last year in Bingo. Seems like he could be a good #5, innings-eater type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad