OT: MLB Thread Part XXI: Title Still TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That is just why replay is pathetic. It’s not in the spirit of the rule to call a guy out for a millisecond of popping off the bag and that is a terrible call anyway as there is no way to tell if he tagged him when he was off. These guys are so awful it’s a joke and they’re paid 6 figures with no college education to do an easy job. It’s really sad

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yes it does, theyll lose a year of control if they call him up.

----

Break for Yankees but Man that's a garbage rule that has to go, you keep the tag on and runner pops off the base for a millisecond.

Not in September when the rosters expand.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Yep,1 of them games.Bullpen is getting taxed because of another short outing by our starter.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Not in September when the rosters expand.

Service time confuses the hell out of me but after researching it a little more, they way I understand it is if they call him up in September, they'll have to wait until May-June 2019 to call him up vs only mid-end April if they don't call him up to avoid burning a year. As it's based on days in the bigs.

So it's pick your poison. People seem to think he won't be called up at this point.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Torres and Bird are black holes in this lineup. Black holes. Too many of our guys have gone into long slumps all year long. Lineup is never clicking on all cylinders. Have said it all season, Marcu Thames is a terrible hitting coach. Nothing ever changes when these guys are struggling. Same issues at the plate over and over again

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Service time confuses the hell out of me but after researching it a little more, they way I understand it is if they call him up in September, they'll have to wait until May-June 2019 to call him up vs only mid-end April if they don't call him up to avoid burning a year. As it's based on days in the bigs.

So it's pick your poison. People seem to think he won't be called up at this point.

It's 'days on ML roster in a season . They don't count after September 1st. Whether they call him up Sept 1st or not they'll have to wait til May next season.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Lol at people turning on Torres. He's a rookie. He's not used to the grind of long MLB season.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Why is Kahnle not back with this team? Still trying to understand how asinine Boone and management is. Holder? AJ Cole? Are you f***ing kidding me with these guys.

Just end the game now. Its over. Starts with Severino being completely useless yet again. This team is done this year. Not winning anything with Severino completely losing his ability to dominate.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yes it's clearly Boone's fault that Kahnle is in minors. You can't make this stuff up.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why is Kahnle not back with this team? Still trying to understand how asinine Boone and management is. Holder? AJ Cole? Are you ****ing kidding me with these guys.

Just end the game now. Its over. Starts with Severino being completely useless yet again. This team is done this year. Not winning anything with Severino completely losing his ability to dominate.

I can understand Holder because he started the year great but Boone loves Cole for no reason.

I can't stand coaches who love bad players for no reason other than they like to play with toys. Can't stand it in hockey, can't stand it in baseball.

Rangers finally got rid of AV and now he manages the Yankees.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
There is a reason why AJ Cole was so easily let go by the Nats. He sucks. Sucks. Boone let a couple clutch appearances and his stats in low leverage situations fool him.

Why have Kahnle up, that would only make too much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad