Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
What's more likely?

A bunch of trolls make up accounts to make family's in that town look bad for some reason? By extension it makes miller look bad but this is legit just a drop in the bucket as a PR hit for him. He's already looking terrible this doesn't do much.

Or

The cliquey family group of hockey parents are attempting to win some points for Miller since they feel he deserves another shot and they aren't concerned about the victim?

You can choose to believe whatever you want. Everything we know about the situation points to option B.

Pretty much how I feel about it

I think it can be a combination of both. Doesn't make it right either way.

The Bruins should have NEVER even thought to sign this kid. Let the other teams take this headache. It's not worth it.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Our superstar RW still remains unsigned, but management felt like it was important to spend time "learning" about Miller so they could sign him. Talk about some odd priorities.
This. This. This.

Isn't the first time Donny got caught with his pants down.

The fact that Pastrnak isn't number one priority and to add all this extra distraction to get it done.

Tone deaf and clueless. Right when the fanbase started to have less doubters after a dominant October.

Management is a joke.

The sooner we are done with them, the better

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
An endless conversation of this signing sucks

If the org comes out and says we hear everybody but we are committed to helping Miller he's staying with our Org etc etc, I think you'll have one last burst of hate and then it dies down while he's out of sight/out of mind.

Doesn't mean I agree with it but that's what I think would happen.

All this stuff from Bettman+NHLPA is keeping this situation new and fluid.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
So to summarize....

The fans don't want him here;
The players didn't want him here;
The Coach was not advised/asked; and
Sweeney didn't really want him but was overruled.

Which points to Cam and/or Charlie saying to sign him. If there is a "Behind the B" on this whole farce I'll be shocked, then again there is the Seguin trade video, so who knows...

They prolly figured there would be "some" blowback, but it could all be swept under the rug/forgotten about when Bergy hits 1000 in the next few games.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
So to summarize....

Which points to Cam and/or Charlie saying to sign him. If there is a "Behind the B" on this whole farce I'll be shocked, then again there is the Seguin trade video, so who knows...

They prolly figured there would be "some" blowback, but it could all be swept under the rug/forgotten about when Bergy hits 1000 in the next few games.
I'd imagine a real behind the B and the conversations that allowed this to happen would basically be their own character suicide.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I wonder if O2K will start losing clients over this now that it is clear they lied
Everyone involved that has been double downing on defending or white knighting this kid, wonder if any of them are questioning if they backed the wrong horse.

The situation is just getting uglier, and honestly leaves stain and bad taste in a season that has been up to this point pretty awesome and reinvigorating for many.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Keep the embarrassments coming. Cut Miller his 500k check to f*** off and leadership should consider resigning

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
For some reason I doubt it
You're probably right.

Everyone involved that has been double downing on defending or white knighting this kid, wonder if any of them are questioning if they backed the wrong horse.

The situation is just getting uglier, and honestly leaves stain and bad taste in a season that has been up to this point pretty awesome and reinvigorating for many.
The enablement and willingness to provide cover for him is just gross.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yep. Even some of the young kids...very young.
I have a friend who coaches softball/ baseball and he said some of the parents are the worst. They scream at their kids and other kids too. It is the same in all sports and I will say ballet too. My daughter danced for years and some of the ballet Moms were horrible.
So, has there been anything said by the parents of Mitch? I have to wonder how this kind of abuse went on for years. Where were the teachers/ parents/ adults?

It is a very sad story and pathetic. we all have to be better

Excellent question.

How about trying to put the kid in a different school? Hell, I'd have moved far away if need be.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So to summarize....

Sorry, but LOL on that one.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Excellent question.

How about trying to put the kid in a different school? Hell, I'd have moved far away if need be.
If you read the letter, it mentions how they reported the incidents to the school and then managed to get their child away from Miller for a few years. When he ended up going to the same school again, it continued. It wasn't until there was video that something was finally done.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What's more likely?

A bunch of trolls make up accounts to make family's in that town look bad for some reason? By extension it makes miller look bad but this is legit just a drop in the bucket as a PR hit for him. He's already looking terrible this doesn't do much.

Or

The cliquey family group of hockey parents are attempting to win some points for Miller since they feel he deserves another shot and they aren't concerned about the victim?

You can choose to believe whatever you want. Everything we know about the situation points to option B.

Pretty much how I feel about it

If you read the letter, it mentions how they reported the incidents to the school and then managed to get their child away from Miller for a few years. When he ended up going to the same school again, it continued. It wasn't until there was video that something was finally done.

So why did they put him in the same school again?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Since they made their bed with this, I really hope they have an extensive-ass plan to continue rehabilitating this kid if he's going to be in our system and going to our camps, if not playing in our games. Really hoping Sweeney doesn't just hope our locker room will magically change him alone.

He is not going to be in our system. He will be jettisoned, rightly so, soonest.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Ain't it always the way?

Reactions: caz16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Excellent question.

I know my parents would never have tolerated a situation like this for 7 minutes never mind 7 years. And I sure as hell wouldn't if I was a parent.

I feel so bad for Iziah, he was failed by everyone he should have been able to rely on for support and protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad