Management Mitchell Miller signing - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

I don’t get why that’s important, Bruins were the ones dumb enough to actually do it.

Jesus what a trainwreck this statement by the agent turned out to be.

And funny, one of the groups was run by someone from 02K that he supposedly helped out at.

Sounds similar to the school he supposedly helped out at that was run by his best friend mom.

The optics on those two things alone look terrible.

Nvm the rest of it

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I do blame them (whoever it was) for signing this kid. It is uncomfortable and should be. There is usually plenty of non-positive news (just listen to 98.5). He wasn't playing in the game last night, so I don't get why it needed to be discussed at that time.

He is not playing in Boston now. I doubt he ever will.

It is not the players or fan's fault this happened. It will be talked to death. Gameday is exactly that.
Plenty of other times to discuss this pathetic issue OVER and OVER.

I don't see how anyone thinks this issue is or will be ignored. Sports Radio will feed off it for weeks
I'll remember that if they ever talk about a prospect playing in the NCAA or the OHL during gameday, that you think it's inappropriate for them to do that.

It's the biggest story in hockey and the team is playing that night. To not talk about it is negligient, whether it hurts the feelings of some fans or not. It is absolutely appropriate to talk about it during game night. Not one single solitary person has said it's Bergeorn's fault or Zboril's fault or Lauko's fault. And whether personally have had enough of the issue isn't the point. It's news. It's their job to talk about it.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I am not saying to not talk about it (I assume you mean me).

I am saying I don't want to hear about it 24-7. There is only so much you can say. People are saying shit who are clueless. It is like beating a dead horse.

Some posters LOVE this (just like 98.5). Some here never have anything positive to say.

There are other stories about the Bs too.
Biggest story in hockey.
The day after it happened.
The first game that team played since it happened.
The first time a broadcast of that team happened.

And whether you personally have heard enough or not is irrelevant. There are questions that remain to be answered. There are new parts to the story that came out today (the community service stuff, the O'Ree stuff, the agent stuff, the other teams interested stuff).

I suggest you not tune in, read, or watch games over the next few days if finding out information about this is harmful.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I am not saying to not talk about it (I assume you mean me).

I am saying I don't want to hear about it 24-7. There is only so much you can say. People are saying shit who are clueless. It is like beating a dead horse.

Some posters LOVE this (just like 98.5). Some here never have anything positive to say.

There are other stories about the Bs too.

Amen to this.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I think the myth of the league knowing about this before hand has been proven false by the steadfast words of the NHLPA. It’s almost like the Bruins knew if they got his name on the contract first the NHLPA would fight like hell for him vs the leagues stance on him

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Biggest story in hockey.

And whether you personally have heard enough or not is irrelevant. There are questions that remain to be answered. There are new parts to the story that came out today (the community service stuff, the O'Ree stuff, the agent stuff, the other teams interested stuff).

I suggest you not tune in, read, or watch games over the next few days if finding out information about this is harmful.
What was the O'Ree stuff? I missed it.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Biggest story in hockey.

It’s like a little kid who plugs hears ears with his finger and says I can’t hear you……lalalalalala

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I never said it was harmful as I also want to understand why they signed him.

Rehashing the same info (or lack of) is of no value to anyone

Reactions: GordonHowe

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
That is odd. I wish we knew why he was signed. It still makes zero sense to me
Unless something else comes out, I see two answers. Either management wanted the player and assumed (poorly) that it would go over better, or, Sweeney is being honest with his (poorly judged) "everyone deserves an oppourtunity for a second chance" narrative.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
nobodys being a hypocrite. We stick to this topic. The Main Board for more general all in stuff.

Seems the topic should be
Unless something else comes out, I see two answers. Either management wanted the player and assumed (poorly) that it would go over better, or, Sweeney is being honest with his (poorly judged) "everyone deserves an oppourtunity for a second chance" narrative.

Like when the Oilers signed Evander Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad