Management Mitchell Miller signing - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Excellent question.

How about trying to put the kid in a different school? Hell, I'd have moved far away if need be.
So the kid being abused has be moved cause of the actions of others? or the inactions of others?

what is your response to the press release from organization that the agent said Miller had worked with but in fact had not. There is a pattern of lies following this guy around. Where is the line to say enough is enough?

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
So why did they put him in the same school again?

Money, or more importantly, the lack thereof. They likely had no choice. It's easy enough to say "move away", or "put them in private school" or "homeschool" them, but all of those have financial requirements that the parents may not have had vs. just sending him to Public School.

At best, what financially strapped parents can do is move them to another school within the town/cities school system, which tends to work ok for elementary grades, but by the time you get to High School (sooner in smaller towns) they're all lumped together.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I dont know where this is heading but I fail to see where the victim’s parents are at fault here.
It appears some are alluding to that.
So if anyone has something factual to share about that being their fault or not attempting to protect their child I suggest move on.
Or share.

I dont know where this is heading but I fail to see where the victim’s parents are at fault here.
So if anyone has something factual to share about that being their fault or not attempting to protect their child I suggest move on.
Or share.
People seem to lose their mind when they defend the laundry.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Money, or more importantly, the lack thereof. They likely had no choice. It's easy enough to say "move away", or "put them in private school" or "homeschool" them, but all of those have financial requirements that the parents may not have had vs. just sending him to Public School.

At best, what financially strapped parents can do is move them to another school within the town/cities school system, which tends to work ok for elementary grades, but by the time you get to High School (sooner in smaller towns) they're all lumped together.
Also, with disabilities, he's eligible for certain services at public school where he may not be anywhere else.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

My thought is that his agent is an idiot but I don't see why it should be held against him.

Meanwhile:

"Public records show a personal apology was read to both Meyer-Crothers and to school officials and the school board"

Thoughts?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I am off to do chores and shopping.

In the last 7 years (or so) people have fallen into mistreating others, name calling and just being horrible to each other. It is not getting better and as an older person I am horrified.

The bad behavior is "liked" and celebrated.

Everyone better get their act together and stop this. Do you really want your kids and grandkids to live in a time like this? If you see someone being mistreated step up to stop it. We all need to turn this around.

I cannot tell you how sad I am and how depressing I find this.

You have heard the phrase, "Nice guys finish last."

The late, great comedian Gary Shandling, a practitioner of Zen Buhddism,
saw things differently.

"Nice guys finish first.

"And if you don't understand that, you don't understand where the finish line is."

Reactions: Gee Wally

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If there's any truth to what's being reported via social media ... the bruins will be re-visiting/questioning the folk they entrusted in their due diligence process. If the reports are valid and false information was provided by (player/confidants/player representative) the bruins will do the right thing (have the right to) cancel the contract and most likely consider litigation against those parties.

Reactions: HustleB

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Or share.
There is a certain element trying to push the narrative that the parents are pushing the story for a payday without backing it up with any facts. There is a group of people pushing an agenda that the public humiliation MIller has suffered is enough others are saying it is just political correctness run amuck. Those groups, when asked what do they think about person who was abused, most just down play it and move on.

Being an Oiler fan, I can tell ya, our organization has a lot of skeletons in the closet that we would rather keep out of public view. Not everyone is happy having Kane in our line up.

I think cause you and I are a little older the some around here, we like asking questions and trying to get to the bottom of just what is going on.

Pro sports teams are under a microscope and both the NBA and NHL need to get a grip. Right now in the NBA there is a problem with certain players pushing a certain documentary. I watched it and wow--is it bad and full of BS. But not everyone involved in that debate have either watched the doc or read the book it is a based upon

The problem here is not just that Bruins signed Miller, there seems to be an effort from certain circles to down play and push under the carpet what he did and how long he did it for. When he was drafted I was called a snowflake for asking questions and I find most people who have no problem with the MIller signing have less interested in discussing what he did, That concerns me

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Not only did this guy NOT sincerely apologize or attempt to make amends, he and his camp are cooking up lies to feed to the media to make him look better? This POS is so stupid that he can't even PRETEND to be sorry and try make things right. Talk about born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

Trying to figure out why anyone in the Bruins FO would think this was a good idea is just making my brain hurt.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
quick question

As a Canadian living in the UK there are certain aspects of the US Education system that I do not know enough about.

Years ago, I moved for 8 months from Edmonton to Paris, Tennessee to help out of the family farm of my great uncle. (he could not afford to higher hands due to bad harvest the year before)--I did part of my grade 11 there and while one school was about 5 miles away, due to where the farm was, I had to attend a school 10 miles away. I was told that this was due to school boundaries.

I know in Canada it is easy to change schools but in some states I was told it is not that easy. Is that how it is still now?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
What do you mean ''laundry''?
Bruins fans with Mitchell. I wonder how everyone here felt with Mallioux, Kane....Virtianen. Huge outcry about second chances? Nah, they weren't signed by their team. This Mitchell signing seems to get worse by the minute with the way he was "vetted". You piss off O'Ree, the players, the fans....organizations shooting holes in the ridiculous agency press release..It's a cluster.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
My thought is that his agent is an idiot but I don't see why it should be held against him.

Meanwhile:

"Public records show a personal apology was read to both Meyer-Crothers and to school officials and the school board"

Thoughts?

Yea the same article from almost 2 years ago that you keep posting. Ive seen it don't worry.

Mitchell says multiple times in the article how it happened in 8th grade.

Again, the bullying and abuse happened before and after as well. This wasnt a one time incident.

So why should I believe anything else in this article?

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Or share.

I don't think many here understand how school districts work at times. Superintendents are hired and fired by parent volunteers . . .in other words, school boards. They have to dance when told to dance and walk a tightrope. Administrators too at times.

So take a powerful group of parents with power, money, influence, and a complete lack of decency. Even in a very liberal state where I work here in NY, as an advocate for students, I've had to take on forces far greater than me. Even with Union backing, I had to make a hard decision and leave a District - I couldn't look myself in the mirror or sleep. Might, money and parents with lawyers on retainer . . .they usually win. Ohio is a far cry from NY.

Documentation, words, hell even depositions sometimes don't mean anything.
Look at the Ahmaud Arbery case. Shot in broad daylight in the middle of the street. Those murderers walk without video.

That's what this case took. VIDEO!

This student probably received an array of needed services (OT, PT, speech, counseling, resource room, etc). They pulled their child for two years from a team of service providers who probably knew their son well . . .to keep him safe.

HEROES

Reactions: Alicat

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Meanwhile:

Thoughts?

again with this.
it was court ordered. The magistrate doubted the sincerity . His public service so far today reported turns out also court ordered.

By all accounts, all, he never reached out directly to the victim or family.
Hell even last week when he friggen knew he was getting signed he ‘ apologized’ via Instagram. Yep, the great interweb void.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
quick question

As a Canadian living in the UK there are certain aspects of the US Education system that I do not know enough about.

Years ago, I moved for 8 months from Edmonton to Paris, Tennessee to help out of the family farm of my great uncle. (he could not afford to higher hands due to bad harvest the year before)--I did part of my grade 11 there and while one school was about 5 miles away, due to where the farm was, I had to attend a school 10 miles away. I was told that this was due to school boundaries.

I know in Canada it is easy to change schools but in some states I was told it is not that easy. Is that how it is still now?

I live in Boston and we don't have neighborhood schools so kids are bused across the city to different schools. My understanding is that parents have to sign their kids up very early in life and submit a preference list and then pray they get the school they want. It is a giant mess.

For this reason and others I went to private/Catholic school my entire schooling until college and then went to state colleges.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Or share.

Absolutely blaming the victim is just wrong and in something like this noone looks good (even the victim.)

It sucks.

Sweeney and Neely hold two of the most prestigious and high profile jobs in the city yes they are private sector employees but they know from the 2015 draft that their screw ups are analyzed under a microscope. They screwed up.

The public onslaught on the perpetrator is pretty extreme I think everyone has to agree with that at the end of the day. There aren't many comparable situations people who get convicted of brutal murders don't face this type of scrutiny or attention.

For something he did years ago too.

I think the mob will win and hes going to lose this contract and be banned from the NHL for life. Maybe deservedly but still this is all just ugly.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad