Management Mitchell Miller signing - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Didn't he speak on this yesterday?

They clearly made a mistake. Find a way to get rid of this kid.

The problem now is, it looks like they can’t get rid of him.

They screwed this up good..

he was asked to speak to Canadian media in Toronto last night. He refused.

Left the players out to dry though.

Bergeron came back for peanuts for Donny and then he gets hung out to dry. I’m sure he’s thrilled about it..

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The problem now is, it looks like they can’t get rid of him.

They screwed this up good..

Bergeron came back for peanuts for Donny and then he gets hung out to dry. I’m sure he’s thrilled about it..

depending on how this ends up Id be surprised if he came back next year.

DS- Patrice what do you think about this?
PB - why? Doesnt fit our culture. Not liking this.
DS- Thanks for your input.

one week later they sign Miller.

when one’s opinion no longer have value, why stay?

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
he was asked to speak to Canadian media in Toronto last night. He refused.

Left the players out to dry though.
Yup, The signing was hideously bad, but the handing of this yesterday re-letting the players field the questions was just soooo wrong.
No one knows what has really gone on behind the scenes year to year and bad draft to bad draft, and there are those who say "they are poorly managing" vs "you win some, lose some", but this weekend the naysayers seem to have been proven right.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
depending on how this ends up Id be surprised if he came back next year.

DS- Patrice what do you think about this?
PB - why? Doesnt fit our culture. Not liking this.
DS- Thanks for your input.

one week later they sign Miller.

when one’s opinion no longer have value, why stay?

Bergeron gave Donny a get out of jail free card, signing for the bargain of the century..then he gets to deal with this.

Jamison

Mar 24, 2017
Unless something else comes out, I see two answers. Either management wanted the player and assumed (poorly) that it would go over better, or, Sweeney is being honest with his (poorly judged) "everyone deserves an oppourtunity for a second chance" narrative.
Or Sweeney's still trying to make up for his bad drafts.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
winning means everything.

seen it a million times when my kids played.
Especially AAU and High School.

Yea agreed. Basically goes back to what I was saying. We all know this family.

For my town growing up it was soccer, there was a clique group of parents that had all the pull, positions on local boards, etc. They circled the wagons and protected their own even when it came to some grey area mischief.

If your parents weren't part of the in-group, you never got the same benefits. Kids didn't get the right spots on the right team, etc

Or naybe I was just unlucky and it was just me experiencing it.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Totally. I bet you it's probably the victims mom spinning up these fake accounts to drum up sympathy.

Um no. But it's clearly trolls who want to spew this crap. Creating a twitter account as this situation happened and you're tweeting pro-Mitchell tweets? Yeah. Those ARE trolls looking for attention. Nobody sensible is making a new account this week to support that idiot.

I don't know why you keep insinuating things by my posts. But you need to stop. It's rather annoying. I think you seem to think I'm pro MM or a conspiracy theorist or something. Clearly I'm not.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
winning means everything.

seen it a million times when my kids played.
Especially AAU and High School.
Yep.

Even some of the young kids...very young.

I have a friend who coaches softball/ baseball and he said some of the parents are the worst. They scream at their kids and other kids too. It is the same in all sports and I will say ballet too. My daughter danced for years and some of the ballet Moms were horrible.

So, has there been anything said by the parents of Mitch? I have to wonder how this kind of abuse went on for years. Where were the teachers/ parents/ adults?

It is a very sad story and pathetic. we all have to be better

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Um no. But it's clearly trolls who want to spew this crap. Creating a twitter account as this situation happened and you're tweeting pro-Mitchell tweets? Yeah. Those ARE trolls looking for attention. Nobody sensible is making a new account this week to support that idiot.

I don't know why you keep insinuating things by my posts. But you need to stop. It's rather annoying. I think you seem to think I'm pro MM or a conspiracy theorist or something. Clearly I'm not.

What's more likely?

A bunch of trolls make up accounts to make family's in that town look bad for some reason? By extension it makes miller look bad but this is legit just a drop in the bucket as a PR hit for him. He's already looking terrible this doesn't do much.

Or

The cliquey family group of hockey parents are attempting to win some points for Miller since they feel he deserves another shot and they aren't concerned about the victim?

You can choose to believe whatever you want. Everything we know about the situation points to option B.

Pretty much how I feel about it

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I mean they've done some dumb things. They've traded Seguin for character issues and passed on guys like Barzal for character issues as well. So ya I guess it's surprising that they'd sign a kid with (checks notes) massive character issues.
I was referring to the incompetence of the front office in general.

I typically don’t care about character issues unless someone is has committed a pretty serious transgression. I certainly think this case is pretty serious.

I work in the construction industry where “character” isn’t always a consideration when it comes to employment, and I have met some ‘interesting’ people over the years. For example, I met a man once who spent the entire 1980s in prison. He was a very nice guy and quite pleasant to work with, but I never thought for one second that he had been locked up for an unpaid parking ticket. I have no idea what he did. I never asked and he never volunteered. Having said that - we do a pretty good job “policing” ourselves. Rats; worms; and abusers (ESPECIALLY abusers) are always found out, and very often encouraged to seek employment elsewhere. Those that don’t take the hint are politely reminded that the construction business can be quite dangerous and that accidents can and do happen. That usually does the trick.

If Bruins management refuses to release Miller, I have to believe that life for him might be quite difficult if his teammates in Providence or Boston don’t want him around (if he’s allowed to play at all). Being shunned by my teammates and a target for opponents wouldn’t appeal to me one bit. If I were Mitch Miller, I might think about a career change to something a little less in the public eye.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
I was referring to the incompetence of the front office in general.

I typically don’t care about character issues unless someone is has committed a pretty serious transgression. I certainly think this case is pretty serious.

I work in the construction industry where “character” isn’t always a consideration when it comes to employment, and I have met some ‘interesting’ people over the years. For example, I met a man once who spent the entire 1980s in prison. He was a very nice guy and quite pleasant to work with, but I never thought for one second that he had been locked up for an unpaid parking ticket. I have no idea what he did. I never asked and he never volunteered. Having said that - we do a pretty good job “policing” ourselves. Rats; worms; and abusers (ESPECIALLY abusers) are always found out, and very often encouraged to seek employment elsewhere. Those that don’t take the hint are politely reminded that the construction business can be quite dangerous and that accidents can and do happen. That usually does the trick.

If Bruins management refuses to release Miller, I have to believe that life for him might be quite difficult if his teammates in Providence or Boston don’t want him around (if he’s allowed to play at all). Being shunned by my teammates and a target for opponents wouldn’t appeal to me one bit. If I were Mitch Miller, I might think about a career change to something a little less in the public eye.
I believe this is his hockey future, in any league, on any team. (Unless he does some serious atoning).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad