Management Mitchell Miller signing - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Yea the same article from almost 2 years ago that you keep posting. Ive seen it don't worry.

Mitchell says multiple times in the article how it happened in 8th grade.

Again, the bullying and abuse happened before and after as well. This wasnt a one time incident.

So why should I believe anything else in this article?

You don't believe court records?

again with this.
it was court ordered. The magistrate doubted the sincerity . His public service so far today reported turns out also court ordered.

By all accounts, all, he never reached out directly to the victim or family.
Hell even last week when he friggen knew he was getting signed he ‘ apologized’ via Instagram. Yep, the great interweb void.
The court records literally show that he apologized in person.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
My thought is that his agent is an idiot but I don't see why it should be held against him.

Meanwhile:

"Public records show a personal apology was read to both Meyer-Crothers and to school officials and the school board"

Thoughts?

this is what I got out of that article

Miller faces a difficult road back to hockey. Before the NHL Draft, Elite Prospects reached out to several NHL sources and found that numerous teams had left Miller off their draft boards. Here is an excerpt from a piece written by J.D. Burke, the site’s editor, explaining why Miller was excluded: “There is a commonly held view among everyone within this segment of the league that Miller’s camp hasn’t been forthright in addressing their off-the-ice concerns, and when they have, that Miller has not interviewed well.”

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Yea the same article from almost 2 years ago that you keep posting. Ive seen it don't worry.

Mitchell says multiple times in the article how it happened in 8th grade.

Again, the bullying and abuse happened before and after as well. This wasnt a one time incident.

So why should I believe anything else in this article?
How long after the 8th grade did Miller carry on?
I read one account that said up to when Miller was 18 years old. I can't find the article though.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Miller faces a difficult road back to hockey. Before the NHL Draft, Elite Prospects reached out to several NHL sources and found that numerous teams had left Miller off their draft boards. Here is an excerpt from a piece written by J.D. Burke, the site’s editor, explaining why Miller was excluded: “There is a commonly held view among everyone within this segment of the league that Miller’s camp hasn’t been forthright in addressing their off-the-ice concerns, and when they have, that Miller has not interviewed well.”

"we put a plan together in place for his personal development, off-ice community service, diversity training, mental health stuff for himself personally, as far as people to talk to."

"I think anyone that actually knows Mitchell and actually got to experience him in his time here in Kearney — I’ve never heard anyone say anything but overly positive stuff. From the people in community outreach that he was involved in, his billet family, his teammates, his coaches, people that are a part of our support staff, our bus driver, our trainer, our media guy, everybody just has overwhelming positive things to say about their personal interaction with him."

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

he literally did not.

from the article and all articles “

Miller believes that he has taken several steps toward repaying his debt, beginning with when he apologized to Meyer-Crothers in the immediate aftermath of the incident. The apology was court-mandated, but it was a personal apology, and public records of Miller’s expulsion hearing and recommendation, obtained by azcoyotesinsider.com, show that the apology was read both to Meyer-Crothers, and to school officials and the school board. The apology was also sent to the Meyer-Crothers family.

Joni Meyer-Crothers, Isaiah’s mother, said no letter was ever read to Isaiah and that she did not receive the apology.”

the ’personal’ is in regard to a hand written note. He personally wrote it ffs.

no different than ‘Bart wont egg Skinners car’ a hundred times on a blackboard.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

If you show me the court records stating that the letter was read directly to the mother I'll take it seriously.

Otherwise this quote from the mother is what I choose to believe

"Mitchell had to do a court mandated letter, which as a juvenile, the family never gets the letter," Meyer-Crothers said. "But the magistrate when it happened, made it clear that he didn't feel Mitchell had any remorse either." Meyer-Crothers said another boy involved in the bullying came to their house to apologize, but Miller did not.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Blame the Bruins or blame Miller those interviews were 2 years ago and still Neely and co signed off.

I don't know how familiar you are with our legal or judicial system but showing remorse is something every lawyer advises against they all coach their clients to say nothing and deny deny deny. I assume his parents who bullied him and enabled this behavior did the same. But yeah contrition and admission of wrong doing is the worst thing an individual can do in our legal system. Social or personal relationships are different and saying you screwed up when you did goes a long way but this isn't that type of thing its a documented court case. He was probably coached to say nothing.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If there's any truth to what's being reported via social media ... the bruins will be re-visiting/questioning the folk they entrusted in their due diligence process. If the reports are valid and false information was provided by (player/confidants/player representative) the bruins will do the right thing (have the right to) cancel the contract and most likely consider litigation against those parties.
Wow I was right for once....

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
that was my guess and Dom's like of the post more or less confirms who I suspected. Person in question has also been passive-aggressively tweeting through this mocking people who are outraged at the signing. Always thought that guy came off like the opposite of the high-character Bruins culture that Bergeron described to the media yesterday. It is an incredible indictment of Neely and Sweeney that they not only promoted the guy but are taking his advice on a move like this against the overwhelming pile of reasons to walk away.

As a Bruins fan this has really shown me that the organization needs to do some serious house-cleaning in the front office.

Name. Name. Give me a name.

But I know that's not how it works.

Maddening, but ultimately irrelevant.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So the kid being abused has be moved cause of the actions of others? or the inactions of others?

what is your response to the press release from organization that the agent said Miller had worked with but in fact had not. There is a pattern of lies following this guy around. Where is the line to say enough is enough?

If it was the only way to protect my kid you bet I would move him. Whether I should have to or not is not the point. IMO one of the primary duties of parents is to protect their children from known harm. Once it became obvious what was being done to Iziah & that no help would be forthcoming from the school he should have immediately been removed from further danger. Period.

By no means am I excusing Miller, his parents or school administrators. The Millers clearly failed to raise their son to be a decent human being (In all likelihood he gets his racism & bullying from them, he wasn't born with these traits, no one is. This shit is learned behavior. And if he didn't get it from them then at the very least they failed to put a stop to it once these traits became obvious instead of enabling it. Either way IMO they are definitely as responsible as their son for what was done to Iziah). The school administration failed to protect a disabled child from this predatory asshole despite several reports of what was happening. It was a choice on their part & they need to face serious consequences for it.

The only person in this situation I have sympathy & compassion for is Iziah. He was failed by the very people who were supposed to support and protect him. I don't know what the future holds in store for him after having to endure so much cruelty in the past. I'll keep him in my prayers.

This is my final post on the matter. Frankly I have been too angry to discuss it sooner, I didn't want to post anything in the heat of the moment as that is always a mistake. After calming down somewhat I wrote this & another post in this thread but now I'm angry all over again.

No offense to you @Jumptheshark or to anyone else on the board.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Blame the Bruins or blame Miller those interviews were 2 years ago and still Neely and co signed off.

I don't know how familiar you are with our legal or judicial system but showing remorse is something every lawyer advises against they all coach their clients to say nothing and deny deny deny. I assume his parents who bullied him and enabled this behavior did the same. But yeah contrition and admission of wrong doing is the worst thing an individual can do in our legal system. Social or personal relationships are different and saying you screwed up when you did goes a long way but this isn't that type of thing its a documented court case. He was probably coached to say nothing.
Your innocent victim just got cut for lying about it being one incident

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
How long after the 8th grade did Miller carry on?
I read one account that said up to when Miller was 18 years old. I can't find the article though.

there was a report I read also where even though they were in separate schools, high schools, theyvwere at a tootball game I believe.
Allegedly, by many, Miller saw him in the crowd and started abusing him. Other Seniors interrupted it and told him to gtfo of there.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Reactions: old blue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad