Mitch Marner vs Brock Boeser

Marner or Boeser

• Total voters

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
considering you're the guy who lied about how leafs fans feel about Gardiner to fit your agenda I'd say yes there's some hypocrisy here
You're going to have to do better than that.

Also, I didn't lie :laugh: Leafs fans just figured out he wasn't good after the playoffs. Mid-season he was raved about on the Leafs board

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Embarrassing. Only on Hf is scoring 34 goals missing 1/4 of the season regressing. Then he hasa poor playoff after a dominant one the year before and suddenly that's his norm. He is 20. If you think he should be the best player in the game at 20 you have higher expectations than Leaf fans.
It's funny that some fans can call Boeser a 30 goal scorer since he didn't even reach that number, however those same people like to bash Matthews for not being a 70 point player, since he ended up with 69 points in his rookie season.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
It's funny that some fans can call Boeser a 30 goal scorer since he didn't even reach that number, however those same people like to bash Matthews for not being a 70 point player, since he ended up with 69 points in his rookie season.

I don't even care about that. If they want to pace Boeser then pace Matthews, who was injured a lot of the year.

Hint: He was pace for 44 goals and PPG + as a sophomore center, who at 20 would have back to back 40 goal seasons. Go ahead and find the last player to do that, then understand why Leaf fans are excited about this guy. 7 playoff games mean nothing at this point.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don't even care about that. If they want to pace Boeser then pace Matthews, who was injured a lot of the year.

Hint: He was pace for 44 goals and PPG + as a sophomore center, who at 20 would have back to back 40 goal seasons. Go ahead and find the last player to do that, then understand why Leaf fans are excited about this guy. 7 playoff games mean nothing at this point.
I honestly think it would be hard to find the last player to do that. Plus let's remember in Laine's rookie season a lot of Jets fans and his fans in Finland used that same logic that he was on pace for if he never got injured. However when Leafs fans said the same thing about Matthews being on pace for 44 goals and a PPG, we were told to dismiss that. Basically I have come to the conclusion that there is a different set of rules for Leafs fans and their players, compared to fans and players of other teams.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
I honestly think it would be hard to find the last player to do that. Plus let's remember in Laine's rookie season a lot of Jets fans and his fans in Finland used that same logic that he was on pace for if he never got injured. However when Leafs fans said the same thing about Matthews being on pace for 44 goals and a PPG, we were told to dismiss that. Basically I have come to the conclusion that there is a different set of rules for Leafs fans and their players, compared to fans and players of other teams.

I think you would find that many of the worst Leaf fans also dismissed Laine's "pace" when Matthews played all 82.

There is tons of Leaf hate on these boards, but that's a terrible example.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I think you would find that many of the worst Leaf fans also dismissed Laine's "pace" when Matthews played all 82.

There is tons of Leaf hate on these boards, but that's a terrible example.
If any Leafs fans said that it was because Laine's fans said if he was never hurt, Laine would have won the Calder instead of Matthews. So I think them bringing up Laine's goals he was on pace for and PPG was to discredit what Matthews did in his rookie season.

beoser

May 30, 2018

Just get out of here, Boeser played, what, 65 games?He surely would have hit 30 and perhaps maybe scored more then your 'generational' playoff ghost did in his rookie season.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Just get out of here, Boeser played, what, 65 games?He surely would have hit 30 and perhaps maybe scored more then your 'generational' playoff ghost did in his rookie season.

He wasn't a playoff ghost in his rookie season-and we'll never know will we.
Can I pace AM34 to 44g too?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You do remember that in Matthews rookie season in 6 playoff games he scored 4 goals and 1 assist, so he was certainly not a ghost.

Now this past season if Matthews does not miss 20 games due to injury he gets at least more than 40+ goals, considering he was on a 44 goal pace and finished with 34 goals in his second season.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I love this thread. Classic leafs haters out In full force.

Boeser, who's never scored 30 goals, is a better goal scorer than AM34, proven 40 goal scorer.

"But AM had a bad playoff!"
So why is he better than Marner who had a fantastic playoff?

Boeser would be the fourth best leaf, if he even made the team this season. He might not of due to Babs.

beoser

May 30, 2018
I love this thread. Classic leafs haters out In full force.

Boeser, who's never scored 30 goals, is a better goal scorer than AM34, proven 40 goal scorer.

"But AM had a bad playoff!"
So why is he better than Marner who had a fantastic playoff?

Boeser would be the fourth best leaf, if he even made the team this season. He might not of due to Babs.

Proof you don't watch Boeser. Sorry the universe doesn't revolve around your playoff chokers. Boeser would be better then anyone outside of Matthews. SO take off those blue tinted glasses and give your delusional head a shake.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Proof you don't watch Boeser. Sorry the universe doesn't revolve around your playoff chokers. Boeser would be better then anyone outside of Matthews. SO take off those blue tinted glasses and give your delusional head a shake.
doesn't revolve around your chokers either. Love it when fans of a cupless franchise that's currently in the basement of the league is trying to talk shit

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
As opposed to the Leafs' illustrious playoff record over the past 40 years ...

Can't win unless there's 6 teams and has access to all the best english-speaking talent in the league and, even then, still outdone by Montreal.

Reactions: nucks88 and beoser

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
I think it's a preconceived notion that small guys can't be good defensively. Also think that Marner is thought of as being a lot smaller than he is, seems like he gets lumped in with Gaudreau where he's actually very close to NHL average height

Totally agree. Skill players, especially young guys, I think people assume they're crap defensively until proven otherwise. I also think Marner's babyface makes people assume he's tiny. He looks like he's everyone's shy nephew.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad