Mitch Marner vs Brock Boeser

Marner or Boeser

• Total voters

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Marner. We're gonna be seeing a significant regression from Boeser this year - count on it.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Itll be close, but i think marner will be better, who i would rather have on the hawks is a much more interesting question

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
I think their strengths kind of even eachother out, Boeser is clearly the better goal scorer and more physical/defensive player, but Marner is the better playmaker and skater. Both incredibly valuable young players though.

Reactions: DirtDiver

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Very different players, hard to compare. If you are looking for goals and physical play Boeser is your man. If you want playmaking and hockey sense Marner is for you.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I think their strengths kind of even eachother out, Boeser is clearly the better goal scorer and more physical/defensive player, but Marner is the better playmaker and skater. Both incredibly valuable young players though.

In what way is Boeser better defensively?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Boeser is a damn good defensive player, and his shot is one of the best in the entire NHL.

Marner is talented beyond words, but I still go brock with this one.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'd go with Brock just because his blend of skills will make him a more valuable player I think. The kid is a beast. Marner has a different skillset but I'd rather build around Boeser.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Close but Marner. These guys would be perfect linemates, playmaker with a sniper.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Voted Marner but Boeser takes my vote if he does this again next year.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Marner is really shifty but is also very light, so as far as I've seen he doesn't win many board or physical battles because of this. Boeser's size gives him the edge here.
There's a lot more to defense than physical battles. Boeser isn't great at them either honestly

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Ill literally bet you $100 he won't, screenshot this and end of next season well see who wins.

I realize who you're replying to, and not defending his hot takes.

I'm curious about the bet you're offering though. Are you betting him $100 that Boeser will score at LEAST 38g and 73pts? I might have done the math wrong, but isn't that what he was pacing for? So no regression meaning he will do it for the full year?
Anyway, great young talent. Trying to decide between keeping him or Matt Tkachuk in my pool :)

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's

Marner is in now way poor defensively. Are you just equating physical play to defence?

Other than that, your assessment seems accurate. Two great players.

Boeser
-goal scoring
-physical

Marner
-playmaking/vision
-skating

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Marners quite impressive in his own right, but boeser scores more goals which I value over assists and he has the edge in physicality and defensive play.

Also marners punchable face makes this decision that much easier

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Should be pretty close. Boeser more goals Marner more assists. I’ll homer vote Marner but wouldn’t be surprised either way.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Marners quite impressive in his own right, but boeser scores more goals which I value over assists and he has the edge in physicality and defensive play.

Also marners punchable face makes this decision that much easier
Boeser bleeds chances against, he’s not at all good defensively by most metrics. The sedins blew him out of the water last year. For example, Boeser 2.51 xga/60 while the twins had 2.22 and 2.21. Is marner awesome defensively? No not really. But I’m not convinced Boeser is better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad