Mitch Marner vs Brock Boeser

Marner or Boeser

• Total voters

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Pretty much a toss up right here. Both players bring something a little different, comes down to preference.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I think I'd rather have Boeser for my team, but Marner is probably marginally better.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Because he wasn't the better player the numbers back that up
Before his injury, Boeser was on pace for a 72 point/38 goal season playing on one of the worst teams in the NHL (where he was missing his #1C for a good chunk of the year). Not sure how Marner's season somehow trumps that level of production, especially given the context.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Before his injury, Boeser was on pace for a 72 point/38 goal season playing on one of the worst teams in the NHL (where he was missing his #1C for a good chunk of the year). Not sure how Marner's season somehow trumps that level of production, especially given the context.
Marner also has the playoff experience which will make him a better player going forward into the future.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

But he only got 55 points Marner got 69. You don't get to discount his injury if you did then Matthews was on pace for 45 goals 85 points but he didn't get there so he's not that, I think he will be but not yet

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
But he only got 55 points Marner got 69. You don't get to discount his injury if you did then Matthews was on pace for 45 goals 85 points but he didn't get there so he's not that, I think he will be but not yet
Exactly. If other people like to point out numbers when comparing players they don't mind saying Matthews has never had 30 assists or 70+ points, the fact is Boeser has not yet got 30 goals or 60+ points.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The poll fluctuates quite often because of how close the results are and a poll does not determine who is better. Skills do and marner has more skills.

Maybe. It's hard to compare a pure goalscorer with a playmaker though. They both are valued differently depending on a team's needs.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Marner has better vision and better passing ability than boeser

A bit early to make that assertion - especially since I presume that you live out East and do not watch Boeser on a regular basis.
Give it a few years. I bet they both become great forwards; Boeser looks to be a 40 goal scorer in the next few seasons.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
A bit early to make that assertion - especially since I presume that you live out East and do not watch Boeser on a regular basis.
Give it a few years. I bet they both become great forwards; Boeser looks to be a 40 goal scorer in the next few seasons.
He most like be a 40 goal scorer, but marner will always have that better vision and passing ability.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
He most like be a 40 goal scorer, but marner will always have that better vision and passing ability.

I don't think vision and passing > goal scoring and hockey IQ. To each their own though.

There is everyone. A poll that Boeser is winning by 2 votes proves once and for all that he will be a better player than Marner. Might as well close this up since there is more reason to debate it.

That post was in relation to saying Boeser isn't better, which is why I pointed to the poll. Any reasonable person would know that the answer to this question won't be resolved until at least a few seasons down the road. It currently looks like both players will be elite forwards in the near future though.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
There it is everyone. A poll that Boeser is winning by 2 votes proves once and for all that he will be a better player than Marner. Might as well close this up since there is more reason to debate it.
Well now we just have to wait a few months for the OP to make this same poll again and see who takes round 3?
Boeser 2-0 right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad