Mitch Marner vs Brock Boeser

Who will be better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
Marner AINEC. Nylander and Boeser will probably have similar career numbers. Marner is on another level.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Uh......Boeser's played a grand total of 60 games in his career. He hasn't had ANY time to prove anyone right or wrong. Let's see him get through a season before we claim that he's "proven someone wrong", yeah?

Fact is, his shooting percentage this year was 16.2%. That is LIKELY to fall back down to league average. Even Ovechkin has only shot 13.6% this year.

That's hardly a slight. It's just stating facts.

Don't be so sensitive, just because the Leaf player wins the comparison over your guy. :)
If a poster suggests that Brock Boeser has 50 point upside and he breaks that in his rookie year while playing only ~60 games while being on pace for ~40 goals and ~70 points then yes you can absolutely say that this poster is completely wrong about Boeser.

How exactly does the Leafs player win the comparison? Boeser is literally winning this poll meaning the majority of people think he’s better.... Boeser is was on pace for pretty much the exact same rookie season as Matthews and was pretty much neck and neck with him in production until he got injured. Your player may be winning the comparison in your mind, but in reality Boeser is, it’s not my problem if you can’t conprehend numbers properly.

If you expect Boeser to regress to league average than you don’t quite understand shooting% to begin with, not every players shot is created the same.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
If a poster suggests that Brock Boeser has 50 point upside and he breaks that in his rookie year while playing only ~60 games while being on pace for ~40 goals and ~70 points then yes you can absolutely say that this poster is completely wrong about Boeser.

How exactly does the Leafs player win the comparison? Boeser is literally winning this poll meaning the majority of people think he’s better.... Boeser is was on pace for pretty much the exact same rookie season as Matthews and was pretty much neck and neck with him in production until he got injured. Your player may be winning the comparison in your mind, but in reality Boeser is, it’s not my problem if you can’t conprehend numbers properly.

If you expect Boeser to regress to league average than you don’t quite understand shooting% to begin with, not every players shot is created the same.

LMFAO. Yeah, that's right..........Boeser's gonna be a perrenial 40+ goal scorer, even though there's only 4-5 of them each year. He's a LOCK for it. And he's totally "winning" this comparison with Marner, in something more than the fantasies of anti-Leaf fans. Uh-huh. :)

Reactions: 6ix

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Marner AINEC. Nylander and Boeser will probably have similar career numbers. Marner is on another level.
Apparently your "AINEC" is on the wrong player. 201 to 130 suggests maybe it's Boeser who's on another level.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
Marner would get 20 minutes a game on the Canucks, plus he would get to play with the Sedins on the PP instead of Bozak and JVR. I wonder how many points he would get... 80? 90?

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
Toronto has too much depth. Agreed ...put Marner on canucks with the system they have and he puts up 80+ in his rookie year.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Marner would get 20 minutes a game on the Canucks, plus he would get to play with the Sedins on the PP instead of Bozak and JVR. I wonder how many points he would get... 80? 90?
No doubt Marner will be a ppg player for most of his career with a few 100 point seasons sprinkled in but don't discount his current PP contribution with JVR and Bozak.

Matthews and Marner can lose as many polls as the biased fans can throw out there, they'll continue to dominate and win where it matters.
Great time to be a Leaf fan!

Reactions: Raging Bull

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Uh......Boeser's played a grand total of 60 games in his career. He hasn't had ANY time to prove anyone right or wrong. Let's see him get through a season before we claim that he's "proven someone wrong", yeah?

Fact is, his shooting percentage this year was 16.2%. That is LIKELY to fall back down to league average. Even Ovechkin has only shot 13.6% this year.

Don't be so sensitive, just because the Leaf player wins the comparison over your guy. :)

I'm apparently a Boeser hater (according to Canucks fans). But I'm also apparently a Leafs hater. And I also only like American players and hate Canadian players.

This is why I rate Marner over Boeser.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
How many times does Brock Boeser have to prove you wrong before you just give it a rest?

Weren’t you the same poster blabbering about how the Larsson/Hall trade was so awful for the the Devils?

Maybe it’s time to stop evaluating ice hockey players.

If Hall maintains the level of play he's reached this year and re-signs with us, I do that trade all day. But I'm not sure you understand how badly we miss Larsson. Even with Hall playing out of his mind + great seasons from our depth players, we still might miss the playoffs because of how terrible our D is. Vatanen acquisition was huge for us.

I'm honestly still on the fence on that trade because I'm not sure if Hall can sustain his level of play. Even then, it's hard to tell if we'd be any worse if we still had Larsson.
The first year after the trade I'd say Edmonton were winners of that trade. This year it's tipping back in our favor.

If Hall's performance sustains and he re-signs as a Devil, I'll happily admit I was wrong. Wouldn't be the first time for me.

I'm sure you've never been wrong.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Probably Marner. I think he's got more tools for creating offense. Wouldn't fault anyone for going with Boeser with his top level goal scoring ability.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
No doubt Marner will be a ppg player for most of his career with a few 100 point seasons sprinkled in but don't discount his current PP contribution with JVR and Bozak.

Matthews and Marner can lose as many polls as the biased fans can throw out there, they'll continue to dominate and win where it matters.

They’ve been betting against Matthews, Marner and Nylander for two years now, and they keep producing and producing and winning and winning! Certainly feels great to be a Leafs fan.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

You shouldn't fantasize too much. You should try attempting to have realistic expectations. Expecting he will put up 100 points is something that'll never happen.

The only people who have shown bias so far has been mainly Leaf fans.

Maybe you should talk about them winning if it matters, when they start winning in the first round of the playoffs first. Temper your expectations.

Marner is on the same tier as Boeser, but he's inferior to Boeser.

Marner isn't a tier above Nylander either.

Try watching players on other teams play.

You think he would put up a close to a PPG if he plays with the Sedins on the PP? another person living in a fantasy. It seems.
The Canucks PP was 28th in the league last year. He'll be shut down if he plays 20 minutes, especially against top pairing D something he has yet to show. He's basically benefitting from Kadri and Marleau after being put on the line.

Boeser will be right up there with Marner, but not quite on the same level.

You leafs fans should watch Boeser play more. He's already up there, infact he's simply better than Marner.

Poll results speak for themselves.

I'm apparently a Boeser hater (according to Canucks fans). But I'm also apparently a Leafs hater. And I also only like American players and hate Canadian players.

This is why I rate Marner over Boeser.

It's pretty clear that you have a bias against Boeser. (especially when you say " Marner for sure", picked Connor over him IIRC, and then expected the kid will go to a "regression")

Funny thing is you couldn't actually bother to attempt to answer his post when it pertained to that player. Atleast admit it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nucky101

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Practice what you preach.............

So you're saying Marner doesn't benefit at all? He's playing better, but it's clear he benefits playing with them as opposed to not. I don't need to practice something, when I stated something that is fairly obvious. Might want to learn what "practice what you preach" means.

Nice try though [mod]

Oh and ftr JVR himself is better than any LW Boeser has ever played with in his tenure with the Canucks.

Last edited:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

This isn't 2011...Sedins are washed up third liners today. JVR and Bozak > current Sedins. Ask any Canuck fan.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
You shouldn't fantasize too much. You should try attempting to have realistic expectations. Expecting he will put up 100 points is something that'll never happen.

Marner isn't a tier above Nylander either.
You should have realistic expectations, but at the same time you shouldn't be closed minded. Marner absolutely has 100 point potential. If he wasn't ice cold until the New Year came in he could have hit 85+ this season.

Also Marner absolutely is a tier above Nylander coming from someone who has watched them play virtually every game they have played in the NHL thus far. As well as a lot of Marner in London and Nylander with the Marlies. Any sane Leafs fan would agree with that at this point. Marner drives his line and is one of the smartest players in the NHL.

Boeser is also a tier above Nylander.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation

What? Lol

Scroll up?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Boeser is currently injured and Marner is having the best streak of his career and Boeser is still beating him by 70 votes in this poll.

That pretty much says it all.

Reactions: Grabner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: