Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Marner through 29 games: 2g/14a/16pts

49 games since: 20g/33a/53pts

Kadri 22 games before joining Marner : 3g/1a/4pts

29 games since: 17g/12a/29pts

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
how does this make sense? HF polls are almost completely useless and have been wrong so many times. If anything, you're drinking hf koolaid for thinking this poll has real value

Sam Bennett crushed Nylander in a poll a couple months into their draft +1
just gonna leave that there. Everyone jumped ship on Marner when he was struggling but now that he has played at a 90pt pace for the last 4 months they are nowhere to be found

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
but wait...u just said pace is irrelevant and only results matter.

Marner just matched Boesers ppg...in 1:10 less per game (including 37 seconds less on the PP)

cheers

Pace is irrelevant, and nitpicking/conveniently to suit your own arguments just as irrelevant.

If you are going to bother to post results, atleast mention GP.

The fact is Boeser is outproducing Marner around the same amount of games, while playing on a much inferior team and was facing top pairing D while Marner at the same time was playing against second pairing D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Index

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Marner has done this for 2 years now. Boeser has to show more to be considered better. Far too small of a sample size. Marner's production became PPG once he actually got proper linemates and TOI.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Marner should be comfortably ahead right now, not knocking Boeser who looks like a pretty impressive player. But Mitch has been one of the best players in the league in 2018.

He carried the team when Matthews went down and he hasn't stopped since he's been back.

LaymanX

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Jesus, I thought the poll was from like 4-5 years ago, comparing them as prospects? It's from *this*year???

I've been following Marner since his London days and was thrilled when he was picked by the Leafs. We haven't even seen his final form yet and he's already killin' it consistently.

Reactions: Kelly

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
boeser vs marner is essentially a draw right now

How is it a draw lol? Marner is better right now. Boeser might be as good but we don't know till he actually plays next year and has stats something similar to this year.

61 points last season, ~70+ points this season (very likely). Higher career PPG, cracked the league at a younger age and did really well and then improved on that season.

Let's see Boeser next year before we put him next to Marner let alone better.

Last edited:

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I prefer Boeser>Aho, but I give a slight (very slight) edge to Marner right now.

If Boeser puts up 40 goals and 70+ points next year and Marner puts up similar point numbers (70-75), I will give Boeser the slight nod.

Boeser's potential is amazing though, no doubting that and I absolutely cheer for the kid.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
How is it a draw lol? Marner is better right now. Boeser might be as good but we don't know till he actually plays next year and has stats something similar to this year.

61 points last season, ~70+ points this season (very likely). Higher career PPG, cracked the league at a younger age and did really well and then improved on that season.

Let's see Boeser next year before we put him next to Marner let alone better.
If you think there is absolutely no way anyone can consider Boeser equal to or better than Marner than it's obvious you can't see past your own biases. I think you can make an argument for Boeser to be better. Whether or not most people agree with that argument is the point of the debate, no?

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Tough call. Boeser looks to be a better goal scorer and goals will always be more valuable in this league so he's got a big advantage there. But these last 3+ months Marner looks like one of the best players in the league. He controls the game in a way that I haven't seen from Boeser yet.

Reactions: Kelly

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
If you think there is absolutely no way anyone can consider Boeser equal to or better than Marner than it's obvious you can't see past your own biases. I think you can make an argument for Boeser to be better. Whether or not most people agree with that argument is the point of the debate, no?
You don't think the massive difference in sample size matters? It does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->