Mitch Marner vs Brock Boeser

Who will be better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Brock is a special player doing great things on a tire fire of a team and poor line mates. Love to have him

Reactions: knifer and Index

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Watching Marner play the past couple of months it's becoming pretty damn clear that this kid is special player. A player I would trade for only a very few players in the league and Brock Boeser is not one of them .

Reactions: Holymakinaw

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Would any of the fan base who supports either Marner or Boeser be upset regardless of the polls outcome? I think not. Both very good players and both will be fun to watch develop.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
You should have realistic expectations, but at the same time you shouldn't be closed minded. Marner absolutely has 100 point potential. If he wasn't ice cold until the New Year came in he could have hit 85+ this season.

Also Marner absolutely is a tier above Nylander coming from someone who has watched them play virtually every game they have played in the NHL thus far. As well as a lot of Marner in London and Nylander with the Marlies. Any sane Leafs fan would agree with that at this point. Marner drives his line and is one of the smartest players in the NHL.

Boeser is also a tier above Nylander.

There is nothing close minded when I suggest Marner will not score 100 points. I don't see Boeser ever scoring that amount either. This is being realistic.

Only a few handful of franchise level players have accumulated that amount of points.

To put into perspective, only one player (who's generational) McDavid produced that amount of points last season.

Unless scoring rate goes up substantially, it's very unlikely the kid does it.

It's more difficult to produce 100 points than it is to produce 40 goals IMO.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
There is nothing close minded when I suggest Marner will not score 100 points. I don't see Boeser ever scoring that amount either. This is being realistic.

Only a few handful of franchise level players have accumulated that amount of points.

To put into perspective, only one player (who's generational) McDavid produced that amount of points last season.

Unless scoring rate goes up substantially, it's very unlikely the kid does it.

It's more difficult to produce 100 points than it is to produce 40 goals IMO.

He's produced at a 100 point pace since he got put on the Kadri line. And none of his metrics are unsustainable.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Obviously I don't. I wouldn't even care if you said you thought Boeser would be better going forward if you gave a good reason. citing an HF poll is not a good reason
That’s not what I said.

I just thought it was funny that the poll was made at the best possible time for Marner and the worst possible time for Boeser and Boeser was still winning.

Reactions: Hugh Mungus

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
That’s not what I said.

I just thought it was funny that the poll was made at the best possible time for Marner and the worst possible time for Boeser and Boeser was still winning.
It's not so much fun as it is ridiculous. The fact that anyone takes HF polls seriously is pretty sad and funny at the same time.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
That’s not what I said.

this

lets wait for boeser to come back and be 100% on a half decent team and watch this poll become a landslide

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Totally respect what Brock has done on such a bad team and bad line mates. Imagine his totals if he was on a top 6-7 team who is near the top in goal scoring. Sick good player, love to have him on my team. Can't wait to see how he develops more as his team hopefully improves. Congrats Nuck fans!

Non Nucks fan here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->