Mitch Marner Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Just wanted to chime in and point out that Marner's work on the PK last night was awesome. He made like 4-5 terrific reads that saved us from good scoring chances. I like to say that playing on the PK is overrated because almost nobody is an actual difference maker there. Well, when Marner plays like this he is one of them.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Yes! I heard he is ready but they are just waiting to ensure he is 100% healthy because high ankle strains can be chronic.
I think tomorrow is the earliest he could come back due to LTIR rules.

I really hope he's in tomorrow. We need something to energize the lineup. We should be a triple threat, and so often it seems like there's just one line going.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I think tomorrow is the earliest he could come back due to LTIR rules.

I really hope he's in tomorrow. We need something to energize the lineup. We should be a triple threat, and so often it seems like there's just one line going.
Tavares has been playing well lately and Marner's return will only help. Changing coaches lit a fire under this team (temporarily) so hopefully Marner's return will do the same.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hopefully he will.be abck in the next couple games.

Think he will thrive under Keefes systems and i want to watch a fully stacked Leafs pp unit
He is playing tommorrow no? Thought they sent down shore to start clearing cap for him being taken off of LTIR. Really hope he plays tommorrow he may be rusty but his skill will be evident and we need it against a cup favourite in the Avs

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Interesting thing. It certainly looks like he'll be back tomorrow given that he's already practiced with his regular units, and that Spezza was used as a spaceholder for him. The most interesting thing there? They played Spezza in the high slot on the PP. It's something that I've been suggesting for Marner as well. Let him use his shiftiness and spur of the moment-creativity to relay passes from there.

Ideally we'd play with so much movement that these set positions are essentially meaningless, but that seems like too much to hope for somehow.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
id love to be in a position to hold him until saturday at the earliest, get full marner ready to go but with a few days practice just to be 1000% sure. But we cant afford to do that i dont think, its a massively uphill battle babcock left us with and we dont have many spare points to lose

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Hopefully he will.be abck in the next couple games.

Think he will thrive under Keefes systems and i want to watch a fully stacked Leafs pp unit

He's the player who should benefit most from the way we play now, I can't wait for the game.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Since we were all in here bashing him (myself included) during his struggles, I think it's only fair to bump this up now that he's killing it.

128 pt pace under Keefe lol, of course over a bigger sample that's likely to go down, but even 100+ pts would be fantastic, and would actually make his contract kinda fair value at that point.

Him and Matthews have been dynamite together.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
The Matthews-Marner-Hyman line has been absolutely dominant since it's been put together.

Small sample size, of course, but their GF% at 5v5 is 76.47. Just insane.

Other stats at 5v5 (score adjusted):

CF%: 57.13
xGF%: 64.70
HDCF%: 68.52

No small part due to Magic Mitch. Keefe's system is made for a player like Marner and he's straight up dominating and has found terrific chemistry with Matthews. Hyman is doing really good work as well. Great to see.

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Since we were all in here bashing him (myself included) during his struggles, I think it's only fair to bump this up now that he's killing it.

128 pt pace under Keefe lol, of course over a bigger sample that's likely to go down, but even 100+ pts would be fantastic, and would actually make his contract kinda fair value at that point.

Him and Matthews have been dynamite together.
Besides Auston Matthews I think it's fair to say the coaching change has had just as much an impact on Marner and in a very positive way.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The Matthews-Marner-Hyman line has been absolutely dominant since it's been put together.

Small sample size, of course, but their GF% at 5v5 is 76.47. Just insane.

Other stats at 5v5 (score adjusted):

CF%: 57.13
xGF%: 64.70
HDCF%: 68.52

No small part due to Magic Mitch. Keefe's system is made for a player like Marner and he's straight up dominating and has found terrific chemistry with Matthews. Hyman is doing really good work as well. Great to see.

100%. I posted this before he had played a game for Keefe.

He's the player who should benefit most from the way we play now, I can't wait for the game.

Reactions: saffronleaf

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
These two goals scored by Marner have been my favorite ones he's had this season.

I had to listen to the game through the NHL app because I was in Findlay, Ohio on my way home back to Toronto from a vacation. So once I saw the highlights I was absolutely blown away at how spectacular they were.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
We can also say Mitch Marner is an NHL All Star.

EOCeIiWWAAAj7G0

Reactions: saffronleaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad