Mississauga Steelheads 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauler

Feb 26, 2018
Is Kitchener that good or are we that bad today? God they move the puck well.
They do not waste shots like we do. Shots are similar but not scoring chances. Hopefully we keep it respectful for third.

hauler

Feb 26, 2018
Is Kitchener that good or are we that bad today? God they move the puck well.
They do not waste shots like we do. Shots are similar but not scoring chances. Hopefully we keep it respectful for third.
Wow what a comeback, great effort by a few of the players, others not so much. On to next week.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Wow what a comeback, great effort by a few of the players, others not so much. On to next week.

Especially considering they were up against one of the top teams in the West. Nice to have the big guns back in the lineup and producing. Really looking forward to the rest of this season playing out and hopefully they can make a run at the division title with Sudbury leaving the opportunity open

Reactions: Tarantula

hauler

Feb 26, 2018
Game day! Let’s start off the weekend with the bigW. Hope Pruder is back, he was listed day to day.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Looking forward as well, hopefully they aren’t looking ahead to Sunday and take NB lightly.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Geoffrey Brandow has tweeted that Mississauga has the second best record in the East since Dec. They added another win tonight making 8 victories in Jan despite the heavy road sched and injuries.

Schwinny had been on a tear, 4 apples to go with his hat trick last Sunday. So has Hardy, they are clicking on the first line. Edmonds has been far better then I was expecting as well, he has really cleaned up on giving up rebounds and just looks so much better then he had previously when I saw him with Barrie. I didn't mind the deals that brought some extra picks for Ingham and back filling with Edmonds, but happier now with how that looks.

The Wolves are in town and not playing their best. A regulation win puts them only a duece back. Never thought they would get this close as the start of the season began to unfold. Big turnaround, has been fun to watch!!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Two

Back!
Ok what is your assessment? From what I saw the Wolves had zero chance with the atrocious, beyond laughable goaltending. Would be a whole different story this season if they had even remotely competent goaltending. Not to say they haven’t been playing very well but It doesn’t take a great team to win f they can score on every few shots from all over the ice.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Ok what is your assessment? From what I saw the Wolves had zero chance with the atrocious, beyond laughable goaltending. Would be a whole different story this season if they had even remotely competent goaltending. Not to say they haven’t been playing very well but It doesn’t take a great team to win f they can score on every few shots from all over the ice.

With the two teams seemly trending in opposite directions right now, we can certainly see the Steelheads catching the Wolves for the division lead. I will agree that the Wolves goaltending was not very good but the Steelheads did have a lot of scoring chances in the slot, especially on their powerplays

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019

well i went to the Friday game against North Bay where we won 6-2 and it was a snoozefest. Sunday against Sudbury was 10-3 and a much better game - fast paced and even with a 6 goal lead in the 2nd i didn't think we had the game in the bag. The Wolves were fast and scary...I know you guys are in a slump but i still would rather not face you in the playoffs.
Of course 10 goals looks bad, but maybe 1 or 2 were soft goals that could be placed all on the goalie. Your defense didnt offer much help on the other 8.

Blueliner65

Sep 21, 2019
Took the drive down the 400 for game tonight, expected better results but Barrie fought hard and Silvos had a good game, key saves when needed. Thought Edmonds looked a bit tired. Hardie continuing to roll. Big game tomorrow.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Took the drive down the 400 for game tonight, expected better results but Barrie fought hard and Silvos had a good game, key saves when needed. Thought Edmonds looked a bit tired. Hardie continuing to roll. Big game tomorrow.
How was the weather going up notice it was a small crowd in Barrie tonight.

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
its the same old story, all over again
you turned a shot advantage into just another lost period
i want to win, i want to make this game mine
won't they lay it on the line.......lay it on the line....
C'mon Steelheads!
(why don't they play Triumph at the PFFC?)

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tough one last night but I expected Kitchner to have a good game coming off that 3rd period comeback just a couple weeks ago. Hopefully they regain their focus for Sunday's roadie in Kingston.

One point out of four so far, a duece Sunday would make a decent weekend for three road games.

Reactions: three dog night

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Talk about cutting it close, they got they 2 points, but barely.
Hardie has been pretty hot lately.

Definitely an ugly win, should have been an easy win with the 4-0 lead. Nice to see Hardie hit and pass the 30 goal mark on the season. Scouts should be paying more attention to him now...

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Definitely an ugly win, should have been an easy win with the 4-0 lead. Nice to see Hardie hit and pass the 30 goal mark on the season. Scouts should be paying more attention to him now...

Twitter definitely is paying attention, Hardie has been the subject of a couple tweets, OHL insider and The Puck Authority.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Twitter definitely is paying attention, Hardie has been the subject of a couple tweets, OHL insider and The Puck Authority.

Most players have been disrespecting him even before his hot streak.

His hot streak will raise his stock a little bit, but there were a lot of places which had him as a borderline undraftable prospect. That was never the case for him based on the numbers.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Since it is quiet here these days....

Tippet is playing his first full season of pro hockey for the AHL Springfield affiliate of the Panthers, leads the team in scoring. Granted it isn't a particularly a league high number, but certainly not a bad showing at all.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GP G A Pts Pm +

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Since it is quiet here these days....

Tippet is playing his first full season of pro hockey for the AHL Springfield affiliate of the Panthers, leads the team in scoring. Granted it isn't a particularly a league high number, but certainly not a bad showing at all.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GP G A Pts Pm +

Great to see him doing so well as many players have a tough transition from junior to pro. I think it's important to note that he's leading the team in scoring by a fairly significant margin which is a good sign that he is carrying the offence

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tough game, looked like they may pull it off. Turnovers cost them in this one, but Ottawa can put some pressure on quickly. They will be getting Clarke back at some point as well.

With their goalie pulled, Hardie took one off the foot/ ankle with a handful of seconds left, acting as a goaltender as the 67's controlled the puck offensively. Hope he isn't out or injured, he has been playing very well. Hopefully he is back in the lineup.

Ranger has to get the start in NB, you would think? Edmonds has not looked as sharp as he did earlier this year, not too mention they also play Mon afternoon.

Reactions: Blueliner65

Blueliner65

Sep 21, 2019
Ranger should have played NB a few weeks ago, Kingston last Sunday and would make sense to play NB tomorrow. Edmonds needs to rest mentally and physically to be ready for the playoffs.
I will question Richmond’s coaching logic (even more) if Edmonds starts.

SteelGirl

Jan 21, 2018
Disappointing loss after starting so strong, and coming back for an exciting game. Was hoping for at least one point. They need to keep up the pace heading into Monday.
Tough game, looked like they may pull it off. Turnovers cost them in this one, but Ottawa can put some pressure on quickly. They will be getting Clarke back at some point as well.

With their goalie pulled, Hardie took one off the foot/ ankle with a handful of seconds left, acting as a goaltender as the 67's controlled the puck offensively. Hope he isn't out or injured, he has been playing very well. Hopefully he is back in the lineup.

Ranger has to get the start in NB, you would think? Edmonds has not looked as sharp as he did earlier this year, not too mention they also play Mon afternoon.
aa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad