Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yes, their draft grid has a few empty squares, and they picked up some choices with the O Grady deal.

2 years ago the Trout had much steadier D and goaltending, plus they were deeper on offense as well. I still feel they should deal OT, and RM if they can and load up on picks. Having a supply of 2nd rounders helps of course drafting, but also for deals later. There are a few teams in the hunt this year, and not too mention some teams are stocking up for the next few years as is, Saginaw, Peterboro, and London to name a few (apologies to anyone left out). Right now the Trout are behind the contenders today and could be behind the next wave of teams. Would like to see the big boys all year, but I would rather see a special run in a couple of years as opposed to perhaps a one round win then done at best.

Still if things jell right, this team could make some noise and maybe they keep the band together, should be interesting to see it unfold.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Could anyone tell me if the Steelheads are ever on rogers Super Sports Pak? Been trying to find their games when watching some of the OHL games and can never seem to find them.

If they aren't on it is there another way to watch them on Rogers outside of Toronto? Realize you can order them through ohl website but they aren't in HD and already have the super sports pak package.

Any help is much appreciated.

I go to the games, however I do know Rogers bailed on Mississauga right around the time of the OHL final 2 years ago. Humber college were picking up the home games last year, but not sure if that is still happening. For all intents and purposes, Missy may be its' own city, but it is a massive suburb of Toronto, media wise.

Not a full answer, sorry, but some info, hopefully another poster will have more direct info.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Well, that was exciting, Tippett lite it up and played a much more rounded game then he has occasionally in the past, much more commitment. When R McLeod passes the puck it grows eyes, he made some tonight that just timed through a small maze of sticks and skates and went right on the stick of the player being passed to.

Ingham looked good, sharp, he has always had the reflexes. His positioning has been steadier, small number of games I know, but everything else depends on him and a rookie goalie who hasn't had a regular season start.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Needed a centre and he was noticable last night which considering the show Tippy put on says something. Looks like a solid 3rd line centre. Another reason to feel better then a week ago for the Trout.

What was the deal up the 400 on him? Number crunch?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Another win, how about the weekend Ingham had? Little deserved the first star he received today, 2 goals, a assist and took on a larger Brand after a questionable head shot against Tippett.

Liked the work I have seen all along the team, not sure what puck possession time would be in the offensive zone but the Trout control that in three of the games so far.

Reactions: Scooter44

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Another win, how about the weekend Ingham had? Little deserved the first star he received today, 2 goals, a assist and took on a larger Brand after a questionable head shot against Tippett.

Liked the work I have seen all along the team, not sure what puck possession time would be in the offensive zone but the Trout control that in three of the games so far.
There are a lot of reasons to feel optimistic about this season for the Trouts. Everything comes as a function of hard work. Most of their hardest workers are smaller than the average OHLer which makes them fun to watch.
Really excited about the season! Go Trout!!

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Needed a centre and he was noticable last night which considering the show Tippy put on says something. Looks like a solid 3rd line centre. Another reason to feel better then a week ago for the Trout.

What was the deal up the 400 on him? Number crunch?

Pretty much numbers crunch. Guessing Management wanted to develop a couple of 18 year olds on the third line (Bignell and Rhodes) and forth line is making room for four 16 and 17 year olds who they've been rotating to get some ice-time for their development. Kyle was a good character team guy who works hard when he's on the ice, plays 200 ft. game and penalty killer. Never got ton of points but that can change real fast as we've seen time and time again with little opportunity and confidence. Enjoyed watching Kyle play in Barrie and wish him well in Missy.

Should be a good game on thurs. with two teams off to a good start!

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Thanks for the info, like what I have seen sofar, couple of games.

Yes, should be a interesting game Thurs, seems like both teams may have a better season then some expected. Looks like Chiodo is having a great start.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
A two game suspension for Little’s little scuffle seems pretty steep. If that is a precedent I don’t think we will see much fighting this season.
Looking forward to tonight’s game. The two teams don’t like each other much from what I have seen.
Go Les Poissons!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Way it goes in the modern OHL. He stuck up for a teammate who took a headshot. Win some, lose some with the refs.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Way it goes in the modern OHL. He stuck up for a teammate who took a headshot. Win some, lose some with the refs.

There's no chance that was a headshot. Tippett got caught with his head straight down and Brand went right through his chest. Maybe they're suspending guys for instigating after clean hits? I wouldn't hate that

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
According to OHL website:

TeamPlayerDate of GameDisciplineEligible to Return
MISSOwen TippettSept. 30IndefiniteTBD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Another big win by the Trout! Wow this team is really playing well, even when missing two top 6 forwards in Tippett and Little

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Much more depth to this years squad, plus these guys will battle for pucks. Ingham has stepped up his play, liked how he bounced back after 2 quick ones. Last year it would have been a different story. He looks much sharper this year, better positioned, poised.

The D has been far steadier as well overall.
Lots to like so far this year!

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Much more depth to this years squad, plus these guys will battle for pucks. Ingham has stepped up his play, liked how he bounced back after 2 quick ones. Last year it would have been a different story. He looks much sharper this year, better positioned, poised.

The D has been far steadier as well overall.
Lots to like so far this year!
They have bought into JRs system and are playing tough relentless disciplined hockey. Every game this year so far has been full of energy hard work and fun to watch. I think it is going to an outstanding and exciting year if they are able to keep it up. Go salmon!!!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
They did as well for the most part last season, always fought for the puck and won possession more often then not. You actually I believe posted about this last year as well, drawing my attention to it as well. There is a lot to like about this team throughout the roster.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tippett still listed as TBD, any word on when a decision will be passed? Wish the league had some more news on these type of situations.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
OHL media noters has Tippett returning on Sun in Sarnia, so he will miss the home and home against Hamilton. Makes 4 games in total for the suspension.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Noticed the attention some recently waived and traded London players, particularily on the Firebirds thread as they have made a few transactions of late. How about #3 Whittaker? Jr basically gave up the choice he got from Flint, 5th round if I understand right. 3 had a great game I thought in Barrie in particular. He seemed to get the puck very often while forechecking, love watching him.

The Trout haven't dressed one of the OA forwards since 91 and 74 have been back even though they have had 2 forwards suspended last 2 games. Meisenheimer seems like the odd guy out right now.

3in3, Ingham has been much steadier this year, like how he has grown, think LA camp did him wonders. Should see the rookie Ranger at some point. A real test for the Trout this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->