Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Tough OT loss, bad time to go for a line change. The Trout actually carried the play mostly though Ottawa had some good chances. Ingham looked steady and despite the save % for the game played well. I think going to LA probably was a benefit for him as he had some things to work on.

O'Grady missed the game, any word on him?
The bad line change hurt them for sure. The determination, speed and grit they demonstrated certainly makes a fella feel optimistic. The leadership group busted their asses and the youngers followed along. Fun game to watch despite the lose and a point is a point. Go Fish.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
There was alot to be impressed with in regards to effort. JR seems to get the team playing together and last night was a example. They did outshoot the home team on a road game, and probably deserved better, but bounces will come. Ingam looked poised last night, the goals scored were tough ones. He has the reflexes and talent, and I think he will have a bounce back year after some time in LA.

Another East contender tomorow with Nia, should be a good Sunday.

Reactions: Scooter44

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
There was alot to be impressed with in regards to effort. JR seems to get the team playing together and last night was a example. They did outshoot the home team on a road game, and probably deserved better, but bounces will come. Ingam looked poised last night, the goals scored were tough ones. He has the reflexes and talent, and I think he will have a bounce back year after some time in LA.

Another East contender tomorow with Nia, should be a good Sunday.
They got a pretty good return for O’Grady IMO. Hopefully JR will find another big physical D man with better skating skills. Saginaw certainly has been loading up for the this season. That should make the West even more competitive. Boy it would be great if the fish were able to get at least one of the four players at NHL camps back. Two would be over the moon!
Wonder if O’Grady requested a move. There once was a time when Canadian kids saw Saginaw as the Siberia of the O.
Go Fish

Last edited:

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
8 goals against, OMG.
7 as the last tally was a EN. If you're going to troll at least be accurate.

The Trout at least put up a fight after being down 5 goals. The power play took advantage as well. The first first 2 games have been a mixed bag.

I think Ingham looked better then his stats for 2 games would suggest. He also seems to be bouncing back better after as well. D continues to be a issue at times especially in the Dzone.

Looked like a blow out but the Trout fought back. Good to see, will be a long year but if they keep fighting like they have it will be fun to watch.

Surprised to see O'Grady go, 2 Dman gone now with M Hardy cut as well. I guess Barbossa was their choice for a OA dman.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
They got a pretty good return for O’Grady IMO. Hopefully JR will find another big physical D man with better skating skills. Saginaw certainly has been loading up for the this season. That should make the West even more competitive. Boy it would be great if the fish were able to get at least one of the four players at NHL camps back. Two would be over the moon!
Wonder if O’Grady requested a move. There once was a time when Canadian kids saw Saginaw as the Siberia of the O.
Go Fish

Ryan McLeod will likely be returned, not many 2nd rounders stick the whole year at the big show, and possibly Tippett. 74 signed a ELC but if he gets returned this year it has to be OHL unless I am wrong which happens. Hague will be AHL as will M McLeod if neither can stick with the big club.

Still like what I have seen from a young team that has played 2 games against East Favs so far!

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
James Richmond handled himself very well in the 610CKTB pregame when was told by the host that the Trout will be sellers this year. He turned it around quickly and fired back at the homer saying if RM and OT are returned they will not be sellers.

Good on him.

Also, good fight back today against the favourites to win the East. Impressive work ethic.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
James Richmond handled himself very well in the 610CKTB pregame when was told by the host that the Trout will be sellers this year. He turned it around quickly and fired back at the homer saying if RM and OT are returned they will not be sellers.

Good on him.

Also, good fight back today against the favourites to win the East. Impressive work ethic.

Right now the pregame show is only 15 min before puck drop and I was in the rink by then but would like to have heard it. Ultimately I believe the team should be sellers and build up but I like JR not hedging that way publicly. It was a nice effort to fight back but Niagra did step off the gas, however that powerplay stretch in the second was great, so many times teams waste those and the Trout got 3 pp in a row. Hats off to #9 Washkurak, 2 apples and a goal on those PPs.

Ingham has looked sharper then last year and he made a few big saves after getting a few behind him. I think he is tougher between the ears this year, but they have some flaws on D.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Right now the pregame show is only 15 min before puck drop and I was in the rink by then but would like to have heard it. Ultimately I believe the team should be sellers and build up but I like JR not hedging that way publicly. It was a nice effort to fight back but Niagra did step off the gas, however that powerplay stretch in the second was great, so many times teams waste those and the Trout got 3 pp in a row. Hats off to #9 Washkurak, 2 apples and a goal on those PPs.

Ingham has looked sharper then last year and he made a few big saves after getting a few behind him. I think he is tougher between the ears this year, but they have some flaws on D.
I really enjoyed yesterday’s game, had a bit of an ohoh moment when they went down 6-1 but the explosion of energy the Fish displayed during the come back was both encouraging and entertaining. They have some hardworking skilled players. Aside from Ingham they are a no name group of hard working honest players. Totally am looking forward to the season.
Go Trout!!

Last edited:

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
7 as the last tally was a EN. If you're going to troll at least be accurate.

The Trout at least put up a fight after being down 5 goals. The power play took advantage as well. The first first 2 games have been a mixed bag.

I think Ingham looked better then his stats for 2 games would suggest. He also seems to be bouncing back better after as well. D continues to be a issue at times especially in the Dzone.

Looked like a blow out but the Trout fought back. Good to see, will be a long year but if they keep fighting like they have it will be fun to watch.

Surprised to see O'Grady go, 2 Dman gone now with M Hardy cut as well. I guess Barbossa was their choice for a OA dman.
Sugar coating! Defense wins you games, if we cant get that in order , its a big problem.
By the way what is trolling? I post, you post, etc, etc.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Great news! I don’t think the Fish need to be sellers this season. I suspect young McLeod will be back as well.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Great news! I don’t think the Fish need to be sellers this season. I suspect young McLeod will be back as well.

McLeod seems to keep getting talked up by some of the media covering the team but I would think his return is very realistic.

Could become a more interesting season, especially if Tippett steps up to his ability.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Was the game yesterday on local TV? Anyone catch any of the radio broadcast? I am a STH in Etobicoke so I didn't see any listing on cable. Curious to how the broadcast sounded.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Seeing as he's always played out east, can any of you guys help a Spirit fan out with a general scouting report on O'Grady.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
He only was here for the trade deadline on last year, and I am no scout by any measure but I always like a response from another board when I ask about a player.

Steady, can be physical. He was carrying the puck much more on the rush during the Blue White game, something I didn't see much of prior, but Missy had a ton of offense last year.

I liked him and thought he would be a good solid influence as a OA Dman but there just seems like there should be more from him, maybe why he hasn't had much of a sniff at the NHL. He will make some curious choices at times, especially for a guy with his experience. Overall, your D has gotten deeper, to say the least.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Go Fish
O’Grady apparently requested a trade out of Sudbury as well so make of it what you will.

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
With the return on R McLeod and O Tippet, The Trout have gone from a mediocre team to a veteran D from being a true contender...There forwards looked really good without 2 potential Workd Juniors...I wonder if they now go get a OA/veteran D soon, they have some young forwards they could deal...Very interesting and scary forward group.

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
With the return on R McLeod and O Tippet, The Trout have gone from a mediocre team to a veteran D from being a true contender...There forwards looked really good without 2 potential Workd Juniors...I wonder if they now go get a OA/veteran D soon, they have some young forwards they could deal...Very interesting and scary forward group.
Whats scary about it?

Reactions: Scooter44

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
That's good news for the Trout, expected him back but was worried he would be in Edmonton for 9 games.

Wonder what the lines may look like tomorrow night now, should be interesting. I think the speed and skill upfront is going to be a handful for most teams, hopefully the D and goaltending tighten up.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Whats scary about it?
It looks to me that they have a hungry hard working forward group with a top six that are fast tough and experienced. Their team speed overall is intimidating.
Just sayin they just became a much better team with Tippett and McLeod in the fold. There is still need for another veteran defenceman but they have enough in pantry to allow them acquire one.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
It looks to me that they have a hungry hard working forward group with a top six that are fast tough and experienced. Their team speed overall is intimidating.
Just sayin they just became a much better team with Tippett and McLeod in the fold. There is still need for another veteran defenceman but they have enough in pantry to allow them acquire one.

Enough in the pantry? They don’t have seconds for four of the next five years.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Could anyone tell me if the Steelheads are ever on rogers Super Sports Pak? Been trying to find their games when watching some of the OHL games and can never seem to find them.

If they aren't on it is there another way to watch them on Rogers outside of Toronto? Realize you can order them through ohl website but they aren't in HD and already have the super sports pak package.

Any help is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad