Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Good to see some Steelhead content. Thanks for posting the link.

Exhibition hockey tomorrow, see what the game line up looks like, last I checked no word on cuts yet.

Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

All pre-season rosters are now out on the OHL and the Steelheads roster is pretty much what you would expect. I think that one of the FA's from the Q will have a chance, maybe Sam Meisenheimer if they need an additional body up front

Reactions: Tarantula

member 307081

Gens fan coming in peace, is there any stream for the game tonight would love to watch it.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Darius is one of the very few sources of information related to the Steelheads I have been able find. Fish should hire the guy, they need better PR and team information sources. IMO.
Keep up the good work Darius!!

Agreed. He's got a mind and passion for this. Super nice human as well

Reactions: Scooter44

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Gens fan coming in peace, is there any stream for the game tonight would love to watch it.

Highly doubt it as it is being played in the minor rink. Also it is Humber College that shows the games and I doubt the classes are back. Rogers packed up and left 16 months ago.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
2016-17
3.png
Moncton Wildcats
QMJHL 4844822-22 |
2017-18
3.png
Charlottetown Islanders
QMJHL 3681422341 |
3.png
Chicoutimi Saguenéens
QMJHL 202246-2 | Playoffs 3 0 0 0 2 -1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

. I think that one of the FA's from the Q will have a chance, maybe Sam Meisenheimer if they need an additional body up front

Bounced around the Q a bit. Then again there isn't much to trade for a impact OA this year and likely not the year to do it. Spoiled with Spencer Watson 2 seasons ago.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Wins don't really matter now, but of course it is better then the alternative.

Dunsmoore didn't face much fire but he did not look out of place at all in net. Zuyev made a few mis ques but there seemed to be a bit of a communication issue on one of them. He skates like a bull it seems like, not graceful but powerful. Both Imports could have a serious impact as they get used to being here.

More LD then RD, a few shifts had a dman offshot. Will be interesting to see how the lines and d rotation boil down when the next round of games happen.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Wins don't really matter now, but of course it is better then the alternative.

Dunsmoore didn't face much fire but he did not look out of place at all in net. Zuyev made a few mis ques but there seemed to be a bit of a communication issue on one of them. He skates like a bull it seems like, not graceful but powerful. Both Imports could have a serious impact as they get used to being here.

More LD then RD, a few shifts had a dman offshot. Will be interesting to see how the lines and d rotation boil down when the next round of games happen.
I certainly felt more optimistic after yesterday’s game. They were pretty solid on the backend and showed a bit of skill on the front end. Guelph didn’t field a great line up so it is difficult to ascertain how competitive the fish will be this year.
They got good games from all of the returning guys. The fish appear to have speed to burn. There are a few kids who still are staying on the ice longer than their “best before “ date. I think JR will have them ready for the season.

Draftguy

Nov 16, 2015
Thought Dunsmoore was very solid considering the added pressure of playing in front of hometown crowd in his first outing. Made some key saves early. Returning crop looked good and thought Christner had some upside. Would have been nice to see Nardi play as well. Team is small but tough with plenty of speed.

Hockeyoutsider

Aug 25, 2018
I like they way Charlie Callaghan slowed the game down at times during Mondays game nice passes good reads and average skating. Any Missy natives see how he looked during camp, and the game vs Oshawa (if he played)

Misenheimer has a lazer of a shot, nice quick release. I'd lke to see more of him before the season starts. Could be the 3rd OA. (O'Grady, carter and misenhiemer) to be fair I didnt see much of barbosa aside from warm ups.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
I like they way Charlie Callaghan slowed the game down at times during Mondays game nice passes good reads and average skating. Any Missy natives see how he looked during camp, and the game vs Oshawa (if he played)

Misenheimer has a lazer of a shot, nice quick release. I'd lke to see more of him before the season starts. Could be the 3rd OA. (O'Grady, carter and misenhiemer) to be fair I didnt see much of barbosa aside from warm ups.
I heard O’Grady has a injury which could keep him out for a while which isn’t good news. It could provide an opportunity for one of the other OA dmen to get some ice time and a chance to see what they can do. I wonder why Ryan McLeod hasn’t dressed for an exhibition game as yet.
Is he injured?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
This team may not look as good on paper as last year but I could see them having a good season. There is no leading scorer on D as Hague last year but the top 6 should be more steady through and through. They won't score as much but I think they will do better on the goals against and get more balanced scoring amongst their lines this year. A few less shots per game against and a few percentage points on the save % goes a long way from some of the games we saw last year.

Verdict is out on JR as a GM, but I have liked how the team plays for him as a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad