Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
#12 Canade has been pinching in if you will with help on the B line for a couple months, or so. Trout have had injuries on D for a while.

Trout have had some injuries the last while, been a tough month right before the playoffs.
Ya injuries hurt. The Wolves have been without two key members they’re hoping to get back soon too.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Drag for Wells if he doesn't return as he missed considerable time during last years playoffs. Hopefully he gets back and gets games in. McHugh has not been in the lineup since the game in Kitchener I believe, Walker has been out for a few months.

Horrible way to into the playoffs, let alone a 3in3. Not sure if the Paramount is or was available Mon, no BB game. Perhaps they didn't want two week night games?

On a plus side seems as though some more perks are coming for STH, including discounts at the concession stand. Glad to see that.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Very expensive and I am sure that won't be discounted. :(
11 bucks a can as it is now................
Wow...even more than up here where it costs me around nine. Gotta be a little crazy to pay it I know but I’ve grown quite accustomed to having a nice buzz while watching :)
So spider you going to try to make it up to a game?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I have made the trip up there a few times over the last two seasons but no, passing this weekend at least. Got things to catch up on Saturday, and have to work Fri. Will be watching though.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I have made the trip up there a few times over the last two seasons but no, passing this weekend at least. Got things to catch up on Saturday, and have to work Fri. Will be watching though.
Well if I make it down at some point you’ll have to let me know where you’re at for a chat.

member 236327

Hearing that Lyszczarczyk is possibly out for Game 1 (at least).. any truth to this?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The Fan590 is having JR on at 9:35 tonight. Not often one of the major Toronto stations mention the Steelheads. I don't consider the sports media GTA.

Also NYJ are on SN, McLeod has been up to the big team, getting around 10 mins of ice. N Bastien has been injured, he was called up at or around the same time.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Hoping Lazer is in the line up, the Trout have been hit hard with injuries, maybe a couple more guys can return. Tough year for injuries down the stretch.

Trout will have their hands full especially scoring but it should be a good series.

Play off Hockey, drop the puck already!

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
On Mar 17 vs Barrier Hadfield and Prueter had a fight which is Game Misc-Second Fight. Barries season is obviously over so Hadfield got a 2 game suspension applied to next year. Prueter appears not to be suspended as he is not listed in the media notes section (OHL site) even though this is an automatic suspension. So the question is, can and did Missy buy back his suspension or has the OHL once again failed to disseminate the information on their site?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
On Mar 17 vs Barrier Hadfield and Prueter had a fight which is Game Misc-Second Fight. Barries season is obviously over so Hadfield got a 2 game suspension applied to next year. Prueter appears not to be suspended as he is not listed in the media notes section (OHL site) even though this is an automatic suspension. So the question is, can and did Missy buy back his suspension or has the OHL once again failed to disseminate the information on their site?

The plot thickens, but all kidding aside the OHL could be better over all info wise. Is involvement in a second fight a auto 2 gamer? Or has Hadfield had a different auto suspension kick in?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Prueter fought twice in the same game? Can this be true?

No, he got into a fight while one was already happening, hence refering to it as a second fight. Not HIS second fight. The implication from the poster above was that it is a auto suspension, which it appears not to be with him in the line up last night. I don't know what exactly is in the rule book regarding this.

Tough one for the Trout, they have their work cut out for them, especially without Carter. Hopefully they turn the tables tonight, would be great if they could get a early lead somehow, can't be behind two with ULK between the pipes.

Reactions: mtshapcott

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
I fear our only hope is for the Sabres to call up UPL immediately for their playoff push.
Without Carter our offense lacks the shooter we need to test Sudbury. Even with Carter we would still need the likes of Washkurak, Hardie, and Scwindt to step up the offense.
We also dearly need a big shot defenseman that we had last year in Hague.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The Trout will be challenged to score even with Carter, no matter who they drew in the first round. No idea if we see Carter, hopefully he returns and can play a few more games before he moves on.

I would like to see Harley walk the blue line and shoot more as Hauge did last year. His game keeps developing, so we will see.

Hopefully the Trout can get a lead to start the game tonight, hard to be behind with that netminder!

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
No, he got into a fight while one was already happening, hence refering to it as a second fight. Not HIS second fight. The implication from the poster above was that it is a auto suspension, which it appears not to be with him in the line up last night. I don't know what exactly is in the rule book regarding this.

Tough one for the Trout, they have their work cut out for them, especially without Carter. Hopefully they turn the tables tonight, would be great if they could get a early lead somehow, can't be behind two with ULK between the pipes.
It’s UPL :)

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
I fear our only hope is for the Sabres to call up UPL immediately for their playoff push.
Without Carter our offense lacks the shooter we need to test Sudbury. Even with Carter we would still need the likes of Washkurak, Hardie, and Scwindt to step up the offense.
Haha if only they could call him up for you guys, thankfully for us they can’t :)

Reactions: mtshapcott

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
They may be able to in a emergency as Vancouver did earlier this year? Not entirely sure how it works but it aint happening. He has had 2 shutouts against the Trout up north, he is a difference maker.

Expecting a closer game tonight, but I could see the Wolves come out pressing for a early lead. Trouble if that happens.

Anthony Carlucci

Mar 23, 2019

Would be huge if buffalo did lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad