Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
What’s going on in the fishbowl man? Darn fish are looking like they’ll be quite a handful in round 1. Kudos to the team and staff for playing so well despite selling off a few big pieces. Still pains to know we gave up Lazer.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Everybody seems to have bought in, plus some timely goal tending. I don't know if the Trout really have enough to win a round, but they might leave a few bruises on the team they play.
They were relentless on Monday. The Schwindt line played a lot against the Knights big line who did NOT like having the fierce forecheck and fish in their face.
Man I hope they can keep it going. Oshawa will be another tough team who seem to have the fish’s ( or fishes) number. Go Fish!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
They were relentless on Monday. The Schwindt line played a lot against the Knights big line who did NOT like having the fierce forecheck and fish in their face.
Man I hope they can keep it going. Oshawa will be another tough team who seem to have the fish’s ( or fishes) number. Go Fish!

Could be a tough one tonight in the 'Shwa, the Gens are a solid team but can give the puck up in their own end. Sauga might benefit from their forechecking but have to be mindful of the breakout.

Expecting Keyser to start so goals may be hard to come by. The Trout will have to be sharp defensively.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Disappointing game for the fish this afternoon. They were outworked this afternoon which is very uncharacteristic of them. Hope they can bring a little more fire on Wednesday morning.

Reactions: Tarantula

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Disappointing game for the fish this afternoon. They were outworked this afternoon which is very uncharacteristic of them. Hope they can bring a little more fire on Wednesday morning.
I was at the game. Looked fairly even today. Missy got some real decent scoring chances. Rangers just capitalized on theirs more. Nice to see some ex Rangers again and a few local players. Good stuff!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I was at the game. Looked fairly even today. Missy got some real decent scoring chances. Rangers just capitalized on theirs more. Nice to see some ex Rangers again and a few local players. Good stuff!

Over all the Rangers had driven the play, at least until the third. Impressed with some of the talent the Rangers have.

Hoping the Trout hit it a bit harder on Wed, should be a good game.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Snarky weather forecast leads to bus cancellations. Free admin to the 11 oclock game today.

Should be a weird atmosphere as the morning games seem odd as it is.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Snarky weather forecast leads to bus cancellations. Free admin to the 11 oclock game today.

Should be a weird atmosphere as the morning games seem odd as it is.

Hopefully some of the kids can still make it out, I'm sure many will be disappointed. Looking forward to the Steelheads avenging their loss on Sunday!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tough one for the Trout, seemed like anyone breathed got a deuce in the box today.
Carter took a sharp one off the ankle, had to be helped to the dressing room.

How about Isaakson, he practically killed a penalty in the Rangers end while he was completely surrounded and got a shot on goal. He has some flashes, thought he would be a good match on the second line with 9 Washer. Seems like being put on the third line sparked him a bit.

A few line up moves and line changes today. Seems JR wants to keep everyone's attention.

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
Tough one for the Trout, seemed like anyone breathed got a deuce in the box today.
Carter took a sharp one off the ankle, had to be helped to the dressing room.

How about Isaakson, he practically killed a penalty in the Rangers end while he was completely surrounded and got a shot on goal. He has some flashes, thought he would be a good match on the second line with 9 Washer. Seems like being put on the third line sparked him a bit.

A few line up moves and line changes today. Seems JR wants to keep everyone's attention.
The radio guys said Barbosa was a healthy scratch today. I found that surprising. Too bad Wells didn't sit as he took 4 minors I believe.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Barbossa has a injury, arm I believe. Wells didn't deserve at least two of those calls, a few penalties today were committed by Casper the Ghost. Game was over officiated, other nights the zebras don't seem to know they have a whistle.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Any word on Carter? He would be a tough guy to replace. Hope it isn’t a serious injury.
Nice shot block though.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I have no inside info on the Trout, I actually hear more about another team info wise. Didn't look good, he really struggled to get off the ice and it was a point blank shot so to speak. Tough to see as he has been having a great season with Lazer.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Thinking tomorrow may be a good time to start Ranger. Ingham has been solid but has had a heavy work load so far. Ranger has looked good when Ingham had the flu.

Tough go for the Trout recently, hoping they turn the tide tomorrow as they have a date with Ottawa on Sun.

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
Thinking tomorrow may be a good time to start Ranger. Ingham has been solid but has had a heavy work load so far. Ranger has looked good when Ingham had the flu.

Tough go for the Trout recently, hoping they turn the tide tomorrow as they have a date with Ottawa on Sun.
Not sure I would play Ranger now. Fish need this game badly or the 3 game losing streak could very well hit 5 by end of Sunday.
I like Ranger, but Ingham gives them the best chance to win. Maybe play Ranger in one of the Erie games

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
One exciting game. JR kept scrambling the lines and the guys kept their feet moving. Nice to see them overcome a duece down against Barrie.

C Carter, and McHugh scratched. Probably led to the line juggling. I know Carter took a laser off the ankle against Kitch so he may be out a bit. Have to believe McHugh has something as well. He has had a rough year with his broken jaw already.

Ham continues to impress me, he has ice smarts at both ends of the ice.

The Trout were skating tonight, hopefully they won't have bus legs in Ottawa on Sun. 67's could be flying themselves as they have had a disappointing stretch as of late.

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
I firmly believe that the fighting instigator penalty given to Luke Bignell last night was insufficient. He sat in the box for 10 minutes for what amounts to an unprovoked aggravated assault on Canade.
Canade threw a completely clean and legal hit on Suzuki. This results in an attack from Bignell. Bignell should have been thrown out of the game and received a suspension as well.
I understand people love to see fights (I don't) but in this scenario the league is condoning a de facto system of justice to be administered by goons where they have no authority to do so. I'm not calling Bignell a goon, I'm sure he is a fine player and a good kid, but the powers that be in hockey pressure these kids to "stick up for" a star player who receives a good clean hit.
I love hard hitting tough hockey, but this kind of fighting instigation has to be stopped. A two minute minor to the team is insufficient.
Rant over.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I don't like when a player gets run at right after a good hit. Not calling out Barrie as it happens all over the league and in the pros as well. Linesmen looked a bit sloppy, Canade had a knee on the ice well before they stepped in. Lit a fire under Canade though, maybe the rest of the team as well. Would have to believe he is a popular teammate.

Reactions: mtshapcott

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Big test against the 67s, see if JR scrambles the lines as much as he did Friday. Think some of the injuries play a role. Hope Carter sees the ice soon, not sure of his situation after blocking that shot.

Sauga has played Ottawa well, should be a good game.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Ranger played well, looking forward to his play going forward. Looks like a bright future in goal for the Trout.

Good to see Carter back. McHugh still out.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Ranger played well, looking forward to his play going forward. Looks like a bright future in goal for the Trout.

Good to see Carter back. McHugh still out.

Glad to see Carter back as well, I was worried the injury could have been quite severe.

With a 6 point cushion on the Petes in 6th place, the Steelheads should be able to wrap up 5th place with a couple of wins. Going to be a tough 1st round match-up no matter who they go up against in the top 4

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
5th seems pretty likely and the first round could be any one of the leading 4 sans Ottawa. Tough no matter how you slice it. The playoffs look very interesting this year league wide.

That was a great game for Ranger, Ingham has I believe, the most minutes in the league this season if I heard correctly. Ingham would have to be a major part in the Trout putting a scare into their PO opponent.

Ranger looks like a guy with some serious upside, while he hasn't logged much ice time he seems so much quicker and fluid moving around the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->