Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I'll be visiting with my buddy. We're driving up from Sudbury, leaving around 1130.

What areas should we avoid to get to the arena the fastest? Also, what type of restaurants are nearby? By that I mean, I've already Google mapped my entire journey, please tell me what you recommend as hockey fans haha

Thank you :)

There is diddly around the arena, with the exception of a Subway. If you google around the area there are some other real restaurants around, a couple of blocks away.
Traffic can be a pain on Dixie Rd, but who knows what it will be like tomorrow.

Looks like a great day for a drive tomorrow, good luck.

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
I'll be visiting with my buddy. We're driving up from Sudbury, leaving around 1130.

What areas should we avoid to get to the arena the fastest? Also, what type of restaurants are nearby? By that I mean, I've already Google mapped my entire journey, please tell me what you recommend as hockey fans haha

Pomodoro Hurontario and Matheson Great Food!

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019

i went here prior to the Sunday game https://www.fredsbarandgrill.ca/
I even spotted another Steelheads fan there which is a very rare thing in Mississauga. its a very easy drive straight up Central Parkway/Kennedy to the rink with limited rush hour traffic.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Unfortunately my son caught a fever and I'll be the parent staying home with him. I have already purchased tickets to Wednesday's game and am just wondering if anyone would be interested in buying them for $5-$8 off? I can transfer them directly through ticketmaster with an smake address.

Thank you

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Hoping for a big effort from the Trout. I don't and didn't expect a series win however the experience is good moving forward to next season for the returnees.

Could be Carter and Lazers last game. Both guys have been great acquisitions for the Steel and have been great to watch.

I could see the Wolves coming on strong early to try and get a early lead, and then force mistakes. The first few shifts will be interesting as the game settles in. I wouldn't be surprised if the Trout also try to get a early lead.

See who steps up tonight, tough being down 3 to nil, see who wants to keep playing hockey this year.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Classless celebration by Alan L
It was in the heat of the moment. I don’t care for it but it’s partly just gamesmanship. If the Wolves players felt that strongly about it, they wouldn’t have been so friendly shaking hands and smiling. He was a good player, frankly we never should have traded him. Also you know when you post a coment like that on the other team’s board it doesn’t come across well and it just going to rile them up. Up to you but I’d save it for our board.

We’ll see the Steel again next year, many will be a little older and wiser.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tough series for the Trout and for the players aging out and moving on. The team had a better season then I anticipated going in.

Time for the draft, hopefully they can restock. This is where having a better season then predicted can sting.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Tough series for the Trout and for the players aging out and moving on. The team had a better season then I anticipated going in.

Time for the draft, hopefully they can restock. This is where having a better season then predicted can sting.

I looked at the players who have suited up for the Trout this year and saw several 16-18 year olds. Are you guys expecting to contend next year?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
They picked up 2 '01 players at the trade deadline. It really is the first year of a rebuild as well, they should have sold M McLeod last year in retrospect. They will or should be better next year but I am guessing 2 years. I don't think their model is to completely bottom out.

Reactions: mtshapcott and WaW

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
They picked up 2 '01 players at the trade deadline. It really is the first year of a rebuild as well, they should have sold M McLeod last year in retrospect. They will or should be better next year but I am guessing 2 years. I don't think their model is to completely bottom out.

Fair, so another mid-range season potentially in the cards then prior to being a legit league contender once more? Any chance you'd be looking to trade Ingham in that case? Several teams (Sudbury included, lol!) will be looking for a goalie to make a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad