Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tough one against Hamilton tonight, Trout seemed to lack some bite until it was to big a hill to climb. Seemed to be out worked tonight, give the Bdogs their due.

They have a bus ride to Pennsylvania tomorrow, hopefully have some more wind in their collective sails.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
That nice lead the Steelheads had built up on the Petes is gone now, although i'm not sure the difference between 5th or 6th will mean much come playoff time. Both the Gens and Wolves have owned the Trout all season

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yeah, Petes on a roll and the Trout aren't. I thought 5th was looking fairly safe until recently. The Petes have a tougher run to finish the season though.

Both Sudbury and Oshawa have solid goal tending, and the Trout don't have that much fire power, tough to take a round.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Well Ottawa did the Trout a favour if 5th place is important. Still looks like the Trout will finish 5th, but perhaps Ottawa rests out their last meeting with the Petes which would be a big benefit for them.

Any word on the Walker injury? Looks like he won't be back this year, was it a knee?

Last night's game got a little chippy, and NB usually tries running the Trout around.

Expecting Ingham to start and guessing if they can clinch 5th tonight I would start Ranger for the last game. Ingham hasn't looked as sharp as earlier, he has played a lot of hockey this year.

Reactions: hockieguy

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
A win against Barrie and the Trout are 5th. Looks either way the Trout's PO schedule will be decided amongst the last as the Wolves V Gennies game has the last puck drop.

I don't think it makes too big a diff who they face off against, it will be like pulling hay uphill.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Steelheads clinch 5th with 3 goals in 40 seconds, haven't seen that in a level higher then PeeWee.

I certainly don't expect a long run but playoff hockey starting this weekend. Home games here early next week I reckon.

SteelGirl

Jan 21, 2018
"Barrie" wonderful.........what a great come-back win! Don't doubt the trout. But, if the boys want a shot at winning any playoff games, they need to play the entire game the way they did the last 10 minutes of today's game.

I believe the first home playoff game will be Monday March 25th.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
"Barrie" wonderful.........what a great come-back win! Don't doubt the trout. But, if the boys want a shot at winning any playoff games, they need to play the entire game the way they did the last 10 minutes of today's game.

I believe the first home playoff game will be Monday March 25th.

True indeed but it is a nice way to roll into the post season, they have looked flat lately.

No Wells or Carter today, nor Ham, could be a big concern if any of them aren't able to go.

That was four goals in 55 seconds, Colts score to go up three and the Trout take the face off and answer back in 15 seconds. Take control from the next face off and score again 29 seconds after to pull within 1. Twenty one seconds later they tied it, pity anyone who had to take natures call and missed that.

See how the Trout fare with the Wolves. Has been a struggle with them but should be interesting nonetheless.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Rogers rode out of town 2 years ago. Humber College took up some of the schedule but who knows how it times with their semester/school year. I go to the home games so I haven't seen their broadcast but I would imagine OHL live would be available.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Really looking forward to the playoffs! It's been such a roller coaster season but it was nice to see them close out the season by earning the 5th seed.

Unfortunately the 3 in 3 to start the playoffs really hurts the Steelheads as they currently have 5 players out with injuries which includes two top 4 d-men and a 1st line winger

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Certainly stings, any word if anyone could possibly return soon? 3 in 3 to start the playoffs doesn't leave room for a short bench. Could be a tough weekend.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Wolfpak

Feb 7, 2007
I know you've been riddled with injuries, but can anyone give me a list of your line combinations?

Wolfpak

Feb 7, 2007
I've also noticed that the Steelheads have only dressed 5 defenceman the last 3 games. Is there a forward playing on the blueline?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I've also noticed that the Steelheads have only dressed 5 defenceman the last 3 games. Is there a forward playing on the blueline?

#12 Canade has been pinching in if you will with help on the B line for a couple months, or so. Trout have had injuries on D for a while.

Trout have had some injuries the last while, been a tough month right before the playoffs.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Really looking forward to the playoffs! It's been such a roller coaster season but it was nice to see them close out the season by earning the 5th seed.

Unfortunately the 3 in 3 to start the playoffs really hurts the Steelheads as they currently have 5 players out with injuries which includes two top 4 d-men and a 1st line winger
Really? What are their names? That is rough. As far as the schedule, what do you guys think? Worst I’ve ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->