Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I think so as well. Won't be a blow out tonight, I see a strong effort from the Trout. I also see the Wolves trying to come out of the gate flying, a early lead and who gets it really matters tonight. Hopefully the Trout can take advantage of being home and out skate and out work the bussed legged Wolves.

Tonight is crucial as the difference between 3-0, and 2-1 is huge, obviously, but it would be good for the players returning to have a contested series.

Reactions: three dog night

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Considering the construction on the 400 and the typical traffic snarl in MississaugaLand I hope you're leaving soon! :DD

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
Tough loss last night. I won't blame the ref because although he was terrible (only 1 of the two was brutal) he made more bad calls against Sudbury than against us.
The roughing call on Whittaker that put us down 2 men and led to the first Wolves goal was very questionable. The Canade penalty was a good call. I think the ref realized his mistake and then tried to "even things up" by penalizing Sudbury on some phantom infractions.
Although Whittaker took a couple of penalties, including a double minor for high sticking that also cost us a goal I think he played one of his strongest games of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do next year as a 19 year old possibly playing on the top line.

Reactions: cub and Tarantula

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
The officiating sure did leave a bit to be desired. With a bit of luck the series could be looking quite different. Hope the Trout can still make a series of it, more experience.

Agreed, the reffing in this series has been absolutely atrocious. I think you guys were hard done by to lose both games 2 and 3 from a gameflow/momentum perspective.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
The officiating sure did leave a bit to be desired. With a bit of luck the series could be looking quite different. Hope the Trout can still make a series of it, more experience.

Even if its a sweep, the Wolves have been in a series. All the games so far have been tight and physical and the Wolves have had to earn it. No cakewalk here

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Even if its a sweep, the Wolves have been in a series. All the games so far have been tight and physical and the Wolves have had to earn it. No cakewalk here

This is true. Unfortunately so far the same can't be said for Ottawa and Oshawa :thumbd:

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Tough loss last night. I won't blame the ref because although he was terrible (only 1 of the two was brutal) he made more bad calls against Sudbury than against us.
The roughing call on Whittaker that put us down 2 men and led to the first Wolves goal was very questionable. The Canade penalty was a good call. I think the ref realized his mistake and then tried to "even things up" by penalizing Sudbury on some phantom infractions.
Although Whittaker took a couple of penalties, including a double minor for high sticking that also cost us a goal I think he played one of his strongest games of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do next year as a 19 year old possibly playing on the top line.
I respect your impartial analysis Spider-Man. You obviously know hockey.

Reactions: mtshapcott

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
This is true. Unfortunately so far the same can't be said for Ottawa and Oshawa :thumbd:
No kidding. Man the Petes really have to step up and show some pride for the sake of themselves and their fans. No way should they be getting blown out. It seems to me that maybe they’re just not that tight of a group and something is off with their commitment and mind set. That’s the main reason I didn’t think they’d beat the Wolves.
Having said that, it is very obvious and awesome to see that the Wolves appear to be tight as a drum. All for one, one for all.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I figured the Trout would put up resistance, they were playing with tempo and working hard after the trade deadline. Couple guys fighting some injuries as well. Good to see McHugh back, likely has some rust to knock off.

Hoping for a couple wins at least as I don't want the season to end just yet. Some of the roster could use some playoff experience as well. Ingham is the only guy left from their run 2 years ago. McHugh went through ths Soo V Rangers last season, but these guys haven't seen much play off hockey. Game 2 stings, seems like that one was there for the taking.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I figured the Trout would put up resistance, they were playing with tempo and working hard after the trade deadline. Couple guys fighting some injuries as well. Good to see McHugh back, likely has some rust to knock off.

Hoping for a couple wins at least as I don't want the season to end just yet. Some of the roster could use some playoff experience as well. Ingham is the only guy left from their run 2 years ago. McHugh went through ths Soo V Rangers last season, but these guys haven't seen much play off hockey. Game 2 stings, seems like that one was there for the taking.
Yes it was. Game one not so much.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
I'll be visiting with my buddy. We're driving up from Sudbury, leaving around 1130.

What areas should we avoid to get to the arena the fastest? Also, what type of restaurants are nearby? By that I mean, I've already Google mapped my entire journey, please tell me what you recommend as hockey fans haha

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad