Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Looks like the Trout will be wearing football inspired jerseys on Sunday for the Pinball Clemons Foundation Game. Huge numbers on the front of the jersey like football. That will help my eyes out!

Nice to see the Trout teaming up with Clemons and his foundation!

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Canade suspended for a deuce, shenanigans at the end of the Saginaw game.
Canade is a tough kid who has skill and a whole lot of energy and grit. He has been playing very well the past few games and I enjoy his physical and gritty approach to the game.
Essentially the team will be playing missing an important left winger and with Tippett gone a top right winger. It is a great time for the younger players on the team to step up and be noticed.
Go Fish!!

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tippett originally suspended 1 game, now has become 5. Appears there has been a change of mind at the OHL office.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
If he makes TC, would he not have to sit the suspension out during their games at the WJC?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tough stretch for the Trout, and not going to be any easier today. 3rd game in 3 days and the Wolves had yesterday off and have been on a roll.

Canade should be back today for the inaugural Pinball Clemons game.

Reactions: Scooter44

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Tough stretch for the Trout, and not going to be any easier today. 3rd game in 3 days and the Wolves had yesterday off and have been on a roll.

Canade should be back today for the inaugural Pinball Clemons game.
Hard to know whether the Trout will be sellers or buyers. They are certainly missing Walker and it will be nice to see Canade back from suspension.
I hope they don’t let the Wolves push them around today.
#14 is looking more and more confident and is going to be a dandy.
They are still fast and fun to watch. If I were JR I would give #14 ( I get the Hardys and Hardies mixed up) some time on left wing with McLeod and Carter.
Go Fish!!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Zuyev has been absent as well. Hardie has been looking pretty good so far and has gotten some ice time on the first line, here and there. Not so much lately.
I am leaning to selling this year, boost the draft vault some.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Do the refs always feel the need to put on a show in Missy? Way too many penalties. Wolves with one of their worst periods of the season in the second. Credit the trout, they were determined to win this one.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Do the refs always feel the need to put on a show in Missy? Way too many penalties. Wolves with one of their worst periods of the season in the second. Credit the trout, they were determined to win this one.

Yes, who knows what you get with the refs in this league. Seems like the linesman will call anything close offside now to avoid the replay cancelling a goal.

The Trout played well, less mistakes the they had in Guelph. Did not look like their third in three. Nice to head into the break with a win.

Nice run for the Wolves, 8 straight, thinking they haven't been getting the notice they should.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Yes, who knows what you get with the refs in this league. Seems like the linesman will call anything close offside now to avoid the replay cancelling a goal.

The Trout played well, less mistakes the they had in Guelph. Did not look like their third in three. Nice to head into the break with a win.

Nice run for the Wolves, 8 straight, thinking they haven't been getting the notice they should.
Ya maybe that’s not always a bad thing. Home streak at 12 is still alive, chance to set a record on the 28th.
Man I wish we’d have kept Alan L. Loved that guy, great game from him.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
He has been playing well and having some tough luck at times around the net. Like Lazer a lot.

Ingham has been getting a lot of games and has been a different goalie this year. Most improved player so far for the Trout, IMO.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Another good effort for Ingham and Laser. Laser just missed a hat trick and the winner with the puck bouncing all around the Petes goal.

Reality setting in for the Trout. Hoping they sell off for some picks for the future.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Saginaw certainly is not a place I would what my son living and playing. I guess if JR decides to move young Ryan a team in the West would be best. @Cartsy22 sure as heck will miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->